PDA

View Full Version : please help

P41NTB477R_89
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
what is a good cheap pump paintball gun that i could get that would be a good sniper paintball gun.

Hossy
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
there is no such thing as a sniper in paintball

cheap? my friend has a tigershark for sale how about that??

please PM me if u want it

newkid
07-07-2006, 04:42 AM
isn't that made by brass eagle and all plastic?

colonel_moo
07-07-2006, 07:47 AM
no, the tigershark was actually a decent BE marker.

your best bet would be:
PMI traccer
ACI maverick (same as traccer)
tippmann SL-68 or SL-68II
BE tigershark
PGP

tigerdave714
07-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Don't turn up your nose at the all-plastic markers. I've used an NSG Splatmaster and a few of the plastic BE guns before. They get the job done, and in the right hands they can be quite competitive.

As for having a "sniper" paintball marker... with the right upgrades, any marker can be accurate and quiet. It just comes easier for pumps, for a number of reasons. And if your #1 shopping criteria is "cheap" you're probably not going to be happy with the one you get. You will always get what you pay for. In other words, cheap markers are cheap for a reason.

Having said all that, let me make some suggestions. Any of the nelson-based pump markers make great starters. Kingman Hammers, Tippman SL-68s, Trracers, Mavericks, etc... (and even the BE plastics). You could also get a PGP (new or used) for a little less than $100. If you can spare a little over $100 you can go for a WGP sniper or just buy a busted old cocker and swap the pneumatics for a pump kit.