PDA

View Full Version : 56k?

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
hey i know alot of people have pic threads and max just had an NPT that had a dialup warning... but really, is anyone here still using that?

im just trying to get a feel for it cuz i havent heard of anyone having dialup on anything but a cell phone in years... if you are embarressed or something, i have it on private so no1 can see your name :p

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 06:10 PM
chris was up until a couple months ago...

Hossy
07-05-2006, 06:10 PM
i have comcast....there really fast

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
oh i forgot... i have road runner, at LOW it is 768k and thats like my brother downloading stuff thats on tv every night.... :dodgy: adult swim... while on aim, while surfing the net, while my mom is on VPN and my dad is doing everything.

ive never gotten to see what it really hits on full output but i think its something near 3mbps

timmyshoota
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
chris was up until a couple months ago...
Yeah, its nice having cable now. I was such a loser.

Claus, you are rich, you don't count. Your modem is probably dipped in gold. :p

thechubbss12
07-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Some would call me rich... But i have my money in investments... so the money is not in my hands...

Slow DSL FTW.... Runs my oldschool games fine.

Heh i dont have cabel TV... even if i did i wouldnt be watching it... casue im at 4 places... Paintball field, Football field / weightroom, GFs house, or on these forums selling stuff...

taurinic
07-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I remember when I had dial-up, it was when I got my first computer. Then we got High Speed and a Microsoft router. Then the router was too slow and got Linksys router which is much better. Routers are a pain in the ass, connection sometimes disconnect and whatnot.

viperx6x9x
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
yeah only internet available in the barracks is through cable so yeah i dont know the actual speed but its quick enough. though when i go home on leave next month im not even gonna bother trying to get on here cuz we got 56 k back home

TheRedBarron
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM
WTF is dialup?

Sandman_Bravo
07-06-2006, 02:39 AM
WTF is dialup?

You're JK right? You know; modem, telephone line, slower than mollasses in January. My first setup was dial-up w/ aol. What a joke! I'm still not using a co-ax connect, I have dsl and that's fast enough for what I do. (no on-line gaming)
I have an in-law that lives in the mountains that has a dial-up and he has an old computer running on windows 98. (new windows operating system out in Dec.- Vista) His connection speed is so slow it must be like <25k. It's like 2 tin cans & a string, lol.

bamf-hacker
07-06-2006, 03:04 AM
His connection speed is so slow it must be like <25k. It's like 2 tin cans & a string, lol.

Ha my 70 year old Mother uses Dial Up and it is even slower than that. Tops it is 12k-15k. So I guess her Internet is a like using the pony express :)

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Claus, you are rich, you don't count. Your modem is probably dipped in gold. :p
nope but the cable wires are... thats how you get a better current, using gold tips for conductivity.

DFSniper
07-06-2006, 04:42 AM
i had it, then we moved here and AOL Germany wanted 50 Euro a month for unlimited dial-up...now we pay like 10 for DSL...and its sad because its fast for me (most of the time) but my ping is still like 200 higher than everyone else!

splaturout
07-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Actually gold tips are not the best conductivity....Copper is but it oxydizes so quickly when exposed to air....that is why everything is copper wiring with gold tips/soddered together.

I remeber my firt dial up, external modem..2600 Baud. That was when the net was all text drivien. Sad. Now I have cable but only for internet...Direct Tv offers me more HD programming and HD Tivo...I am such an advocate for Tivo...if you don't know or have it look into it. I have seen Every PB show on tv and I never have to watch stupid commercials. I also get to rewind to watch the guy get gogged in slow motion...it is really funny. I never had 56k though. I went from 26.6 to cable due to my travels.

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Actually gold tips are not the best conductivity....Copper is but it oxydizes so quickly when exposed to air....that is why everything is copper wiring with gold tips/soddered together.
ok read the begining of your statement.

now read the rest

now make up your mind

splaturout
07-06-2006, 05:05 AM
I did.....Copper is the best still...now you read it again and think about what I said. Think Statue of Liberty....Used to be copper color. Now think how that would affect your sound/internet/anything connecting to your components. Copper is the best but there is no way to stop the oxyidation....that is why it has tips on it. Not because gold is better....it is worse...but gold does not corrode like copper does...Think about it...read the post again.:foreheadslap:

