PDA

View Full Version : new prob

qttravis2
07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
hey im haven a new prob....i got all the **** fixed and now it seems that im having paint chop in the feedneck and shoot right in to my hopper....what the hell right??....what can i do?

breakxeggs
07-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Turn your velocity down. I had that problem you're gun is turned up to high, I asked this guy at a pro shop about it and he told me that I went home turned it down some and BAM it was fine. what he said it was doing was that extra air was popping the balls up and causing some to break.

Alien
07-07-2006, 09:09 AM
only a question www.actionvillage.com is it a canadian site ?

new_Faction64
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM

I can't answer that directly, but I live in the USA and ordered from them. I think my shipment either came from Ohio or California.

breakxeggs
07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
They ship from Ohio because thats where their store/warehouse is located.

Alien
07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Do you know if the tax for the customs is high ?

ooglieboogliebob
07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
.... go for an electronic loader .. the shake and bakes don't go as fast ....

or replace the detent ...

breakxeggs
07-08-2006, 05:15 PM
.... go for an electronic loader .. the shake and bakes don't go as fast ....

or replace the detent ...

If its breaking paint in the elbow its not the gun or the hopper, its how much excess air is there getting past the bolt. It pops balls back up the elbow and causes such ball breaks.

ooglieboogliebob
07-08-2006, 05:42 PM
.... something called blowback ... but that won't happen with a forcefed hopper ....

MET
07-09-2006, 07:09 AM

I would say they are not a CDN site,there is a CDN site listed there though.

Sandman_Bravo
07-09-2006, 07:10 AM
If you're getting paint all up into the hopper, it's probably due to excessive blowback like ^bob said. Go to a chrono & see what you're velocity is. It's probably high. Blowback is what re-cocks the gun after each fire but if the velocity is high (which means a larger amount of gas at each fire cycle) you'll have more blowback gas also. I have had hopper blowback breaks with an empire re-loader and that's a force feed hopper. Crank down the velocity and you should be ok. Make sure all the internals are clean and lubed, that makes the entire firing/re-cocking cycle smoother as well. Good luck.

breakxeggs
07-09-2006, 07:20 AM
If you're getting paint all up into the hopper, it's probably due to excessive blowback like ^bob said. Go to a chrono & see what you're velocity is. It's probably high. Blowback is what re-cocks the gun after each fire but if the velocity is high (which means a larger amount of gas at each fire cycle) you'll have more blowback gas also. I have had hopper blowback breaks with an empire re-loader and that's a force feed hopper. Crank down the velocity and you should be ok. Make sure all the internals are clean and lubed, that makes the entire firing/re-cocking cycle smoother as well. Good luck.

DO NOT LUBE THE ACS BOLT! It will swell and not fit back into the chamber, the derlin ACS bolt is a self lubing bolt.

Hob Hayward
07-09-2006, 09:39 AM
I've lubed mine with no trouble, but you don't need to, what causes chops like that isn't acctually blowback, its blowby, try lowering the velocity like breaksxeggs said.

speedywy
07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
i've been having problems with getting my velocity down... 290-310 with the screw backed out all the way(using CO2). any ideas...

ooglieboogliebob
07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
get a springkit.... heavy valve .. light mainspring ... or med valve light mainspring ...

Just know that making the spring of the valve harder will make the valve open shorter thus less air going through so less velocity

And harder mainspring will make the valve open longer .. thus more velocity ...

Alien
07-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Do you think this hiopper would fit on the MR2

Tippmann Triumph AL-200 Electronic Loader

Guitar_kid99
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
yes the elbow clamps

raphael
07-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I've read the post on this, and most of the issuse seems to be high Vec. Well, mine seems to break and it's not over 250. I pulled the bolt out and notices some scratches on the bolt. I also noticed my cocking lever doesn't return like it should. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Stock MR2 with compressed air. 14in JJ Ceramic barrel. Rev hopper has elec eye and feeds about 12-15 bps.

I went to the field after a 2 month break from playing <work>. It worked fine the last time I was at the field. Just started this time.

speedywy
08-02-2006, 07:51 AM
your brand of paint will make a huge difference... top qaulity paint gets top results... cheap paint breaks

raphael
08-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Proball paint - should be better then the wal-mart stuff. I've shot it before without problems.

zionfreak
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
My velocity is at the minimum (the farthest back the velocity adjuster will go) and my gun is blowing balls up the elbow in all three firing modes and it's causing dry fire.

ooglieboogliebob
08-29-2006, 12:43 AM
That's blowback. Your going to need to do LP mods and then get a reg in order to stop this or make it at a minimum.

All i can tell you right now is to drill your feedneck so the air vents through the feedneck and not to your hopper.

You could also just try and get a forcefed or semiforcefed hopper. (eggy, halo b, reloader b) You should have an electric loader on it anyway.

bigred76
08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
:yeahthat: Make sure that you sand off any burrs and such inside the feedneck... that could end up pretty badly if you don't and run a hopper through there... lol...

Welcome to the forums! We're pretty laid back around here and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Another thing, please open a new thread if you have a question like you did and make it so that this thread is not brought back to life. Thanks!