PDA

View Full Version : North Korea fires 6 test missiles

durrell
07-04-2006, 09:08 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/05/asia/web.0705missile.php

Anybody have thoughts on this? I for one think it's a pretty big deal, why would someone test fire 6 missiles including one capable of reaching us when they aren't planning to do anything..hmm.

marvin-martian
07-04-2006, 09:17 PM
it should take them a while to get something working properly, so until then im not afraid. and i thought were saying it was 5 missles now...

Live2Play
07-04-2006, 09:36 PM
It may take them awhile to get something working properly, then again it may not ..and its definitely a big issue right now lol. Why would a country test fire missles, that they didn't plan on doing anything with them...hmm....just a little bit suspicious!

This should definitely be a major concern on the western side of this country seeing as how these missles could reach the western side..

I'd rather see him dealt with, before this gets outta control. Its better to be safe, than sorry.

He also has china to deal with, and according to the news...they arent going to be taking any chances with kim's missile testing.

TheRedBarron
07-04-2006, 09:45 PM
North Korea's leader is unstable, insecure angry little man, yes these missiles can reach the US, no they will not actually hit us, why? the USofA has some amazing technology itself, one of these missiles would be launched, and picked up by our gadgets by the time it flys over japan and destroyed air to air or land to air in the middle of the ocean....

also how can we take somthing called the Taepodong seriously.

DRAGON
07-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Personally.....I think Kim Jong Il is Mini Me in disguise and Dr. Evil is behind this whole thing -

durrell
07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
also how can we take somthing called the Taepodong seriously.

lol at you and Drago

Yeah we shouldn't be worried..we have..

A FRICKEN LASER BEAM

http://www.pjbstudios.com/temp/dr.evil.laser.jpg

DRAGON
07-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Doesn't that interpret into 'TippyDong' in english? -

TheRedBarron
07-04-2006, 10:17 PM
yeah

Drefish99
07-04-2006, 10:21 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8247/teamamerica090kh.jpg

How can you be scared of that. He is so cute!!!

DRAGON
07-04-2006, 11:55 PM
^^^^Told you it was Mini Me^^^^ All he needs is some gold chains and a stop watch around his neck and he's ready to make some big bucks as a rapper lol -

Yo yo das right
Ma missiles ma missiles
Missiles missiles
Ma missiles
Yo yo yo
Das right

splaturout
07-05-2006, 04:15 AM
For one this Kim is just trying to get a rise out of the USA. Yes he is CRAZY and I have no idea how he keeps getting away with the things he does. Right now China is telling him to shut up and sit down. If China backs away from Kim he will no longer have any allies to help him and we will destroy him. Right now he just wants a rise out of us and we need not be worried. His missles broke apart and failed. It is clear to his country men that they do not have the ability to do this and it is now know. How can a military think they could win a battle if they can't get a missle to fly strait. He should call Japan and ask how many bombs we dropped on them before they gave in. I think Kim is just a mad little man and is trying to make up for his short comings!! He should have just bought a Dodge Viper. :nutkick:

bamf-hacker
07-05-2006, 04:34 AM
Make that 7 missiles.

They fired one this morning.

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 05:10 AM
fear is a restriction of freedom and to give fear to those who hate our freedom is the same as forfeiting freedom.

thechubbss12
07-05-2006, 05:38 AM
If we dont like someone why not kill him?... I know we have done it before... So screw humanity its called self defence... He needs to die and we are the perfect canidits for the job...

Death to that little asian.

splaturout
07-05-2006, 05:47 AM
That is a good idea but we signed off on not assissnating world leaders. I do agree we need to remove him from office but if we kill just him what would stop someone from killing our leaders the same way. It is obvious that we can not secure our borders, protect us completely from terrorist. If we go after Kim do you think that there might be a few people who would be mad at us and try to retaliate. If we go after him we need the support of their closest allies mainly China. We are the world's police because of our power but at the same time we need to accept everyone. If he wants to test missles it is his right. Yes he did sign an agreement that he would not but if he were to ask for permission then we need to let him. The moment he puts a nuke head on we need to level the country to rubble and start an America II.

That little asian is going to get himself killed shortly if he keeps it up.

DFSniper
07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
hes firing the missiles to prove he can do it, but he wont, he knows the consequences wont be worth it. as for the assassinating, officially we stopped, but i really doubt that...

shunut
07-05-2006, 06:25 AM
There really is nothing to worry about, like red said we would blow it up before it even got close to us. My brother is in the Navy and use to be stationed in Japan. He said we always have 1 fleet sitting out in the ocean near N. Korea just watching them.