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 05:14 AM
I did.....Copper is the best still...now you read it again and think about what I said. Think Statue of Liberty....Used to be copper color. Now think how that would affect your sound/internet/anything connecting to your components. Copper is the best but there is no way to stop the oxyidation....that is why it has tips on it. Not because gold is better....it is worse...but gold does not corrode like copper does...Think about it...read the post again.:foreheadslap:
yes.... meaning that gold is better in the long run. i said gold is better you said no then gave me a list of reasons why it is better. copper oxydizing is a downfall, even if it does go faster, its not the stuff that the pros use!

http://www.internetofthefuture.org/

splaturout
07-06-2006, 05:25 AM
Wrong again....Ask any professional what the internals of the wires that they use are composed of. Look at any high end sound system, look at any bank where they transfer millions of dollars a day what the wires are composed of. If fact if you look at ever connection in a network there is no gold anywhere. It is all copper. Look at the end of you RJ45 connection and tell me where you see gold. Gold is still worse for transfering anything electrical (not for getting nookie) Copper is always better. keep trying.

splaturout
07-06-2006, 05:34 AM
http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=195

Just some mid-high end speaker cable...please read what is on the inside...if gold was sooooo good don't you think that it would be made of pure gold...why don't you look for some pure gold wires and I will believe you.

bamf-hacker
07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
why don't you look for some pure gold wires and I will believe you.

OK not supporting either of you, but that was a not an intelligent statement.

Cable manufacturer's don't make solid gold cable because no one would buy a 50' cable made of gold. At approx. $625 per ounce of gold a 50' spool of speaker wire (2 strand) would cost $INSERT RIDICULOUSLY LARGE NUMBER HERE.

But Gold is a very good conductor. Cooper is much, much cheaper which is why it is used.

Back on topic..... 56k?

HacKeR

meruhl
07-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Back on topic..... 56k?
I have 56k. But I'm old.

I also have a hard-wired phone in my house, in case the electric goes out. And TVs with "picture tubes". And I drive a Camry...

And I have mechanical markers.

Jimmyd24
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
wut the hell is dialup

ooglieboogliebob
07-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Buisness DSL FTW !!! :)

internets getting too cheap for people to have 56k .... (except a few that have stuck with their provider for a long time ...)

claustrophobia9
07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
oogs knows it! business is where its at (although i have SMALL business cable... which is uber...)

and whoever was arguing with me, your posts are all arguing with statements that i DID NOT say, so again i will say, "read, think respond" note, how my post says "gold tips fo conductivity" if you continue to say that gold is better for exterior because it doesnt corrode (even if it is wrong -according to bamf not me so dont even argue!) then my statement would still be true, because corrosion causes poor conductivity making gold a better conducter no matter what over time.

thank you, come again...

2 is all we have? (responding to the post)

hmmm, i wonder if this means we'll see less "56k warning"s

ps... note how i bolded important text... since it has been a common occurance here just to twist my words until i no longer even need to say anything for words to something i "said" or "typed" or more of something YOU say i "said" or "typed" i'm only a jerk if you take a completely harmless comment and turn me into a jerk by interpreting it in some completely irrelivant way. then i purposely act like a jerk, as a point of perspective.

http://www.monstercable.com/home_av/audio_cables/stereo_speakers_sigma.asp

and what do you know?! bamf is right... expensive... but "its solid gold baby..."

TacTownKilla
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah no one uses dail up anymore :dodgycauseiusedialup:

My dial up is so slow that i get lagged out of kusa chats.

splaturout
07-11-2006, 03:31 AM
oogs knows it! business is where its at (although i have SMALL business cable... which is uber...)

and whoever was arguing with me, your posts are all arguing with statements that i DID NOT say, so again i will say, "read, think respond" note, how my post says "gold tips fo conductivity" if you continue to say that gold is better for exterior because it doesnt corrode (even if it is wrong -according to bamf not me so dont even argue!) then my statement would still be true, because corrosion causes poor conductivity making gold a better conducter no matter what over time.

thank you, come again...

