PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma.... ditch the ION or Play more PB

taurinic
07-05-2006, 08:26 AM
I have recently received a timmy which is now the best marker I have shot in my possession. This thing shoots so amazing, it makes my ION look like a joke. I do not plan on using the ION anymore, and I do not feel the need to have 2 guns...

I play every other weekend, depending on the weather, and spend around $40 a day I play... so my dilemma: sell the ION and get extra cash, thus play more than usual.... or keep as the backup and collect dust

Also, I plan on selling this for $330 shipped w/ a Revvy, is that a good price or no?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4333/pict00024vz.jpg

specs:
Qlock
SS Freak w/ .693
QEV
BlackHeart Board
S-rail; no ASA
Stock reg, also comes w/ stock barrel and board
Stock bolt
Better Trigger
REvvy

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 08:30 AM
u wont get 330.... id pay 250-280 max

Live2Play
07-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I say sell the ion, and keep the timmy as your only gun. No sense in having two guns if you can rarely use them. Might as well go with the better of the two and be able to play more often. Thats what I would do

ShadowX
07-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I say sell the ION and the Revvy... And like it has been siad, you won't get 330, more like 275-290..

bamf-hacker
07-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I am going against the curve here... keep the Ion. It is nice to have a loaner marker if anything and since resale is not that good, you wont lose too much money. And besides... it does not hurt to have a backup. I think it was Vike who needed his backup at a tourney once (Shocker/Angel) Vike forgive me if I am mistaken.

HacKeR

taurinic
07-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I am really worried about 1 thing, if I wait any longer, resale will drop like crazy. The timmy is fairly easy to maintain and fix if anything goes wrong.

I'm gonna go ahead and post a thread and see if any offers are good...

viperx6x9x
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM
is there any tournaments where you can shoot 2 guns at once?, you could rig up a remote tank and hook up a y fitting to feed both guns. I'm just bored, lol. but yeah i say keep the backup gun. the ions just went down in price, you can get em for 199 most places around here, so even with all the upgrades you might not be gettin that good of resale on the gun. Just keep it, it might not be the level of an angel or timmy or whatever but itl still get ya through a few matches if ya ever need it.