PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns

vikingshadow
07-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, just got back from the movie, and although you guys have probably seen it, I have to say I was pretty impressed. It was a bit too long for me - I almost fell asleep TWICE (long trip just to see it - 1.5 hours to see a movie is a bit much, but what can ya do, right?) Other than that, I had no complaints about it whatsoever.

I really liked that they used the original music score and that they made the guy that played Superman look a lot like Christopher Reeves...helped ease the transition a bit, I think. Not much for the Lois Lane character, for some reason. The girl was good looking, and she did a decent job, but I just didn't buy into her part. I don't know, must just be me.

Anyway, I'm not going to give away any of the story for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but I really enjoyed the story and the opening left for a spinoff or another sequel.

I wish we could have popped over and seen The Pirates of the Carribean, but I spent nearly 50.00 just to get in and get snacks for my family, and the next one would have killed me! I saw a "making of" TPOC and it looks ok.

Tl:dr? Superman - 8 out of 10 on the Vike-o-meter....

Hossy
07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
i saw the The Pirates Of The Carribean today, not bad, but in order to get alot of it you had to have seen the first. You had to use your imagination a little too, but overall good movie

WhatThaSmurf
07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I heard that the "Truth, justice, and the American way!" line was made into just truth and justice. Is that true?

vikingshadow
07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah, one of the questions that Perry asked his reporters to ask was if he still stood for "Truth and Justice." They totally cut out the "American Way." Political Correctness BS.....

I was just thinking about it, and they could have added a bit to the beginning of the movie - dang, can't say why, but they could have, and then cut out some of the other garbage filler. Overall, the movie was ALMOST 3 hours long, I think. We saw the 4:00 show, and got out about 7:00 - probably more like 2 and a half hours long.