PDA

View Full Version : Way to many goggle problems...

allenb
07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I bought a paintball gun pack a while back. It came with a "V-type" Paintball goggles. Worst I have ever seen. They fog up to the point that I couldn't see a guy ten feet in front of me (ya, thats sad), and after only TWO games they are so scratched up it looks like someone took a jackhammer to it... Oh, and the padding around it is already falling off. Any opionions on a better mask with still alot of view I could get, or what i can do with the one I have now? I don't have much money, though....

Thanx alot.

ooglieboogliebob
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Profilers, Proflex, Events ... one of those 3 should do you good :)

Paradox313
07-07-2006, 08:41 PM
what ever you do dont buy an inexpensive mask
buy a mask that is in the 60-100 price range trust me you want to keep your face intact and ill spend $100 any day to not screw up my face for the rest of my life
buy a mask that has great customer reviews, and is a mask to your liking

go with what ooglie said those are all very good masks
the masks i have seen that are the most popular and to my knowlegde are good masks are

Profilers, E-vents, Avatars, Proflex, I3, and FS
I personally have a Proto FS and I LOVE IT i got a hell of a deal on it through ebay too

1 Black FS mask, 1 Fan, 2 Lenses of my choice for $80

allenb
07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
thanks alot, that really helps me out

allenb
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
hey i was checking out these masks... sweet masks and all, but lets just say im not bringing in money on a regular basis... i honestly need a cheap-cheap-cheap one, like 35$ most. I'd love to get some of those masks you said, but, heh, i don't think it's gonna be able to happen, thanks.

ooglieboogliebob
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
go for the VForce Vantage then

thechubbss12
07-08-2006, 04:53 AM
You can find older used Dye Invisions... for the $30-$40

Ive used mine for 2 years (time for me to get a new mask.... but i spend all my money on everything else...) and loved it all the time... its just so old all the foam is almost falling off.

vikingshadow
07-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Sounds like you got the vForce Armor mask, which is their lower end. You can step up one level to the Shield, which isn't a bad mask at all - they use the same lenses as the Advantage and the Profiler and are really good masks.

I used one for about a year and loved it until I got my Profiler. I've had my profiler for 2 years or so - got it shortly after they came out, and I won't get any other kind of mask. Comfortable, doesn't fog, stays put, small, looks good, easiest to change the lense and clean out there - it's an excellent mask! My teammates got Proflex 7's and they like them - but I didn't go for it because it just felt weird to me.

All the GOOD masks were listed, but the BEST thing you can do is go to a shop somewhere and try them all on. Different heads take different masks and what's great for us may not be good for you.

Paradox313
07-08-2006, 06:54 AM
viking is always descriptive and accurate when it comes to paintball questions
and yeah go shop somewhere and try on different masks

silentpaintballfreak
07-08-2006, 07:06 AM
i have avatars and love them, wont fog for anything. I had protos and sold them for thirty with 1 reg lens and 1 chrome thermal lens. I paid 81 something for the avatars. well worth the money.

colonel_moo
07-08-2006, 07:42 AM
honestly, a mask is not a place where you want to skimp. if you get a cheap mask. you can have the nicest gun in the world, but if you cant see them, you cant shoot them. especially if you are playing woodsball, and the games go on for 30+ minutes, not being able to see can be extremely frustrating and even dangerous. try to find a used profiler or something, you wont regret it. if you just get another cheap mask, the same thing is going to happen.

Hossy
07-08-2006, 07:56 AM
yeah,

JT proteus are nice masks for the price, look for one of them

scat
07-08-2006, 08:05 AM
I like my v-force shield it is a great mask and dont scratch very easily and it dont fog at all but the best mask that I fount is a profiler it is great and around me thay are only about $45 but if you want a great opinion pm bamf-hacker he is a goggle collector and he can give you some really great advice

Sandman_Bravo
07-08-2006, 02:39 PM
whichever you decide to get, after each day of play wash the foam in soapy water and rinse well. I used that method on moto-cross goggles and it really extends the life of the foam. I think sweat and grime break it down.

vikingshadow
07-08-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL! I just throw mine, sans lenses, into the dishwasher along with my barrels, pods, pack, gloves, barrel condoms, etc. After two years, they still have the original foam. Make sure you use AIR dry though!

mv540
07-08-2006, 05:18 PM
JT Elite nVader Thermal Paintball Mask

try this mask. Its cheap.

For personall expierence 0, but a friend of mine gat those and he ain´t gat trouble with it.

colonel_moo
07-08-2006, 05:32 PM
whichever you decide to get, after each day of play wash the foam in soapy water and rinse well. I used that method on moto-cross goggles and it really extends the life of the foam. I think sweat and grime break it down.

make sure you take the lense out first though, because the soap can really deteriorate the plastic on the lense. you shouldnt use anything but water to clean a lense.

bamf-hacker
07-08-2006, 07:19 PM
I like my v-force shield it is a great mask and don't scratch very easily and it don't fog at all but the best mask that I fount is a profiler it is great and around me thay are only about $45 but if you want a great opinion pm bamf-hacker he is a goggle collector and he can give you some really great advice

Ha thanks...

