PDA

View Full Version : Woodsball or Speedsball

pman15
07-02-2006, 06:31 PM
alright ive played speeds once and i though it was pretty fun.but it was kinda too fast and intense.and since i play woods also i love that more than speeds but i rarely go anymore.after playing at skirmish it makes me wonder should i go with woodsball or speedsball?

Team Ramrod
07-02-2006, 06:41 PM
No option for both?

I play both but I mostly play woods as its the only thing offered at my local feild and I tend to enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere.

timmyshoota
07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Speedball.

/end thread

Edit: Speedball, not speedsball, btw.

MatthewTheTheif
07-02-2006, 07:30 PM
speedball for the adrenaline

and use the search next time, im sure there has to be one of these already

pman15
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
speedball for the adrenaline

and use the search next time, im sure there has to be one of these already

well im just seeing wich one people like more.im kinda curious as what u guys like more cause i like woodsball more then speedball

bigred76
07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I love speedball, but most of the time I can only play woods. Odd how that works out.

viperx6x9x
07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
yeah our field alternates games cuz their short on refs. speedball, woodball, speedball, etc etc. so i finally got tired of sitin out every other game cuz i wasnt really wanting to play speedball so i played a few games today and it was pretty fun. I could get into that but woods is still my favorite. i like to hunt my prey.

claustrophobia9
07-02-2006, 08:38 PM
speedball... woodsball is wasted paint in my opinion. it takes too away from every aspect of paintball that i love. The angles... brush blocks EVERY angle i find... you dont even have to be good to hide behind something in the woods.

the lobing is blocked by trees. i just cant take it...

WhatThaSmurf
07-02-2006, 08:43 PM
woods, that's how I started out, and I still play woods with my friends that are less into paintball.

TheRedBarron
07-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Speedball all the way.
I followed paintball progression to what it is today.. and trust me todays game > yesterdays game.

Sandman_Bravo
07-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Woodsball! But our local field has a section called "the village" which is kind of a cross between the two. It's larger than a speedball field, set in the woods with lots of bunkers and cover, with a mowed/groomed surface, and you start at opposite ends like speedball. We play elimination or capture the flag. I like it a lot.

bamf-hacker
07-03-2006, 05:36 AM
six of one, half dozen of the other...

Does it really matter it is all super fun and if it wasn't, none of us would be here :)

HacKeR

meruhl
07-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I'm too old and slow to play speedball.

thechubbss12
07-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Speedball... cause i started out with woods ball.... then i played speedball... anyaspect of woodsball that intrest me seemed to fall away after my first torney.

ShadowX
07-03-2006, 12:39 PM
X-Ball FTW..

vikingshadow
07-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Standing and shooting at the chrono station, shooting targets at home, working on your gun for 30 minutes instead of playing FTW - at least that's what you would think watching the "hot shots" at my field!

I can play either at the drop of the hat - I prefer speedball but lately, playing woods with the pump has been pretty awesome.

colonel_moo
07-03-2006, 03:20 PM
woodsball is only fun if you are playing pump IMO. if i bring my matrix in the woods, all i can think about is how much paint im waisting, and not even comming close to hitting anything.

vikingshadow
07-03-2006, 04:08 PM
That's the biggest thing I noticed. I have to be dead accurate with my pump in the woods. First thing I realized is that if I'd had my other guns at that time, I'd have dumped 5-6 balls in there and wasted that person. As it is, I shoot once and if I miss, it's too late!

The challenge replaces the adrenaline rush of the speedball for me...not saying people don't get a rush in the woods, but I haven't in a long time. The challenge is where it's at right now!

scat
07-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I am a woods ball veteran I have a 40 acre valley with every type of terrain possible and I also play scenario games as well but I tried speed ball the other day and it was fun and intense I pissed off alot of people though mainly for blind firing which is one thing you learn when you have played woods ball but I reccomend woods ball with out a doubt

Sandman_Bravo
07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
You know, the more I think about it, it depends on what the situation is. If I have the choice between a handful of people playing outlaw woodsball with no refs or struture vs. a huge organized event(scenario or woodsball) with 2 large teams; I'd take the big game. The same holds true for speedball, I'd rather play an organized/structured speedball game than outlaw ball. But I take what I can get, you know?

druid
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
chevy or ford? pot AY toe or pot AH toe? chocolate or vanilla?

bamf-hacker
07-04-2006, 05:52 PM

:lolsign:

HacKeR

timmyshoota
07-04-2006, 06:44 PM
chevy, pot AY toe, chocolate, and speedball. Those are all the correct answers. :o

druid
07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Those are all the correct answers. :o

for you....:dodgy:.....that was kinda my point :D

Paintball0308
07-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I only played outlaw speedball. fields are tooo expensive. I can get my tanks filled and get paint that isnt crappy for $30 and have fun. I play 4vs4 and higher with people already there. so why pay more to the same fun.

TStites
07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I like speed ball because it has a fast Tempo

thebiest
07-13-2006, 07:21 PM
we play in an old abandoned house, and the yard around it in the outskirts of town, and play swat, thats the best, its way more cool than hinding behind big balloons

Hob Hayward
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I play outlaw woodsball mostly, but thats whats available to me, I love it too. I've only played speedball once and it was intensely fun except that I had forgotten to put in my contacts so I couldn't see very well... I still did well though and had an awesome time, however I can't afford to spend 50$ a weekend playing like that, not to mention that I have no field closer than 30 mins away and I can't drive yet. Yet of course my parents are like " your 16 be independent" and I think "arghhh just because I'm not 5 doesn't mean I can walk to boston..."

GFXAddict
07-14-2006, 07:45 AM
I like playing on a big spool field. I havent played woods in awhile and I play speed but its very intense and im just getting back into the sport.