PDA

View Full Version : Ion 2nd guesses

Slammed0
07-03-2006, 03:04 PM
So I was talking to this guy about the Ion. He said it was a pretty good gun but that the e-valve in them are very sensitive and tend to blow out if you give them too much psi. And once it does the gun is junk. So I assume that you cannot replace that part? Anybody else have this problem?

I still want one for the price and all but can't see Smart Parts putting out junk?

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 03:10 PM
nope, thats total bs. if you overload the noid the only thing that will happen is a blown oring and a lot of leaking, 30 dollar fix at the max and it rarely happens with anyone who knows anything.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 03:25 PM
I have to agree with Claus here. Almost all high-end markers will blow their noids if you turn up the regs too high. The only exceptions are the ones that bleed if the PSI becomes too high, like the Promaster. Simply start with your reg off and turn it up a little bit until it's at the right PSI and you should be fine.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 03:44 PM
well the noid really isnt as complicated as in high end guns as it is in the ion
the ion noid is a metal case with a metal rod in the middle and the only way it will leak is if you blow a seal.... or it explodes... good luck with the later of the two... you could blow a hose if your reg is up too high, thats a dollar fix, the guy doesnt know what he is talking about and i wouldnt believe a word he says from now on... except maybe "LOOK OUT!" that always deserves listening to

Slammed0
07-03-2006, 08:24 PM
:lol: Cool thanks guys! Ya, I didn't think that the Ion would be that much of garbage. I am a big fan of Smart Parts products so I was hoping he didn't know what he was talking about.

Oh, and solenoid!! Thats the word I couldn't think of so I put e-valve.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 08:35 PM
You made me more confused then I should have been with that "e-valve" statement. I thought there was another part I didnt know about in these paintball guns and got scared. :cry:

Slammed0
07-03-2006, 08:52 PM
You made me more confused then I should have been with that "e-valve" statement. I thought there was another part I didnt know about in these paintball guns and got scared. :cry:

Ya I was having a dumb moment and just could not think of the word Solenoid! :o

druid
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
the Lucky Stage 4 board uses the MAC noid...it's heartier than the stock noid so should have less problems (hopefuly)

claustrophobia9
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
the Lucky Stage 4 board uses the MAC noid...it's heartier than the stock noid so should have less problems (hopefuly)
right.... i doubt it. you clean 12 more parts, dump a hose and make the gun MORE COMPLICATED.... dont think so. stock noid still wins, and nothing is heartier, even if the hose doesnt blow the pin just hits the bottom of an iron noid and stays there until pressure is releaved... until then it probibly wont fire.