Yes I do have a few goggles...

Right now my favorites are my V-Force Profilers SE. I just picked up some JT Proflexs and my new Grey frames should be here soon, so who knows they might move up the list!

The key to goggle life is maintenance. Clean the frames and foam well after every day of play with mild soapy water. Like Vike said air dry them. DO NOT USE ANYTHING ON THE LENSES, JUST WATER AND A COTTON CLOTH, OR LENSES SPECIFIC CLOTH. On thermal lenses take great care not to wipe the inside surface or soak them with water, it will ruin them. At least once a year replace your lenses. If you see any cracks in your lenses replace them. If you take a point blank shot to the lenses replace them. If you buy your goggles used, replace the lenses, no matter how new the seller says they are.

The last thing you want to mess with are your eyes!!!

HacKeR

Ace24
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Vforce Morph have the same spherical lense as the Profilers. You can see alot, they have the bounce rubber on the face area, and they are $35-45 depending on where you get them. I love mine, and the foam around the eye peice is still there and fully intact. Its a great mask. The thermal on the stock lense is baked on too. After looking through the Spherical lense.. I cant go back to any other system. You can see SO MUCH through the spherical lense.

Hob Hayward
07-09-2006, 08:09 AM
I have 30$ (at actionvillage) jt Elite nVader goggles wit hthe thermal lens, they've done me well, never fog, relatively comfortable, never had a problem with them, my friend has the same ones and another kid I know. My bro has the elite nForcers which are the same mask, just 180* field of view, so they might be a better choice for 5$ more.
Another friend of mine has the v-force pro-vantage thermal goggles, they're pretty good, but not double pane lens, however, they still don't fog.

I'd say those would be a good choice if you don't have lots of money.

Ace24
07-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Someone mentioned the VForce Shield... I dont recomend that to anyone but newbies... The mask is a really hard plastic that basicly guarentees that any ball that hits the mask is going to break. The VForce Morph is the same mask design only there isnt a huge area up top for your head, no neck protector that the shield has, and the bottom mouth area is "Bounce rubber".

viperx6x9x
07-09-2006, 09:28 AM
i got some v-force vantage goggles a month or so ago, ive liked em so far. the lenses are fog resistant not thermal but ive never had an issue with them fogging up or anything. except for those times when you take a paintball in the lenses, then you cant see very well. But the quick disconnect system they have makes it really easy to pop out the lenses and rinse em off real quick. ready to go for the next game before the one you got shot in is over.

just my thoughts i know theres better goggles but these might be more in his price range.

Ace24
07-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah I know alot of people that own those. I love VForce for their quick release lense system. It makes it so easy to clean the lenses when you get shot. If hes not interested in the spherical lense, the Vantage is the way to go.

I would recomend that he goes to a paintball store near him and tries on some. But the spherical lense is incredible.

vikingshadow
07-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Someone mentioned the VForce Shield... I dont recomend that to anyone but newbies... The mask is a really hard plastic that basicly guarentees that any ball that hits the mask is going to break. The VForce Morph is the same mask design only there isnt a huge area up top for your head, no neck protector that the shield has, and the bottom mouth area is "Bounce rubber".

I was the one who mentioned the Shield. And actually, the Morph, although it has the bounce stuff on the front of it, is a lot bigger mask - it's more round. The shield is closer to your head. I don't think it's a "newb" mask at all. It's an inexpensive mask that uses the same lense as the profiler and the Vantage and covers a bit more of the neck and forehead area. I used the Shield for almost a year before my Profilers and I liked it well enough. Sure, I had a few mask breaks, but I've had them with my Profilers as well. Easy enough solution - just don't get shot in the head!

I stand by my original post in that we can tell you til we're blue in the face which mask to get, but you actually need to try them on before you buy one.

badlandsrox
07-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Contrary to what you guys are saying, even the Cheap JT googles work very well, i havn't had to replace mine yet, even after 3+ years of playing near every weekend, and they have next to no scratches, and have survived multiple close range hits at over 400 fps (dont ask....). These are around $25 canadian, fit very nicely, come apart easily for cleaning, have a removable plastic sun-blocker thing, and once fit, stay in the same place. These goggles prove that price doesn't always = Quality.

newkid
07-09-2006, 05:43 PM
wat paintball pakage?

spydermr1
07-15-2006, 04:42 PM
I recently picked up a pair of Profiler SE goggles. I absolutely LOVE them, I wouldnt look at a price tag on a pair of goggles, they are protecting your eyes and face. My Profilers fit so perfect and feel so nice that, at times..I dont even realize theyre on my face! I couldnt ask for a better pair of goggles. The goggles I had before my profilers were JT Elites..they were ok..but not something Id recomend.

TStites
07-15-2006, 07:40 PM
go to Wal-Mart they sell some cheap mask and they say fog resistant on them I bought a v force from them and I have not had any problem. it cost about 35. they one I bought covers your head to which I like. look for one that has a fog resistant sticker on the goggles