PDA

View Full Version : bolts?

Guitar_kid99
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
will a normal after market bolt fit on the mr2 or do i need to buy a special one because of the top cocking knob
and will it have a space for the detent or will i have to dr4emel a space for the detent
what are the advantages to having an aftermarket bolt

WhatThaSmurf
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if the MR bolts are of the same design as other Spyders, but if they are then you need a top cocking bolt. It will have the little space for the detent. The advantages to aftermarket bolts are really for people looking to get more efficiency. They are lighter and have better air flow. Be warned, a new bolt will raise your FPS, so chrono it as soon as you can.

Teh post 666!!!! OH MAH GORZORZ!!1! sorry, had to do it

new_Faction64
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
There are currently no aftermarket bolts for the MR2. I haven't seen any yet, and the bolt is a whole new design.

Spoolinup
07-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Well, if you're just wanting to get away from the ACS portion of the MR2 bolt, you could always try to get an MR3 bolt, as it's a solid delrin bolt.

viperx6x9x
07-06-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah ive seen a lot of top cocking "spyder" aftermarket bolts but none had the MR series specifically listed as compatible. but in case you wanna keep your eye out heres the spyder aftermarket bolt manufacturers ive found so far. note these are all for top cocking pilot compatible ones but generally they also had rear and side cocking models for spiders as well, so eventually it stands to reason theyl include mr series.

new designz, shocktech, orange, bandit, core, 32 degrees, evil, check it, force III, trinity

im sure theres others but theres some to look into. they all make "spyder" bolts and eventually some of em gotta start makin an MR series bolt.

new_Faction64
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
CONFIRMED:

MR1 bolt on Alamo City PB's website will work on the MR2.