View Full Version : Regulator Question

ross * pilot
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,

I am searching for a reg. and im wondering if any reg can fit the pilot acs. Can i just buy one and it will fit my VA, or do i have to buy anything special first?

And, how do i adjust the psi, can you do it to an inline reg ( or the one that you hold)


07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
no u must buy a new front block for you to be able to have a reg. To adjust u need a reg

07-07-2006, 11:35 AM
the foregrip that comes stock on the pilot acs is just an expansion chamber. In order to be able to put a reg on you pilot, you first need a new VA, i.e. Checkit 15* assault block, Trinity reverse, or a Bob Long Front Block ( i say go with either of the first two). Then with that, you can get a regular inline regulator. You might also need to get either a new SS hose or go with macroline with the correct fittings. Either way you will need a metric-inch adapter for your asa and the correct fitting for your reg.

If you need more help, just pick your parts and we can help you figure out exactly what else you need.

07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I have the 15* CIP assault block and I love it. Also I put a Palmer Regulator on it. Together they work beautifully!

07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
well ... your gonna need a new VA either way ... cuz it's a weird x-chamber VA ... but as soon as you have that .. go for the torp reg .. or the palmers ... both great with co2 ...

Adjusting it should be an allen screw ... Torp has it on the bottom

07-08-2006, 01:25 AM
do they make a vert adapter that still goes straight down?, from what i remember the assault block one angles the reg forwards, and the trinity one angles it back towards the trigger grip. And does the orientation of the reg , i.e. angled or straight down, even make a difference. i'm tryin to figure out which one to get myself cuz i want to put a reg on mine.

07-08-2006, 02:45 AM
you can make a standard VA high enough flowing if you use a highspeed cutting bit .. (dremel) ... and then drill out the expansion chamber as much as it'll go ... but the assault block is just easier to most people :p

07-08-2006, 06:00 AM
yeah but problem with using stock VA is its a male connector for the reg, and most regs are male end so they won't plug in. both Trinity and assault block are female ended VA's so theyl work with most regs. What im wondering is if the angle of the regulator is gonna affect performance at all, cuz one angles forward one angles back. If it makes no difference im getting the check it assault block cuz i like how it looks angled forward. plus i keep hearing its a better product anyway. i just hope i don't need a longer air line.

07-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I don't know what you are talking about, the VA having a male connection. My stock VA was female, as was the black one I bought. I could just screw my reg right in.

07-08-2006, 07:51 AM
ok maybe the acs is different for some odd reason. but on mine the expansion chamber i guess you call it (front hang grip) slides over the VA and it has 2 set screws to tighten it down. making the VA a male end. most regs screw in right? which is the way the assault block is set up, for the reg to screw into it. i know theres also the reg that the compressed air tank screws into but i wanted to have that second reg going into the VA. plus im still using CO2 anyway so its easier to just do the handgrip reg.

07-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Hmm...looking at the diagram of it, I have to say, what kinda of VA is that? But now that I think about it I remember there being an uproar on here about the new VAs. So then, yes, you must replace the VA.

07-08-2006, 08:02 AM
yeah its an oddball design i guess. im new to the paintball thing but even i can tell its f'd up. cuz every aftermarket reg ive seen so far has a male end connection. yet so does my VA. Thats why ive been hesitant to buy a reg cuz i know i gotta get a va too and the price tag is killin me right now.

ross * pilot
07-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Ok, i got a 15* CIP Ass. Block, black macroline, CP Reg. What else do i need?

07-08-2006, 10:11 AM
You need a macroline fitting for your ASA. I'm not sure where you will find one.

07-08-2006, 11:24 AM
i think i saw some of those macrolines on froogle. i dont know if their universal or specific fit to certain asa's and regs. but hit up froogle.google.com and type in macroline and paintball in the search then start narrowing it from there cuz it'l give you a crapload of random parts to sift through

07-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I just found my macro fitting that goes in a stock ASA. I'll give it to you for $5 shipped. PM me.

ross * pilot
07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, So if i buy yours i just replace my stock stainless steel hose, with macroline and your fittings?? I dont need to get a new asa?

thank you for your macro fittings, i might buy them

07-08-2006, 02:37 PM
If you get a new reg and VA, you will need the fitting I have for your ASA and the reg will already have a macro fitting. And then all you need is the macroline, which is about a buck a foot.

07-08-2006, 03:08 PM
.... NOTE: ... Smurfy is only giving you one fitting ... and thats the straight ... the other that goes on your CP .. If it's not already on there ... then your gonna havta buy it ...

Well ... all the controversy on that weird VA ... Here's pics

07-08-2006, 03:13 PM
The CP regs come with a built-in macro fitting in the bottom.

ross * pilot
07-08-2006, 06:00 PM
ok, so if i get a trinity or CIP block, i replace that with my old VA. ok, then i put in my reg (im guessing i just screw it in??) then, i take off my old hose, and put in macroline, with smurfs fitting on my stock asa and my reg. then im ok??

i was looking for macroline at paintballgear.com and it says there is low pressure macroline, and high pressure... which to get???

07-08-2006, 08:50 PM
... the reg will already have a fitting .. (the CP) ... then put smurfy's fitting on the ASA ... then just slip the macroline in .. then ur good...

Hobbyhorse in the sales section has macroline for a dollar a foot ... then of course you havta pay shipping ... i'd suggest to buy ... 3 foot macro .. then an ounce of dow33 ... should come out to an even 10 bucks ...

07-09-2006, 07:42 AM
I highly recommend Hobby Horse. Done business with him, honest, fast, cheap!

ross * pilot
07-09-2006, 07:43 AM
ok, but im thinking of buying macroline off of paintballgear.com.... ive never heard of hobbyhorse. It says there is high pressure macroline and low pressure macroline. which to get???

Oh, smurfy, could i get that fitting anywhere else, like paintballgear??

ross * pilot
07-09-2006, 07:47 AM
look, i found this... Does the pilot acs have the standard two hole config??

cuz this will fit it. It includes 2 fittings, although i would just need one if i get the CP, a bottomhole adapter, 1 ft of macroline, for 20 bucks

heres the link... http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=7ZuBFThtst2BVXzc-4RBvTKkk1N94TizAok=?ProductID=6SDAqArbNuEAAAELEjSa H0P8

07-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Here is that fitting: http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-270_277/product-490/hoses-macroline-accessories-kingman-kingman-macroline-fitting.html?zenid=9e03aac345d223902211c69c5bbc797 a

07-09-2006, 01:42 PM
high pressure macro is the way to go.

That wouldn't work ... it has diagnal hole fittings ... it's a boo :(

You can just try buying a straight 1/8npt fitting, and then tapping it .... but of course it won't tap all the way just so you know ...

Smurfy's link is the way to go ... but of course you'll save money buying off of him :)

Here's Hobbyhorses link: