PDA

View Full Version : this is amazing

Canadian725Xx
07-02-2006, 08:17 AM
look at this baby lol

Warsensor Wg47 Fixed Stock
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/1121209974.jpg

The WG-47 is modeled around General Mikhail Kalashnikov’s AK-47. The AK-47 is one of the most widely used and recognized weapon systems in the world today, and the WG-47 is the most realistic paintball marker based on this legendary rifle.

Specifications: - Semiautomatic Action
- Quick Field Strip
- Velocity Adjustable (220-300 fps)
- Expansion Chamber (Inside Magazine)
- Magazine Kit built-In
- Fixed Stock
- Quick Release Front Parts
- Real Action SAFE Switch
- .68 Caliber
- Real Action Side Cocking System
- Bottom-line Kits included
- 18” Barrel
- Vertical Side Feed
- HPA, N2 or CO2

Hob Hayward
07-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Those things cost a ton though I think?

Canadian725Xx
07-02-2006, 08:24 AM

yeah theyr like 355 or something

splaturout
07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Just what we need!!! Another weapon that kids can haul around and get really shot because they think it looks cool. Granted if you are really pointing something like that at someone and you get shot for real you are a dumb @$$!! I don't think we really need a piantball gun to look like a real gun. Yea it is cool but I think that will cause more problems then anything else. Anyways...when would you ever really want to use something like that? Would a tourny player buy it?

Ace24
07-02-2006, 09:39 AM

Not really... They are the cheapest of the scenario guns. The M4A1 is the expencive one. That one is around $500 or so. Don't even get me started on the M60E01's either... Those cost over $1k. (at least the ones I have seen)
The AK-47's are in the $250 price range at my local pro shop. Wich isnt bad at all. But upgrading them will cost you an arm and leg because you have to buy the gun specific upgrades.

Ace24
07-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Just what we need!!! Another weapon that kids can haul around and get really shot because they think it looks cool. Granted if you are really pointing something like that at someone and you get shot for real you are a dumb @$$!! I don't think we really need a piantball gun to look like a real gun. Yea it is cool but I think that will cause more problems then anything else. Anyways...when would you ever really want to use something like that? Would a tourny player buy it?

Obvously you have never heard of 24 hour scenario games? Those guns are a must have for them. You need something sturdy wich the pea shooter speedball guns wont give you. You CANT get dirt in the scenario guns, you CAN shoot further then most of the speedball guns, and you have the advantage of the toned down paint, as where speedball guns have their high glossy show off paint. Another thing, you can put alot more upgrades on these then tippmans or any other paintball gun. You should see this one guys gun that I was playing with in PA around a year ago. His gun was a M4A1 with a grenade launcher attatchment, front grip under the bottom heat plate, thermal scope, lazer sight, flashlight, and last but not least a modified custom stock. He also painted his gun camo.

Paradox313
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM
all of the milsim paintball markers are expensive
well at least the ones that look like actual war rifle/pistol

the only milsim marker i wouldnt mind having is a Tac-8

splaturout
07-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Obvously you have never heard of 24 hour scenario games? Those guns are a must have for them. You need something sturdy wich the pea shooter speedball guns wont give you. You CANT get dirt in the scenario guns, you CAN shoot further then most of the speedball guns, and you have the advantage of the toned down paint, as where speedball guns have their high glossy show off paint. Another thing, you can put alot more upgrades on these then tippmans or any other paintball gun. You should see this one guys gun that I was playing with in PA around a year ago. His gun was a M4A1 with a grenade launcher attatchment, front grip under the bottom heat plate, thermal scope, lazer sight, flashlight, and last but not least a modified custom stock. He also painted his gun camo.

No I have and I think all those guns are also not needed. I do believe it is possible to make a gun that does not look like a real gun that could last just as long. It is only the "look" of the gun that can couse problems. How many times has a person been shot over a stupid water/toy gun. These look even more real. That is all I am saying. I do agree it is cool but it can still cause more troubles than needed.:poker:

oldnewb
07-02-2006, 12:43 PM
My advice? Don't buy these for your kid, and if you're a retailer, don't sell these to anyone under 18. Let's just assume that sooner or later, your kid is going to have a lapse of judgement and carry one of these openly or show it off to their friends in your yard or at school.

Besides, most milsim markers patterned after assault rifles are fairly big and heavy compared to your standard marker. For a smaller kid, they'll have an easier time hefting the lighter markers around for long scenario games.