2 is all we have? (responding to the post)

hmmm, i wonder if this means we'll see less "56k warning"s

ps... note how i bolded important text... since it has been a common occurance here just to twist my words until i no longer even need to say anything for words to something i "said" or "typed" or more of something YOU say i "said" or "typed" i'm only a jerk if you take a completely harmless comment and turn me into a jerk by interpreting it in some completely irrelivant way. then i purposely act like a jerk, as a point of perspective.

http://www.monstercable.com/home_av/audio_cables/stereo_speakers_sigma.asp

and what do you know?! bamf is right... expensive... but "its solid gold baby..."

Yea you are still wrong....ask any chemist (of which my father-in-law is a top one for a small tiny little company called 3M) they will still back me. Copper is better. Just because it can corrode does not mean it is not the best conductor it just means that it has it limitations....similar to gold cost!! About knowing about cables...maybe it was because I was a sales man for Monster Cable for 2 years. I was trained by them on the cables that they have. Did you also know that by wrapping the copper a certian direction you get better sound. Unless you know who I am I don't think you should judge me on what I said. If you think my answers are wrong why don't you look them up and get me the "legit" site which has answers that support you. If you can. Once again...think before you respond. Also there is no gold in your RJ45 (the little thingy that you put into your compuer that looks like a phone jask but is bigger) because it is usless. If gold was better don't you think that they would have put gold there? Anyways...your speed of your system is only as quick as your slowest point (i.e. If the provider is using copper connectors in the ground and into your home don't you think that there would be some problems there? hmmmmmmm.) If someone is making a valid point you don't need to Bold and use larger font to get it across. If it is a valid point people will understand. :rolleyes:

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 05:20 AM
nope but the cable wires are... thats how you get a better current, using gold tips for conductivity. in case you are dumb, this is what i said. notice how copper isnt listed at all. the fact is that gold, because of it is less corrosive than copper, and because of its soft (for a metal) it conforms to the surface while providing as much (because of lack of corrosion) conductivity. therefore the conductivity of gold tips > copper tips in an ordinary earth atmosphere.

this thread never had anything to do with gold wires until you came here and started running your mouth, so why dont you just leave so it can go back to the way it was. and notice how what i linked to were 5 foot wire connection tips, not actuall wires.

splaturout
07-11-2006, 11:11 AM
in case you are dumb, this is what i said. notice how copper isnt listed at all. the fact is that gold, because of it is less corrosive than copper, and because of its soft (for a metal) it conforms to the surface while providing as much (because of lack of corrosion) conductivity. therefore the conductivity of gold tips > copper tips in an ordinary earth atmosphere.

this thread never had anything to do with gold wires until you came here and started running your mouth, so why dont you just leave so it can go back to the way it was. and notice how what i linked to were 5 foot wire connection tips, not actuall wires.

You must of not read the entire post did you? I was not the one who brought up the gold wire thing either. I know you were not either. But you are still incorrect. Why don't you go research what the resistance (the ability to transfer electricity if you don't know) of gold is compared to copper. Even though you are correct about gold being softer and creating more surface area to transfer info it still has less of a resistance compared. So you are still incorrect. So when you are comparing apples to apples use the scientific method. As I said before and will continue to say o smart one....Copper is better for transfer. If you really want the best though why don't you just get Fiber Optic hooked into your computer. Or are you going to tell me that gold is need to get the light from one end to the other.

(I have my degree in Computer/IT Support) I think I would know a little bit about this stuff but I guess you must have your doctrine in this. :p

splaturout
07-11-2006, 11:15 AM
nope but the cable wires are... thats how you get a better current, using gold tips for conductivity.

You Remeber writting this...I think that sums that up. Better current with gold...I do believe that is the statement that I said you are wrong with...but for reason you keep saying that gold has better conductivity...please go look it up...then shut it.:D

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
The problem with your argument doesn't lie in whether you are right or wrong, but instead that you are arguing about a topic that had never been brought up. Basically your post is the equivalent of me saying "The earth is shaped like a spere" and you saying "The sun doesn't revolve around the Earth, its the other way around!". You have created a paradox where statement 1's truth is not affected by whether statement 2 is true or not, because statement 2 is irrelevant. I originally stated:

notice how vaugeness can be detected in the beginning of the sentence... although i said the wires when i meant the tips (which was later clarified in the sentence) english teachers would call this "synecdoche", or replacement of the part with the whole (and vise versa). my statement, that gold tips help conductivity is true in multiple senses because the sentence does not give a relation to what it is better than. One may assume that it is better than average wires, which have brass tips, but it could be interpreted as being more conductive than rock, which is true. Therefore, statement 1 is true.