Victa_Balla
07-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Japan has no military. They are a protectorate of us. So that means we have a lot of our stuff parked in Japan. If the north koreans decide that it would be a great idea to shoot them at us. They would be shot down close enough to korean, where they would feel the sideffects.

ps. apparently they were just shells of nukes...without the actual warhead in them..They still havnt made a warhead small enough to fit on the top of a missile...Maybe theyll resort to a giant slingshot.

durrell
07-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Japan calls for "swift, strong and resolute" action against North Korea for its missile tests. U.S. Ambassador to the UN John Bolton says Pyongyang's actions have no defenders in the Security Council.

Japan is a protectorate, but I hear they have some of their own stuff not to mention ours.

Then there's CHINA, North Korea's next door neighboor. And then our fleet sitting off their coastline. I don't know..I think something's about to happen. 7 missiles? It's almost like they want us to fire back.

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
i say some of koreas launch pads should mysteriously blow up...

bigred76
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I think that we should leave them be. We already screwed up their country once (Korean War), why do we feel the urge to do it again? :rolleyes: If they launched a missile at us, our ships out there would shoot them down (unless the Koreans are smart enough to send the missiles into the Stratosphere... doubtfull). You see, each of those ships has at least one of those nice, handy dandy machine guns called "Phalanx" (http://www.clash-of-steel.co.uk/gallery/pages/view_entry.php?image_number=70) that is fully automated. It locks onto the missile and shoots 20mm shells at a fire rate of just about a 3,000rpm at it. I think they can't touch us, and even if they do... Their entire country goes *poof* by one of our nukes. :D

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
If we dont like someone why not kill him?... I know we have done it before... So screw humanity its called self defence... He needs to die and we are the perfect canidits for the job...

Death to that little asian.
people believe that no price can be put on life, but i believe that is incorrect. because you CAN measure the value of one person's life in comparasson to another on the basis of how many humanity will be effected by their death/continued life. you can kill an idea by killing a person and the death of that idea can stop the death of thousands... and by the idea i am specifically talking about a nuclear attack. kill him, kill the idea, save millions 1 life > 100000 lives... you decide.

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
i still say that their launch pads need to have a "malfunction" and explode...

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
i still say that their launch pads need to have a "malfunction" and explode...
as do i; but i also belive that if a particular house of a particular lunitic happened to have a gas leak and explode, that wouldnt be a bad "malfunction" either. or maybe if a 50cal barret "malfuctioned" a few miles away and his skull "malfunctioned" in preventing penetration..... malfunction sounds wierd when i say it alot... sorta like foot

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 02:15 PM
his skull "malfunctioned" in preventing penetration....
roflwaffles. you get the idea...

shunut
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
...(unless the Koreans are smart enough to send the missiles into the Stratosphere... doubtfull)...

Even if they tried to do that we would detect it soon enough to fire a smaller faster missle at it to catch it before it got anywhere.

DRAGON
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Now wouldn't that be something if Durrell and his humor hit the nail right on the head? :shrug: Who's to say that the 30 second flight of the longer range missile was actually a fault? :shrug: Ever hear of Ronnie Reagan's Star wars? :shrug: Who's to say that a "laser"(quote, enquote) really didn't take that missile out 30 seconds after takeoff? :shrug: Could the Koreans tell whether it was a failed part or whatever or something else? :shrug: Where is this blown up failed missile? :shrug: (I've got a lot of questions here don't I? Oops, there's another lol). :shrug: I know someone that mentioned he has been in Alaska, Hawaii, Colorado and California for the past few weeks. Guess what branch of the service he's in? United States Missile Defense System. He mentioned Korea on the 29th. Did the US already know these missiles were going to be launched? :questionicon: Mooooooooohhhhahahahahaha!!!!! The plot thickens! - :eek:

spydr
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Gas went up today.How the hell does a country firing 7 missles make gas prices go up? It was $3.05 here yesterday and like $2.60 a week before then.

TheRedBarron
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I want to point out I noticed a few people saying "that angry Asian" and the such... none of that, that is what got us into trouble in WWII....

I would also like to point out that North Korea has had nukes for awhile, we have known it, we also know that until just now (supposedly) they have not had a missile capable of reaching the west coast of the US, which means..