Milsim is making a comeback mostly because paintball companies are seeing the success of airsoft and realizing that they're losing out on a lot of sales. I myself have a Spyder MR1 and love it, although admittedly it has more of a "generic" milsim look, rather than actually being patterned after a real-life gun.

Here's a thought : if people are so up in arms over milsim markers being too realistic looking, why hasn't anyone tried making something patterned after a sci-fi theme? The only reason I can think of is there hasn't been any sci-fi guns (other than the butt-ugly Star Trek phaser rifle) that really stuck with the public's consciencesness

yamaha cow
07-02-2006, 04:43 PM
havn't u guys heard on engler the guy that owns the fiels i play at bouhgt a MG42(wwII machine gun kinda like our m60) it cost $2000 and we used it to mow down the americans on the beach at oklahoma D-Day

marvin-martian
07-02-2006, 04:50 PM
this is a horrible idea...omg. i dont even want to start...

vikingshadow
07-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Wow....sorry to do this, but I have to totally disagree here.

Obvously you have never heard of 24 hour scenario games? Those guns are a must have for them. You need something sturdy wich the pea shooter speedball guns wont give you.

Why are they a must have? So you can do some weight lifting at the same time? I guarantee my shocker and my angel AND my spyder, all used for speedball AND woods are just as sturdy, and a HECK of a lot lighter than those heavy milsim guns. Not so sure I'd call the "speedball" guns pea shooters just because they're smaller and lighter. They're also faster, easier to tuck into barricades or bunkers, you just see them more in speedball than in scenario games.

You CANT get dirt in the scenario guns, you CAN shoot further then most of the speedball guns, and you have the advantage of the toned down paint, as where speedball guns have their high glossy show off paint.

You CAN'T get dirt in any gun because it's bad for it. Period. Also, you CAN'T shoot further unless you turn the velocity up to above 300 fps - physics 101 there, hot rod! Flatline? Sure, but it's not accurate at the full range of distance and goes so slow that you can literally catch the ball as you step to the side to avoid it. If you have to play unsafe in scenarios just to get people out, I don't think I want to play.

Finally, you have seen "speedball" guns, right? Dust finishes, camo finishes, black guns (also known as "Ninja" :rolleyes:) green guns, brown guns, they all work just as well in the woods as any milsim colored gun.

Another thing, you can put alot more upgrades on these then tippmans or any other paintball gun. You should see this one guys gun that I was playing with in PA around a year ago. His gun was a M4A1 with a grenade launcher attatchment, front grip under the bottom heat plate, thermal scope, lazer sight, flashlight, and last but not least a modified custom stock. He also painted his gun camo.

Look around the net, and you'll see a LOT of upgraded A-5s, Spyders, 98Cs and so on. I think that a bit of research should be done first.

This is a good looking gun, but I've always been troubled by realistic guns. It's just me though. I don't care what other people have, I just don't want one myself.

marvin-martian
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM
vike...i love you. thats why i didnt want to sart, i knew you would come in and type an essay about the same thing i wanted to say.

UKwithPride
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Lol.

vikingshadow
07-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Hehehe! Honestly, I don't start out meaning to type so much. Just wanted to cover all the points he brought up...and when you can type fast, then it doesn't seem like a lot.

Plus, it doesn't help when I like to debate things. :foreheadslap:

smakdacrak
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
My advice? Don't buy these for your kid, and if you're a retailer, don't sell these to anyone under 18.
Retailer: No, I dont want your 500 dollars. :dodgy:

bigred76
07-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Someone posted something similar to this on another forum I'm part of. Since I'm too lazy to type a new post, I'm just gonna copy and paste it...

Well, I personally hate those POS scenario markers. The feel good, yes, but what's the point of having something that's basically a chunk of metal that shoots paintballs inaccurately? I mean, come on. The Spyders and Tippmanns can NEVER be as accurate as other markers simply from their designs. Another thing, they are some of the heaviest markers I've ever held, short of Vikings. Another is they're loud as hell, which sucks when you're trying to pop one guy, swing around, and get the next without him knowing you're there.

Keep in mind, now, that I play in the woods more than I do on the speedball field. I personally would go for an Autococker (like I already have) because of it's abilities used for somewhere in the $200 range. For that price, you can get a fully or almost fully upped marker that will rarely break down on you, and that means less so than a Tippy. And trust me, I've owned Tippies.

TL;DR: why the hell would you own a 25lb marker that cant hit sh*t and is as loud as hell when you can own a marker that is 4lbs fully loaded that has ball on ball accuracy at 80-100ft, and the loudest part on the gun's the hopper?