Actually gold tips are not the best conductivity....Copper is but it oxydizes so quickly when exposed to air....that is why everything is copper wiring with gold tips/soddered together. Statement 2:
I interpret this statement as saying that gold as a metal is less conductive than copper as a metal, but copper has an attribute in which it oxidizes easily when exposed to air. Then you stated that this was the reason that they have gold tips on copper wires. If you will remember the analysis of statement 1, you will note that I said I had gold tips. Statement 2 only affects Statement 1 if I live in an oxygen free environment. If you would like to simulate an oxygen free environment then follow these instructions:

1. Take an empty trash bag.
2. Place it over your head.
3. Tape all openings closed.
4. Breath in and out continuously.

In a matter of minutes the atmosphere of Earth which contains a fair quantity of oxygen will be turned into an oxygen free environment which will better suit copper!*1*

yes.... meaning that gold is better in the long run. i said gold is better you said no then gave me a list of reasons why it is better. copper oxydizing is a downfall, even if it does go faster, its not the stuff that the pros use! Statement 3: An argument with the relevancy/consistancy of statement 2. If Statement 2 is true, it can be deducted that statement 3 is the obvious answer. Statement 2 concluded that although copper itself has a higher conductivity than gold, but copper is more prone to corrosion, a state which reduces the conductivity of an item. One could assume since the average person has never been in an enviroment free of oxidation, that you were talking about one with oxydation. Through this linear analysis anyone can see that you are contridicting youself through your first accusation that copper is better for tips, but then explaining key reasons that make it worse than gold when used exposed (as wire tips are) in an oxygen rich environment.

It is quite clear to me that you did indeed READ something and you also THOUGHT about something and it is clear that you RESPONDED with incosistancy although it did contain accuracy. I might make myself clearer in the future:

1. Read what I actually wrote, not what you think I meant, this isn't art class.
2. Think about something relevant and consistant.
3. Respond in a way that makes sense, and doesn't make you look like a fool when someone becomes angered that you are making him look like an *** even though what he said was entirely true and you indeed are the ***.

FYI: Gold is a better connector for wires because of it is harder to corrode than copper, it is malleable, meaning it conforms to the connectors on your stereo/modem/etc. giving it a slightly higher surface area of connection.

and I did look it up.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_conductivity , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conductor_%28material%29 , and silver is better than copper, but is more corrosive as well. And yes, I have read it all and understand that gold isn't a better conductor but is used for the porpuse of getting a higher conductivity...

*1*: Do not actually attempt, niether I or this forum are responsible for your idiocy.

durrell
07-11-2006, 12:17 PM
One thing you have to learn is claus has a Master's Degree in BS (bull *), he knows everything. :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 12:30 PM
One thing you have to learn is claus has a Master's Degree in BS (bull *), he knows everything. :dodgy:
vaugeness is a gift to me. if you are vauge, i will exploit it, and can make it mean anything i want using God's gift to us... the dictionary. but the fact still stands that i hate having my words twisted by people who "know stuff" or have uncles that "know stuff" and then argue... like a 5 year old... when i argue... the only rule is: headshots only.

quoteable material: some call me a master debater

splaturout
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
And you links once again show you still do get it. Look up the resistance of GOLD!! Then the resistance of COPPER. I stated and will state again no matter how many times you think you are right....Copper is a better conductor of electricity. Also your links (yes I did them did you?) state that gold will not work for the wires unless mixed with COPPER!!! you don't get it do you. I will state it again.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY ENGLISH MAJOR!!

Copper is a better conductor of electricity than GOLD!!

Please don't try to read father into that statement than that. You can even use your own links to read that. I did not say that it was not a good idea to put gold on the end. I did not say I would not use them. My entire theater is wired with Z-series Monster. Go look it up. Gold on everything. What I did say is a fact of science and that is all. You keep bringing up pointless info that I never said. When did I say that Gold is not being used? When did I say that Gold should not be used? I think you can not answer that question can you? I agree with your little links but the above statement is still held true even by your links..once again. Read, Think, Respond.

This is a forum..I do believe that means that I can talk about anything that I want. That is kind of how conversations work. If we all had to listen to you no one can talk about anything else besides the topic that is posted. Do you think that would make for good conversation? One bit of information leads to another bit of conversation and so on.

