PDA

View Full Version : working good

Guitar_kid99
07-02-2006, 11:18 AM
so saturday i finally went to play with my mr2 after having it for 2 weeks and not being able to use it
so i had no problems whatsoever except for my velocity screw being stripped but i can fix that
my remote line did not work because it had a bad o ring in it
i shot just a bit less than 1 and 1/4 cases of paint
no breaks whatsoever
my hopper only feeds 13bps
in my opinion more mr2's work than the ones that dont work

and one tiny question
does my air have to be in my gun for the ACS bolt to work?

Msniper
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah I got mine Friday and went to play saturday and it was fine I only broke two balls friday test shooting because full auto and gravity feed hoppers don't mix!!!

pman15
07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
yes u need air,and the most no duhh thing:doah: ,paintballs

Hourglass
07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear people are haveing good success with this gun, I just got one and was a bit worried at how many problems people said they were having.

Jarhead
07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
After reading all the posts I was a little leary about my MR2. After using it, it is a well put together marker. This gun was straight out of the box and I fired a little under 1500 balls and had only 2 breaks. Those I attribute to the hopper more than the gun. I am planning on uprading to a red dot site, Halo B and a new stock, if I can find a decent one.
Any other upgrade suggestions would be great!

RuffRhydas00
07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
so saturday i finally went to play with my mr2 after having it for 2 weeks and not being able to use it
so i had no problems whatsoever except for my velocity screw being stripped but i can fix that
my remote line did not work because it had a bad o ring in it
i shot just a bit less than 1 and 1/4 cases of paint
no breaks whatsoever
my hopper only feeds 13bps
in my opinion more mr2's work than the ones that dont work

What hopper are you using? I am one of the unfortunate ones that IS having problems with my mr2! :-(

wylde01
07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
i think guitar kid is using the empire reloader II if i am not mistaken. i am using an empire reloader b and it works also with no flaw

Guitar_kid99
07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
yea empire reloader 2

RuffRhydas00
07-26-2006, 08:08 PM
I am using the Halo TSA Backman. Which I have read alot of people are also using. Although, I don't know if that is the source of my problems or not. I have done pretty much everything I have read about in here that needs to be done and I still have issues. This is one expensive pain in my a$$!!! haha

Jarhead
07-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Have you looked at your velocity? These guns are set high. You need to back them off to 280-300 fps. Anything over this, I have heard will chop balls.

RuffRhydas00
07-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Have you looked at your velocity? These guns are set high. You need to back them off to 280-300 fps. Anything over this, I have heard will chop balls.

I had a feeling that was the case the first time I got to try to gun, so I took it to the local shop afterwards and had it adjusted to 290 fps I believe. A few weeks later I was finally able to test it out again after having the velocity adjusted and I think I shot about 12 balls before it broke one in the breach. This is definately a frustrating matter, especially since it is like 1-2 months usually before I can even get anywhere I can fire the gun to test it.

Jarhead
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Do you have the little black detent installed? Mine wasn't when I took my gun out of the box. Are you chopping on semi, 3 rnd or Full Auto?

RuffRhydas00
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Do you have the little black detent installed? Mine wasn't when I took my gun out of the box. Are you chopping on semi, 3 rnd or Full Auto?

Before I bought the gun I read through this forum alot and everything said to change the detent and at that time there was no mention of color. So when I purchased the gun, I also got some new detents(intimidator detents I believe). So as soon as I got the gun, I replaced the stock detent. Recently when reading through the forums I found that the stock detents that were causing problems were orange or something like that. Well I checked and mine came with the black stock detent. So I put that back in and am now waiting to try it out and see if that works.

As for chopping, I have not even been able to fire the gun in 3 round or Full Auto. It is chopping in Semi, when firing fairly rapidly.

Jarhead
07-31-2006, 11:06 AM
This weekend I tried out my new Ricochet AK hopper. I set my gun at 295 fps before I went out. I didn't have any chopped balls and could fire Full Auto with only a couple of misses. Since I don't use Full Auto most of the time, this is not a issue. I racked up quite a few kills because they didn't think I could hit them at far range.

RuffRhydas00
08-01-2006, 09:49 PM
So I found out something interesting recently. I took the barrel off my gun and just for ****s and giggles thought i would check my paintballs. So I dropped them through the barrel and if it was straight up and down they would drop through pretty good. If I held it horizontal and put the paintball in and turned it vertical then the paintball would get stuck. Thinking it might just be from teh paintballs sitting around too long I tried some of my roomates paintballs and they did pretty much the same thing. So now I'm not sure if I have an issue with the barrel or the paint. And I was using .68 caliber paint as specified in the manual! Any thoughts??

speedywy
08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
paint made a huge difference with chopping on mine. get a good tournement quality paint like chronic, anarchry, or special forces. also try and make sure it is fresh.

RuffRhydas00
08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
paint made a huge difference with chopping on mine. get a good tournement quality paint like chronic, anarchry, or special forces. also try and make sure it is fresh.

I will definately look into those. My friend has some special forces paint so I will try some of his and see if that helps any.