PDA

View Full Version : Adding on a rail for a scope

davesballs29
07-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I was just wondering if there was anyway to do this to the sonix 2005? I know from looking at it there is no place to put one, but did anybody do a welding mod to one? Thanks in advance.

el jefe561
07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
dont put a scope on it...scopes dont help much in paintball get a laser sight if u really want something like that

davesballs29
07-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the advice, but even still you need to have something on your gun to hold the site, any info on that?

druid
07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
you can't weld aluminum...well you could, but it requires special rods that aren't readily available, nor are they cheap...or some welder along the plasma line......

You could try to tap holes in the side and add an AK47 type, elevated platform site like those used on the ChiCom or the Romak AK's...but I don't know it you want to go through all that...the sight platforms are normally around $80 alone

davesballs29
07-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks a lot Druid. I'm not quite sure if I want to put one on yet because I do play speedball, but around here a lot of my friends like to play woodsball, and I wouldn't mind getting more involved in it. Thanks for the reply though.

Hawk
09-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Digging up an older thread here but, cehck out gunhead, they say they have a rail that will work for the new sonix, by this I do believe thy mean the 05'.
It should work as it mounts on the detent, with built in detent included.

Description : Picatinny Mount Rail
Place flashlights, scopes, lasers, red dots, sites, cup holders (oooh, sexy and convienent ;) ), or almost anything to the side of most Spyders (see compatibility chart). It uses the "picatinny" or "weaver" standard scope mount base. And it attaches to the side of the marker when the ball detent sits. Rail extenders and elevators can also be used.

The replacement ball detent is made of teflon. Which unlike the original steel ball, will not mar or damage the upper bolt.

All the necessary mounting hardware is provided with the rail.
http://gunheadguns.com/railblock/solerailsmaller.jpg