Go prove that wrong Mr. Sun spinning around the earth!

Are you done talking yet?

HEAD SHOT!!!

hehehe

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Copper being a better conductor than gold doesnt make my statement less true. Do gold tips help the quality of the signal? The simple answer is yes, the longer answer is explained in my third link. Therefore my statement was completely true, and you still look like an idiot.

image hyperlink closed by host :(

TacTownKilla
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
In before lock for flaming

splaturout
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Yea...your still wrong, but don't get mad, just admit it and learn from your lesson here. Cute picture...you always keep pictures of topless men on your computer? See you in another thread.

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Yea...your still wrong, but don't get mad, just admit it and learn from your lesson here. Cute picture...you always keep pictures of topless men on your computer? See you in another thread.
admit i'm wrong... lol... anyone with a brain can see im not. you are clearly wrong and you know it, which would explain your stab at me via a homophobic remark, which frankly doesn't do much, and then some sort of a threat/surrender of sorts. if you believe you are going to continue this conflict somehow via someone elses thread then you are sadly mistaken. the fact is that there is no actual conflict here, the real conflict seems to be between your brain and this information.

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow, you guys are acctually argueing about conductivity... They sell gold plated audio cables for a reason, the gold transmits better than copper in the particular situation.\

In any case mI have decently fast dsl, I've never capped the bandwidth, but I have used 300+ kbps down (kilobites, not bits) when dling using bittorent, and thats without a direct connection, I need to open some udp ports to get a proper connection.

ooglieboogliebob
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conductor_(material)

BOTH of you are right/wrong in ways ...

Conductor materials
Of the metals commonly used for conductors, copper has the highest conductivity. Silver is more conductive, but due to cost it is not practical in most cases. However, it is used in specialized equipment, such as satellites, and as a thin plating to mitigate skin effect losses at high frequencies. Because of its ease of connection by soldering or clamping, copper is still the most common choice for most light-gauge wires.

Compared to copper, aluminium has worse conductivity per unit volume, but better conductivity per unit weight. In many cases, weight is more important than volume making aluminium the 'best' conductor material for certain applications. For example, it is commonly used for large-scale power distribution conductors such as overhead power lines. In many such cases, aluminium is used over a steel core that provides much greater tensile strength than would the aluminium alone [1][2].

Gold is occasionally used for very fine wires such as those used to wire bond integrated circuits to their lead frames. The contacts in electrical connectors are also commonly gold plated or gold flashed (over nickel). Contrary to popular belief, this is not done because gold is a better conductor; it is not. Instead, it is done because gold is very resistant to the surface corrosion that is commonly suffered by copper, silver, or tin/lead alloys. This corrosion would have a very detrimental effect on connection quality over time; gold plating avoids that.

SILVER is the highest conducting metal ... so whoever stated that copper was ... well your wrong

Copper IS NOT the best conductor but is compared to gold it is superior ... but not in the long run due to surface corrosion. Thats why GOLD TIPS are on wires ... (prevention) ...

splaturout got off subject talking about copper wires when claus was talking about gold tips ...
It's only gold tipped cuz the other parts in insulation won't get damaged from surface corrosion ... And .. it's not gonna be economical if you needa throw out your wires due to corrosion ...

now shaddup and quit fighting ...

BTW ... copper oxidizes green ... Iron oxidizes reddish :) (hence our blood) ... (thought it was a worthwhile fact ...)

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 06:50 PM
oogs... only one of us is wrong(splat)... everything you said in your statement form fits with what i said... no arguements. i even linked to that page earlier.

phatphil
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
You're JK right? You know; modem, telephone line, slower than mollasses in January. My first setup was dial-up w/ aol. What a joke! I'm still not using a co-ax connect, I have dsl and that's fast enough for what I do. (no on-line gaming)
I have an in-law that lives in the mountains that has a dial-up and he has an old computer running on windows 98. (new windows operating system out in Dec.- Vista) His connection speed is so slow it must be like <25k. It's like 2 tin cans & a string, lol.
Please turn sarcasm radar on.

On a sidenote: Claus, you need a girlfriend! :p

killerpinecone
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
:yeahthat:

claustrophobia9
07-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Please turn sarcasm radar on.

