PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sheridan

Sandman_Bravo
07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a friend who has an old Sheridan that's in mint shape. One problem though, after he cleaned, oiled, & re-assembled it; it won't re-cock. Fires; then nothing, re-cock by hand & repeat. Anyone know where to get info on one and/or an original manual? (pdf file ok)

edit:
found the marker-
http://www.fuzionpaintball.com/proddetail.asp?prod=04%5F1%5FSHRD%5FPM%5FXTS%5FNE

scat
07-06-2006, 07:58 PM
check the pump oring and replace it it might be swelled or catching on something another thing you need to check is to make sure nothing is in the pump track you could have gotten a piece of dirt or a mteal shaving in it and it might be jamming it up well that is all I can tell you without looking at it myself any other questions feel free to pm me lata

thechubbss12
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Did he use too much lube?... deff a posibilty casue getting over zealous with lube can be easy...

Sandman_Bravo
07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
check the pump oring and replace it it might be swelled or catching on something

It's not a pump, the internal design reminds me of tippman with the hammer in the back and the bolt up front. Even the ball detent is identical to a tippy. We can't figure out how to remove the valve assembly in the middle. The barrel/breech is a one piece unit so the parts must slide in and out. I almost think it requires a special tool like a really wide flat-blade screwdriver with a notch cut out in the center to straddle the valve pin.