PDA

View Full Version : E-Trigger Board

Msniper
07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Can you replace the MR2 stock board with an after market one.
If so what boards and how to install it.

Msniper

breakxeggs
07-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Me and my friend were just talking about it earlier today because I want to get a board that I can change the Dwell on the gun to reduce the kick and make it shoot faster

druid
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
TBoard should probably drop right in...not sure though...no one's posted that they did it themselves...and not sure about the eyes either

new_Faction64
07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Spoolinup has done it. Says so here: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=49516&postcount=1

Even has eyes.

Spoolinup
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, a Tboard will work, but you have to rewire it in kind of a ghetto way...like 99% of E-Spyders, the on/off switch is at the top of the trigger frame, just above the trigger itself. Well, that is how the T board and XSF advantage board is setup. Well, as we all know, the MR series electronic frames turn off and on at the back of the grip...

the battery plug into the board and the solenoid plug into the board is exactly the same, but the 2 wire plug that runs from the 50g switch to the stock board is different in that that same plug in at that location on the t board and the xsf advantage board(the one I'm using) i believe is a 5 wire plug in, like what's on the imagines and 99% of all e-boarded spyder trigger frames. This is because this plug in for the t board controls both the 50 g switch, AND the on/off switch.
Obviously this differs from the MR2 board in that the on/off switch is attached directly to the board. In any event, I just wired it up like the guts of the trigger frame were going into my old imagine, plopped it into my MR2 frame, and have the 3 wires for the on/off switch running along(underneath) the bottom side of the lower part of trigger guard, and electrical tape around it to secure it. It's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done, and I might see about going to a MR3 board, and having it modified to be uncapped in eye mode, to allow for the speed of the hopper to be the limiting factor of my ROF.