PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360

Moe
07-02-2006, 08:00 AM
I just bought me an Xboss 360. And I must say, best investment ever. The thing is the ****. I would reccomend it to anyone. I have ghost Reacon, and need for speed most wanted. What other games would you guys suggest? I'm into any genre of games. Doesnt really matter.

Victa_Balla
07-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Call of Duty 2. (NOT BIG RED ONE)
Halo 2
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.
Rainbow 6 Vegas (when it comes out)
and Splinter Cell :Double agent (when it comes out)

Paintball0308
07-02-2006, 08:31 AM
here some advice for your xbox 360. take out the games before you turn it over. My friend turned it on with the controller while I was turning it horizontal from vertical and it scracted the disc so bad I he had to return the game.

marvin-martian
07-02-2006, 08:33 AM
dead rising when it comes out.

Paradox313
07-02-2006, 09:35 AM
i dislike xbox franchise so much
microsoft was not meant to make video game consoles except for Halo

im a PS3 guy
cant wait for mgs4

colonel_moo
07-02-2006, 10:58 AM
project gothem racing 3 is good

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-02-2006, 11:05 AM
IMO the PS3 is way overpriced and they believe they are selling it very cheaply, and Xbox live pwns. Call of Duty 2 fo sho. BF2 also

Sac
07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
i've been thinking about getting one... maybe birthday? i dunno i just got a kickass computer for graduation i doubt i could swing a 400 dollar present

WhatThaSmurf
07-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Burnout: Revenge is pretty sweet. Lots of explosions and stuff.

Paradox313
07-02-2006, 01:04 PM
agreed the PS3 is way to overpriced
i think its like $500 for the 60 gig hard drive
and like $350 for a 40 gig hard drive

im pretty sure the prices arent right but its pretty close

and burnout revenge was fun
but then it got tooo old for me

marvin-martian
07-02-2006, 01:05 PM
the ps3 is costing so much because of the retarded blu-ray discs.

UKwithPride
07-02-2006, 04:48 PM
i dislike xbox franchise so much
microsoft was not meant to make video game consoles except for Halo

im a PS3 guy
cant wait for mgs4
I didn't know that Halo was a game console...

claustrophobia9
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
gears of war
bioshock
mass effect

end of story... nothing good (imo - and dont even say call of duty that game sucked big time) until this september... thats why i haven't bought a 360 yet.

and marv is right about blu ray being retarded. sony has lost every other standardization contest, theres no way theyll win this... honestly... teh pr0n industry decides which format and there is no way some1 will buy an HD version of some cheep nood flick for as much as bluray disks are going to cost. besides in the current format sony has suggested bluray doesnt actually sport a 50gb to 30gb ratio like it is made out to be... an HDDVD of 35gb standard COULD hold the same amount of HD quality video as a 50gb Bluray formated disk... bluray ftl...

Spoolinup
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I love my 360...it's true that there's not enough games out for it yet, but that's cuz it's a fairly new system...and you can still play (just about) any xbox game, and it actually makes it look better...I can't wait for Halo 3 to come out this x-mas, but halo 2 looks much crisper/smoother with better colors( on HD), IMO.

Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV is actually pretty kick*** for a RPG, and I really, REALLY don't like RPG's at all...

PG3 is pretty sweet, as is FarCry....Don't care for GRAW...graphics are unbelievable, but you have to hit 5 buttons in succession just to move and shoot someone...

Also, pretty sweet game is Dark Zero.

Just my $.02

claustrophobia9
07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
dark zero was overrated... i was dissappointed as a follower of the franchise.
halo 2 needs to stop being played, honestly... its old, and ive seen it perform, it SOMETIMES looks good but when you crap up the screen by splitting it the HD configuation starts showing its few flaws with laggy outputs and such (we had a few running at a LAN party and it was noticably different)

i thought GRAW was worth a rent... but its still not quality im looking for.. atleast it takes some skill to play.

oblivion is crack... there can be a game that is TOO good for some people to handle... some of them are overplayed and every moment is old to you (halo 2) but some are overplayed and every moment is new and you can never reach the end and when you get there you have wasted your life (wow) and oblivion is the latter. its a neat game... but its a bit to vast for my taste and cant give me any satisfaction for beating it. plus i like the rpgs in the future, dues x, mercenaries (partily rpg, mostly tps), and KOTOR, mass effect will be > oblivion hands down.

durrell
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
With Xbox you need 3 things

Xbox Live
Xbox Live headset
Xbox Live game

I promise you'll have fun. :thumbup:

TheRedBarron
07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
With Xbox you need 3 things

Xbox Live
Xbox Live headset
Xbox Live game

I promise you'll have fun. :thumbup:

and with the 360 add...

HDTV.

timmyshoota
07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I love how you post, but don't get on AIM. :dodgy:

defensive77end
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, 360 is awesome. If you have xbox live, add AirtightAsoka to your friends list.

Good games:
Perfect Dark Zero
Oblivion
Dead or Alive 4 (My favorite game, even though im not huge into fighters)

And also, check out marble blast ultra for the arcade, you cant come close to it for $10.

ACSinMich
07-02-2006, 11:09 PM
anybody have a few hundred dollars so i can get a X360 with HDTV? i promise i'll pay ya back.....when i dunno :p

Moe
07-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Im working on live and an hdtv right now. I probably wont get live till i go to college in august. cuz i have the system set up in the loft above my garage. and im not in the mood to run ethernet cable out there. I think me and my roomie are gonna split an hdtv. that would be badass. Ive heard its 100x better on hd.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
samsung is the best for xbox 360s, thats who the team worked with and the 360s are optimized to look best on even the lowest of the samsung hdtv line.

TheRedBarron
07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
samsung is the best for xbox 360s, thats who the team worked with and the 360s are optimized to look best on even the lowest of the samsung hdtv line.

It doesnt look to shabby on my phillips HD either. But you are right it is made for a samsung.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
It doesnt look to shabby on my phillips HD either. But you are right it is made for a samsung.
it isnt going to look bad on anything thats HD (cept for a broken one) if i was going to get any tv(non projector) for hd feature in games i would get the philups with ambilight... those are crazy. my friend has a sony with the phillups ambi light stands and it adds alot to gameplay

TheRedBarron
07-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Mine is an Ambilight Plasma, it is amazing I thank the wife for it everyday.

Spoolinup
07-05-2006, 08:16 PM
More game titles coming out that look great is the console version of FEAR and just a new shooter game called Prey.
really looking forward to trying the full version of Prey, as the downloaded Demo was pretty fun.

claustrophobia9
07-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Mine is an Ambilight Plasma, it is amazing I thank the wife for it everyday.
pics? i love plasma and lcd but honestly a DLP tv is where its at for gamers. its cheaper and in a few(5 or more) years when lots of people's LCDs start loosing pixels and the plasmas get hot spots you may have some problems but you just buy a new bulb for 400 and the tv works like new.