China being their only ally has yet to allow the crazy midget to fire these "nukes" because the only range the missiles have is Japan, and China would suffer drastically from the radiation seeping from japan if a Nuke were to hit, (remember china has 3 people per cubic inch a little radiation goes a long ways in china)....

So with this new missile assuming it actually works as advertised China may allow the midget to fire them, this is what you are seeing, China wants to make sure it works before allowing him to strap a nuke to it, so far you have seen utter failure or are you? whos to say that the US isnt seeing these missiles taking off and meeting it with a STA or GTA hell even a ATA missile of their own? I mean honestly something that is big enough to be launched from NK to the Alaska would not be a hard target for one of our missiles to hit in the air. Should we be afraid of this being the beginning of the nuclear age we have all been worried about? I don't think so, what you are seeing now is the end of the midgets reign, if he keeps up like this the USA will step in, if he keeps threatening Japan, the US, and other countries he will lose China as an ally China wants beef with the US but they are patient they are waiting until they have the numbers because we all know they dont have the technology (in weapons). and if NK loses China as an ally the US will not be afraid to step in, right now the only thing stopping us is the threat of a nuclear attack (easily avoided if China backs down we can get closer possibly pinpoint bombing the midgets mansion once he is gone there is no need to worry about nukes) once he is gone, we step in make sure there is no conflict (which there wont be these people hate him as much as we do) then we do not bother setting up government we simply hand it over to SK (we all know the US is not good a diplomacy) [/rant]
TLDR?

Victa_Balla
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
NTLDR. I agree Red. The little guy dosnt have it in him to shoot at us. He dosnt have the technology to launch multiple missiles at us..If he could make it across the ocean, he might have 6-12 missiles....We shoot those down and send off 3 stealth bombers....Next thing you know every major industrial plant and government complexes all gone.

Guitar_kid99
07-05-2006, 04:46 PM
i know a cuople months ago north korea was tryin to get out of their bad situation because china is their only ally
they live in poverty
and all their money is spent on the military
*cough* hire a korean sniper *cough*

durrell
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah but I think what you guys are saying about reaching us is missing the point. The point is: North Korea is close enough to bomb Japan. What's stopping them from bombing Japan? I think that's the major concern. Japan is a protectorate of us, if they get bombed we're required to help them to fight back. Why do you think it's the Japanese who called up the Security Council and called for a swift condemnation of N. Korea? I don't think it's all about the long range one, I think it's also about the 6 short range successful missiles that landed 200 miles off the coast of western Japan..

splaturout
07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I want to point out I noticed a few people saying "that angry Asian" and the such... none of that, that is what got us into trouble in WWII....

What does that have to do with anything. We are not being derogatory toward anyone with that statement. We are simply acknowledging first his personality, then his height, then his nationality. We are not lumping everyone from his country in with him. When someone refers to me as a yankee, honky, whitey, or any other name when I am in a different country it does not bother me. People need to get over that and I can say that too. I grew up being the only white person around for 75 miles in a country where whites were a minority by an average of 100/1. I have been on the other side of racism. Calling him an "angry little asian" is not a bad thing and we are not being racist.

Plus it helps us cope with the problem. So let us say that if we want, and if you are asian we are not referring to you. Just like when someone goes off on a Muslim...They are not all terrorist, but some of them are and there is nothing they can do about it. I am going off about the 1 bad apple in the group not the whole group. Ok I am done now.

spydr
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Gas went up today.How the hell does a country firing 7 missles make gas prices go up? It was $3.05 here yesterday and like $2.60 a week before then.

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
it doesnt. the companies are already gouging it.. it was 288 here yesterday, 305 today, and im pissed. plus when its 250 (240 with kroger plus) i have to wait like 10 min in line.

TheRedBarron
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
What does that have to do with anything. We are not being derogatory toward anyone with that statement. We are simply acknowledging first his personality, then his height, then his nationality. We are not lumping everyone from his country in with him. When someone refers to me as a yankee, honky, whitey, or any other name when I am in a different country it does not bother me. People need to get over that and I can say that too. I grew up being the only white person around for 75 miles in a country where whites were a minority by an average of 100/1. I have been on the other side of racism. Calling him an "angry little asian" is not a bad thing and we are not being racist.

