PDA

View Full Version : Spimmy: Spyder or Timmy?

shunut
07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
So what would you classify a Spimmy as a Spyder or Timmy. I know its a hybrid but lets say someone :whistling: was to entire one in the "Of The Month" contest. Would it go under Spyder or Timmy (Non-Spyder).

bamf-hacker
07-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Spyder..... It is a Spyder with Timmy parts, so the base is Spyder.

HacKeR

marvin-martian
07-07-2006, 12:37 PM
it would be classified as a timmy because of its current operation.

Chris Cole
07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
go with what the body is.

Paradox313
07-07-2006, 12:51 PM
personally i think they should be called spimmy's but be under the classification of other
cause you dont call an ion with shocktech parts a "shockion"
its just an ion with a couple shocktech parts

marvin-martian
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
paradox, its not a spyder with a few timmy parts. its a complete conversion. youre turning your spyder into a timmy while keeping the body.

WhatThaSmurf
07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
It no longer functions the way a Spyder does, itit functions like a Timmy.

meruhl
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
So what would you classify a Spimmy as a Spyder or Timmy. I know its a hybrid but lets say someone :whistling: was to entire one in the "Of The Month" contest. Would it go under Spyder or Timmy (Non-Spyder).Maybe there should be a "Hybrid Of The Month" contest...

Victa_Balla
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Timmy is longer in the joined name...Therefore its a timmy. [Sp][immy] More timmy than Spider, therefore it is a Timmy.

marvin-martian
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
haha, i like your teachings victa

shunut
07-07-2006, 01:56 PM
There are a total of 6 parts that you use that are Spyder parts, the rest are Timmy.

1. Barrel
2. Feedneck
3. Body
4. Valve Body Screw
5. Valve Spring

vikingshadow
07-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Taken from the rules...

#4 - There will be a "Non Spyder of the Month" poll for guns like Timmy's, Shockers, Angels, Cockers, etc. that aren't considered Spyder's or Spyder Clones (basically blowbacks and those guns considered "lower end" markers.) T1s, Primals and Spimmys will fall in this category since there is nothing "spyder-like" except their bodies anymore. In my opinion, I think since the operation of the marker has changed, and the only thing Kingman-like left on them are the bodies, then they should go in the Non Spyder of the Month contest.

WhatThaSmurf
07-07-2006, 07:56 PM
The vike-man speaketh, and it be law!

shunut
07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
And there you have it.

I remember reading the first part, the part about it being up in the air, but couldn't remember what the final decision was.

claustrophobia9
07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
timmy because non-operational parts are spyder parts modified to work with timmy parts. timmy is its operation, if a timmy ram is what makes it fire then a timmy it is.

but really its both imo... therefore enter it in both.

you could ask the same question of when is a fetus considered a human being and protected by laws such as murder... but lets NOT get into that, cuz i go to a catholic school and i deal with those debates enough.

vikingshadow
07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
The real problem is the T1 and Raven (guess it's expanded to include the few spyders with the One kit now.) The operation is not blowback, and technically they aren't Spyders or clones.....

thechubbss12
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
LOL I used to own both of those contreversial markers... at the same time... but now one is sold =(....

Spimmy is a Timmy... bottom line... it is no longa a spyder operation makeing it a timmy

Victa_Balla
07-10-2006, 06:02 AM
haha, i like your teachings victa

Thanks marv. I try

canthelpitimaguy
11-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I Think that it should be a spyder, becouse if you were to do a true ep convertion to a EM1 or a Primal (which are like half ep), then it is still a primal and EM1, it only has one little difference. Therefor, still a spyder (or Raven in the case of the Primal). The spimmy is still a spyder at heart, but it just works different.

So i go for Spyder, but if there was a Hybrid Thread that is what it would go under.

shunut
11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Wow, this thread is 4 months old. Please do not bring back threads this old. Thanks.

vikingshadow
11-09-2006, 04:52 AM
I Think that it should be a spyder, becouse if you were to do a true ep convertion to a EM1 or a Primal (which are like half ep), then it is still a primal and EM1, it only has one little difference. Therefor, still a spyder (or Raven in the case of the Primal). The spimmy is still a spyder at heart, but it just works different.

So i go for Spyder, but if there was a Hybrid Thread that is what it would go under.

Well, since it's been brought back to life, here ya go. Primals and EM1's are not considered for the "Spyder/Clone of the month" for the sake of the contest simply for the fact that 1. the Raven isn't a spyder - it's another Kingman marker, and, 2. they both have a different operation than a standard blowback marker; therefore most noobs would see this as an advantage over a "spyder" and make the contest unfair. Spyder/clone is defined for the contest as "a marker that uses a blowback operation and may have modified parts, but still retains it's original operation."

Since the ONLY thing a spimmy has in common with a spyder anymore is the body and possibly the barrel, it is no longer a Spyder and goes under the "Non Spyder of the Month contest." However, we can argue all the way back to the beginnings of the Timmy, in that it began as a spyder, so should we make Timmies fall under the Spyder contest? I didn't think so.

Now, this is my last contest, so the new administrator of the contest can make that decision, but the current decision came from almost two years of voting, discussions and arguments.

/thread, rest in peace.

Oscum Guy
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
spyder cuz it a customised spyder. and it would kick ass in th contest.

TheRedBarron
12-08-2006, 05:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/xxximyourfatexxx/Untitled-1.png

Fellas fellas.. That right there is the date that the post was made.... look before you post. /thread