On a sidenote: Claus, you need a girlfriend! :p cant find one that will tolerate my arguing... :D

ooglieboogliebob
07-12-2006, 12:14 PM
oogs... only one of us is wrong(splat)... everything you said in your statement form fits with what i said... no arguements. i even linked to that page earlier.

shh .... we won't tell him that ... :D

splaturout
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
It is ok...but I still stand by your post...copper is a better conductor of electricity than gold...even claus agrees. That is all I said..but do not tell claus that we can all go back and read his post. The reason I brought it up was because they mentioned that the wires are dipped in gold....once again eveyone go look at the tip of your internet cables...including those with modems...OMG NO GOLD but I am sure you have an answer for that.

you never answered my question to you though...you always keep pictures of topless men on your cpu?

:lolsign:

marvin-martian
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
splat...i guess it flew right over your head. he called you a jackass because you were making yourself look like one.

claustrophobia9
07-12-2006, 06:52 PM
you never answered my question to you though...you always keep pictures of topless men on your cpu?

nothing is on my cpu... because of the fact that a cpu merely processess information and does not store it... some electrical guru you are...

central processing unit
n. Abbr. CPU

The part of a computer that interprets and executes instructions.

splaturout
07-13-2006, 03:53 AM
ok...smart one....I will try to talk in language you understand...I guess adv. are not something you really get. In my dealings as the IT Manager for the Concordia Universities we call them all CPUs short for ComPUters. Since that was above your understanding I will try to come down to your level sometimes to better help you understand

I say Good Day Sir.

bungeye
07-13-2006, 04:13 AM
lol wat is worng with CRT tvs??? there not that bad, my mate is fine with his, lol and another mate has a tv that takes just under 2 minutes to get working.

bamf-hacker
07-13-2006, 04:56 AM
I say Good Day Sir.

Willy Wonka.... Damn wrong thread again.

claustrophobia9
07-13-2006, 06:24 AM
why would anyone call a computer a CPU when that acronym is already being used in a key component in a PC or MAC (which is what normal people call computers) it isnt like some random person just uses that acronym, but more its a standardized meaning. i would be seriously worried if your IT manager didnt think of this... on a side note, the IT manager at my school.... she could be in the FBT :D

crt's bother alot of people's eyes... but for me the high pitched noise that most people cant hear bothers me. when you turn on a crt it flashes the image then comes on (in most cases) this flash is what happens nearly 60 times a second (varies) and the noise that comes with it becomes an annoyance to me. similiar to the mosquito ring tone..

splaturout
07-14-2006, 03:18 AM
I agree.....The stupid CRT's do make a loud high pitch hum. That is why I own nothing with a standard CRT. I also hear the noise from some lights on a dimmer switch when the switch is set to low. I thought I was the only one who hear this most of the time. Glad to see I am not going toooo crazy.

claustrophobia9
07-14-2006, 04:03 AM
i had to sit by a laptop cart in 8th grade and it made that high pitched noise and the teacher wouldnt let me move cuz no1 else heard it and she thought i was making it up.

ooglieboogliebob
07-14-2006, 04:20 AM
i had to sit by a laptop cart in 8th grade and it made that high pitched noise and the teacher wouldnt let me move cuz no1 else heard it and she thought i was making it up.

it's cuz old people don't hear high pitched sounds :) ... i hear it on my TV all the time even though it's filtered ... drives me crazy !!! needa block it out somehow

LOL ... movie refrence thread eh ?? :D

Sandman_Bravo
07-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I say good day sir.

Flol, no I think it's Fez from That 70's show. LOL.

claustrophobia9
07-20-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Wont_Die.jpg

Cham-Pagne
07-20-2006, 07:23 PM
I got comcast, really fast. Than my rents will probley get the new verizon fiber optics when that comes out.

marvin-martian
07-20-2006, 07:42 PM
its been a week claus, calm down

claustrophobia9
07-21-2006, 05:29 AM
its been a week claus, calm down
2weeks since the arguement, and i wanted it to die THEN :rolleyes:

TStites
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Fiber all they way baby.

splaturout
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
They are finally installing fiber in Nirobi Kenya. Currently it is entirely Sat. Only....THAT SUCKS!!!!

claustrophobia9
07-26-2006, 04:56 PM
no really, can we let threads that havent had meaningful conversations in a week or more die?