Plus it helps us cope with the problem. So let us say that if we want, and if you are asian we are not referring to you. Just like when someone goes off on a Muslim...They are not all terrorist, but some of them are and there is nothing they can do about it. I am going off about the 1 bad apple in the group not the whole group. Ok I am done now.

Im black, you are preaching to the choir there... my point is, during WWII we were all yelling those stupid japs... now we are yelling that stupid Asian, It is exactly the same thing, our country needs someone to blame all the time, whether it be people of middle east decent Asian people, french people, the problem comes when we start classifying people by their ethnicity. Those Asians, Those Africans, Those French... you see you are saying that the whole country follows that one persons belief. And that is why I told you guys to stop saying that, I feel that it is starting a stereotypes of sorts and that isnt something that should e public, if you want to call him an angry Asian in a chat room with your buddies, thats fine, if you want to talk to your parents about the angry Asian good for you, this a public place everyone is seeing what you are saying, some kids are going to catch on and start calling all Asians angry and unstable, as much as you would like to believe that it doesn't work like that.... it does.

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
in human society, if only X variables exist amongst people, general people find a group of X which has a small amount of difference and make it seem so incredibly different that one would assume there is both an X and a Y...

TheRedBarron
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah but I think what you guys are saying about reaching us is missing the point. The point is: North Korea is close enough to bomb Japan. What's stopping them from bombing Japan? I think that's the major concern. Japan is a protectorate of us, if they get bombed we're required to help them to fight back. Why do you think it's the Japanese who called up the Security Council and called for a swift condemnation of N. Korea? I don't think it's all about the long range one, I think it's also about the 6 short range successful missiles that landed 200 miles off the coast of western Japan..
I already took care of that in my post, I said that the reason they dont attack Japan is because China would be devestated as well, and as China goes so goes NK. That and they are scared of us.

scrappy
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Actually, if the DPRK acts up, it's technically a UN issue (read, US) since the Korean-UN action never officially ended, hence it's the second or third largest concentration of US troops (someone check me on that). Also, armistice isn't peace, it's just the lack of open war.

Japan does have a sort of military that is pretty well armed. It's a Self Defence Force (SDF) and only for...ding ding...self defense...so it's pretty small and wouldn't really stand up too well against a full attack (probably).

also, I wouldn't put too much stock in the Phalanx...it's called a CIWS, which stands for "Close In Weapons System." That means, last ditch effort at shooting down a multiple mach missile that is coming toward the ship that it's on. It can't protect that much, and even so, it's not foolproof. Neither is the AEGIS radar/air-intercept system.

I'd be much more worried about Iran doing something than North Korea. Kim is pretty isolated and not really doing much to help his situation. Iran on the other hand still has "friends" out there...

vikingshadow
07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Maybe the White House might decide this is just what they need to pull more troops out of Iraq. I don't know, but I have this feeling that our troops aren't finished in the world yet....(anyone remember in the 80's and 90's we had so many volunteers that they were asking people to not enlist and discharging people for any reason at all? I think we're about to see a massive volunteer hunt...)

I don't know enough about North Korea to make an educated statement...however, I think that China won't dare let it happen since they're in the middle of a major growth spurt in their country, both in industry and finance. Allies or not, it wouldn't be in their best interest, in my opinion.

However, as they are obviously thumbing their noses at the US and the security council, it is feasible they may be planning for something in the future - whether it be attack of Japan or of South Korea so we best be on our toes here. Are there any terrorist cells in N. Korea?

It would be so much easier to off the leaders that are causing so much destruction and worry...think - if we'd had sent in a crack sharpshooter or seal team to either assasinate Hussein, or just plain old capture him, where would we be today? I've long been a proponant of pulling ALL our troops and money back to the US and saying, "To heck with you all. Deal with your own problems for awhile," and only move when something comes close to affecting us. But, that's not the way this country works. Too many bleeding hearts out there...

spydr
07-05-2006, 07:46 PM
It would be so much easier to off the leaders that are causing so much destruction and worry...But, that's not the way this country works. Too many bleeding hearts out there...
Not to mention I wouldnt be suprised if like Saddam,Kim Jong has body doubles.

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
anyone remember in the 80's and 90's we had so many volunteers that they were asking people to not enlist and discharging people for any reason at all? I think we're about to see a massive volunteer hunt.

just like it was yesterday... :dodgy:

durrell
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Im black

OMG I HAD NO IDEA :p

vikingshadow
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I keep forgetting well over half you guys weren't even a twinkle back then....you missed a GREAT party! :D

bamf-hacker
07-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Rumor coming out of South Korea today has it that they are 3 more missiles on launch pads ready for testing today...

