PDA

View Full Version : LAN party playlist.

claustrophobia9
07-07-2006, 07:48 PM
ok guys another lan party is around the corner at my house and i'm expected to have a playlist of 8-9 hours of music that is fairly new to the guys playing. i have my house wired to one stereo and need some music that fits these guidlines/spectrum:

im looking for an industrial type sound, so anything with a bit of techno might be good, digitalized sound is good. nothing complaining about intangibles... ie "i hate you" or "i hate cats" or "i hate that garbage truck" is fine but "i hate life" or "i hate love" or "i hate god" is out of the picture, imo that stuff is garb and whiney emo stuff... no need for it bringing down my party. NO country... if you somehow find some that has techno in it... i dont care if you hit a cat and wrote some whiney song about it instead of being normal and taking it to the vet. country = emo - suburban/urban trends. some trance/house music might be nice as long as it doesnt have very much like moaning/wierd vocals. some tribal junk might be a wierd additive. and not too much screaming... if singing/screaming > 1/3 then scrap it. screams are short bursts not the entire song, i already have a few scream-o songs but nothing is really just like something you listne to and are like "stfu" i dont mind rap, but do not like jamacan giberish... or over-mumbling. 50cent mumbles too much and i cant understand anything. less "ho's" and more cars/violence would be nice because the "ho's" really arent involved in gaming... those are my rap guidelines.

right now i have:
some traditional linkin park (-some live songs and -the 2 to 3 hate of intangibles)
fort minor (rap/rock stuff)
linkin park bonus'
various techno including a sandstorm remix, super techno club version with some other language lyrics for the american song "listen to your heart" (my mom somehow identified the basic tune under the heavy techno), collateral club song, matrix end fight song (has tribal in it), maybe 1 or two halo songs, and entire 2 hours of trance (which my friend is currently breaking up into multiple tracks so it isnt 2 straight hours), mien tag, etc. alot of songs that LOOK good on llamasoft visualizer (xbox 360).
a few of the o-zone (numa numa)
tatu (i know its girly, but with a few slower songs amongst the heavy techno stuff its kind of a relief to some)
chamillionaire- ridin dirty
loads of ludacris songs
still fly
a few nelly songs, air force one's and others with heavy beats
-let the bodies hit the floor... ?rammenstein... i think.
wish, 9 inch nails (it was live on linkin park, i dont actually know any of their songs, the intro is what caught my attention)

so... any suggestions? i did this last lan party and got a FEW good ones but really not alot of help from anyone but my friend who got like a ton of songs from who knows where... this time ive widened the acceptance... so go for it.

marvin-martian
07-07-2006, 07:51 PM
the faint, anything on their latest 3 cds

WhatThaSmurf
07-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Let the bodies hit the floor, AKA Bodies, is by Drowning Pool.
If you want some good trance with kind of a rock sound to it (if techno type music can sound like rock), try The Crystal Method.

claustrophobia9
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
the 2 hours of trance... (i recieved on cd from my friend who probibly did something illeagal to get it) is called... "TECHNO club vol 20" i dunno where the other 19 are... but i was talking to marv while watching the windows media visualizations and i like got sucked in and hypnotized to a state where i forgot like 20 seconds... and marv blocked me cuz i said my name was walter....

marvin-martian
07-07-2006, 07:59 PM
get some rage against the machine in there too

colonel_moo
07-08-2006, 07:39 AM
get some rage against the machine in there too

:yeahthat: rage is always good for lan parties.

try to get your hands on some ziggy x, IMO best techno artist ever.

WhatThaSmurf
07-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Where's Katt? He could give you hours of music.

DFSniper
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
hmm, theres a band called Not My Dog, they did a cover of The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin, it sounds alot like Rage Against The Machine. A good techno song from the Halo 2 soundtrack is Never Surrender.