PDA

View Full Version : Drop forward for 04 imagine???

SSturbineblade92
07-03-2006, 07:49 AM
I have recently started playing paintball again and am thinking about adding some small upgrades to to my 04 imagine. I was wondering if it would be probable to add a drop forward to this gun. Mostly so that the weight is centered more and that my mask can be closer to the gun for aiming. If so what kind? i would still like the co2 tank to fit in my shoulder area and i dont wont the co2 tank to face downward. is there such thing??

p.s what is the difference between a drop forward and a cradle and is a 16" barrel to long for this gun?

Help greatly appreciated

Hossy
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
you dont need a drop forward, unless u really like them

drop forwards make your gun also have a larger profile, so really, if u dont want that, then dont get it

size of barrel doesnt matter, but id say get a 14 inch one

welcome to the forums, you can always ask me or someone else if u have questions, and remember that the search button is your new best friend

DRAGON
07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
I didn't like the way my 68/4500 felt on my Gin so I just got a stock Spyder drop for it from the BST here and now and it's perfect. If you don't want too much drop and forward stock isn't bad -

WhatThaSmurf
07-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I have a drop forward on my 04 Imagine, and I like the way it feels. It's not huge, just low enough to fit a 20oz CO2 under the frame, and it still keeps the tank horizontal.
And to answer your other question, the cradle was originally just for CO2 tanks, but now the two have become interchangeable, so it doesn't make a difference anymore.
I also have a 16" barrel, but I really just use it for woodsball and looks. I use a 12" for speedball. I'd suggest a 12-14" barrel.