HacKeR

splaturout
07-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Ok I am not attacking "TheRedBarron" but I have a real hard time believing that you are the only black person around for 75 miles. You are going to tell me you have expierenced the same thing I have when I have watch as a kid someone hold an AK-47 to the head of my father because we were white? I doubt it.

Anyways....Just to give you an idea who this Kim @$$ is this is what he had to say about golf. The first time he ever went golfing he claims that he had 11 hole in ones....Interesting....and this guy has the idea of harboring Nukes? This guy sits around in pajamas with feet on them and thinks of ways to make himself feel bigger. Getting a resolution from the UN is as useful as my New Years resolution of getting into shape. It doesn't make a difference and it is time to out him.:tank2:

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Rumor coming out of South Korea today has it that they are 3 more missiles on launch pads ready for testing today...

HacKeR
"testing"

TheRedBarron
07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Oranges.....

vikingshadow
07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Personally, I think this thread has gotten WAY off topic - how the heck did we go from North Korea testing balistic weapons to racism?

The fact is that a CRAZY person is running the country over there and I don't care if he's a 14-eyed, green toad-beast from Mars. A crazy person is a crazy person, and the color of their skin has nothing to with it. By the way, he's a little Asian person, but they mostly all are over there! Duh! Severe malnutrition and a diet of fish, vegetables and rice are the reason for that.

Now, this debate over race is ended. Period. Stick to the topic, or else. If you wanna talk race, there's a racism thread at our friendly neighborhood BSNation. Feel free to make your way over there.

The end.

Click me for an interesting news article regarding this topic... (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5536163)

Heard they tested several more weapons this morning. I think they are personally pushing the limits of several countries patience. Right now, I'm torn between Iran and N. Korea as to which is the bigger threat to the world right now...

TheRedBarron
07-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I think they are trying to push the limits Vike, they want us to step in, It seems as though they are just trying to push our buttons testing our authority.. "You will respect my Authoritaaaayy" (sorry not needed south park quote) They also seem to be pushing Chinas buttons, and to me that is their flaw, without the threat of China and the worlds largest (although not techonologicaly speaking) military, we have nothing to be scared of, North Korea has very few militant forces, yes they may have some nukes, and some WOMD but if they dont have the time to use them what good are they? I say we dont give them enough time to use them, wait until China backs out, and then step in fast and furiously, this will put us on a good side with China because if they back out then that means they are scared of a nuclear war, and if we end it without one, they will be happy.

WhatThaSmurf
07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
For a second I thought you were talking about the members here pushing your limits, not NK pushing the US's limits.

scrappy
07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Think of it this way, Iran and NK are the remaining two in the "Axis of Evil" and they know we're pretty well tied up at the moment (although, I think we could hold NK with all conventional weapons). All we can do is work through diplomatic channels. What we need is the French and Russians to put more pressure on Iran and China to work on NK, because we have zero credibility with diplomacy right now. However, those nations have quite a bit of pull in that region since they trade and such. China has said it will not use the current aid it gives to NK as a weapon or bargaining piece, but they need to stop messing around and waiting for Russia to take the lead on things. They think they're so great with a huge population and growing economy, now is their time to prove that they can assert regional (if not global) power, if they want. It's in their best interest to get Kim to sit down and shut up because he can mess up that nice thing they got going, especially if he's got an itchy trigger finger.

If we're lucky, Israel will pull a 1981, Osiraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiraq)...I don't think Europe would be too angry about that.

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 07:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

ftw!

ironically it was very closely related to many of our military friends

it lead to the invention of napalm and also was going to be used until the atomic bomb was made.

durrell
07-08-2006, 10:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Durrell12/f286efd585c31e780b406d7d7cecc0a4.jpg

claustrophobia9
07-08-2006, 07:10 PM
hillarious durrel... did you make that or is it a something aweful photoshop phriday or something?
*mental thought (yes the thoughts that occur... in my mind...) at the time: ive been sitting funny and now my butts asleep...*

on another note, i dont think we should worry about NK, worry about scientology... seriously

scrappy
07-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Now Japan definently can't handle the newest development... (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27590?issue=4228&special=2003)

pman15
07-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Now Japan definently can't handle the newest development... (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27590?issue=4228&special=2003)

i lol'd:lolsign: