PDA

View Full Version : Uhh

ross * pilot
07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
hey guys, i was taking my gun apart and cleaning it today, and i went to oil my valve pin and orings, and when i was screwing the VA screw out, it made a pretty big popping noise. I know there is spring tension, but it never did this before. I found out that both orings for the VA snapped (not the one that goes in the exp. chamber.) I was shooting my gun a lot earlier with a friend ( 800 rounds + -) and it was humid out. I am positively sure my gun was gassed out, b/c i removed my hose and everything.

Any ideas why my orings snapped and that popping noise?

Sandman_Bravo
07-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Mine did the same thing once with the stock original o-rings. I don't know if because the o-rings don't like cold arse temperatures associated with co2(causing brittleness) or if the originals are crap. I changed mine out and haven't had a problem since. Try some spare co2 canister o-rings thay will fit also. Sundragon (see store list below)has o-rings for spyders or you can go to:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

^I think ooglieboogliebob is to thank for the above link, can't really remember.

ACSinMich
07-03-2006, 10:30 PM
when i had all the crap go wrong on my gun the other week i had my VA come out pretty harsh and both my Orings were broke at the same spot and the same amount, replaced them and they seem to be fine for now

M80
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
b/c youre a f4gget?

ross * pilot
07-05-2006, 05:22 AM
ahhaha, he got banned, ty ty

killer48
07-05-2006, 09:46 AM
thats funny

ShadowX
07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
It is just some excess air left over between the valve and the VA... Every Spyder I have had that I took apart less than a day before I last used it, does that.. It is normal..

I have never heard of it busting those O-rings though, but.. It should just make a slight pop noise.. But it should not break your O-rings..

tampaimpact16
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
lolol. the part i like most is how u two laugh at him. lol.

ross * pilot
07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
yes, its pretty funny. i dont feel for him at all... flaming = bad