That's the end of that post, but I guess I can become unlazy enough to speak on the visability aspect of the marker. When I play woods, I go out there in my red/black Empire 2k3 pants and red DYE C4 jersey. Why? Because the sooner they see me, the quicker I can get them out or force them to shoot upon me. If I know where you are in a woods game, you're screwed. End of story. I apply the theory about the clothes I wear to the marker as well. If you WANT to never be found in a game and never get anyone out, fine. Be my guest. Ghost around and possibly get one or two people out while I take out the rest of them.

WhatThaSmurf
07-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Is that the second time you've copied that post? Lazy piece of.....
j/k

bigred76
07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it is. I have a correction to make to it... I said Spyders and Tippies can never be as accurate as others because of their design, I was wrong. There are kits like the T1 and E-Bolt that make them as accurate. Of course, those are discontinued.... The only other options for Spyders is the Spimmy conversion, and, of course, that costs about $300.

Ace24
07-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah the MG42 is the turret placement gun. I saw a video of one on video.google.com (search paintball and turn date to recent, you should see it in caption "MG42 PAINTBALL GUN")

--------EDIT----- I put the link, so you that dont want to search, can watch it
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2630081652583171994&q=Paintball

Its heavy as a biatch, but it pumps something like 40 paintballs a second with a paintball well of around 1000 paintballs. (at least the ones i have seen, depending on the owner it might be less or more, depending on upgrades)

Its only usefull in scenario games that require you to hold something down for hours at a time where there are over 200 people playing and many rush you at once. Its pretty impressive to watch. Check the link above^^

timbertiger20
07-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I have to completely agree with Vike.........although I do love knowing that my opponents have Tippy's turned into 6 foot long 50 cals. I shoot a Cyborg, My captain shoots Timmy's my back up is a freestyle.......alot of Ions on our team. I play for one of the biggest teams in the Northwest and we play alot! Some of us have 11 scheduled 24 hour scenario games! Most of the mil-sim markers are based on Spyder's or Tippy's. How can they possibly be more reliable? Bring on your Engler........having a marker that can shoot a case off of a 68/4500 and a marker that can put out 34 bps when you want it to makes a near perfect scenario marker!

Ace24
07-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I meant by "You cant get dirt in the scenario guns" as meaning... its not possible unless you stick your barrel into the ground and twist it around a few times, or you take your gun apart and drop all the pieces on the ground. Other guns (tippman included) are easy to get dirt in because of the openings for the bolt and other places. Tippmans are very closed... but I have seen some disaster cases where they had green sludge(dont ask) on the inside... as where people using the M4 and AK reps. were not crudded down like that. (they were all used in the same situation and experienced the same trama as the tippman)

Yes you can upgrade tippmans alot. I dont dissagree there... but you can do more with the scenario guns. Not by much though.
I was refering more twards the guns like Angels and Shockers and such. ( I am not trying to diss anyones gun so please keep an open mind)

I am putting the point across that in 24 hour scenario games or BIG scenario games that last a whillee I would rather be holding the scenario style gun, then an angel.
It is my personal preference. I honestly dont give two sh**s about weight... yeah its annoying at times, but I am used to it because when I work I have to hold a 15lb pole with flash equiptment on it for 13 hours straight on my feet.

Little kids should not have paintball guns unless supervised by a parent anyways, who cares if they look realistic. If the stupid parents buy their kids guns that look real and tell them to run around on the front lawn shooting eachother, thats asking for trouble. I can relate to the realistic squirt guns though, I own two uzi replicas and a 9MM Baretta water gun. I have gotten in trouble with both lol. But those guns werent made so little kids could play with them, they were made for those that love the game enough to spend the money on something that makes them feel more like a soldier without actually having to shoot someone or be in a real war. Thats all it is. Thats why people play airsoft. (that and its really fun)

Are the guns nessisary? No... but they do add a really cool realistic feel to senario games.
Would I buy one for my kid? No, I wouldnt let my kid touch a paintball gun untill he was at least 14 and was supervised and actually playing in a paintball designated area.
Does stuff happen where the kid could get his hands on one and have the chance of getting shot? Yes... but how many insodents have you heard of?

Those are my two cents... and it is all OPINION. So dont drill me on how this gun is better, or how another gun is better at scenario games then the guns I have listed. I wasnt meaning to put anyone, or any gun down.

viperx6x9x
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
yeah ive looked into some of those guns too. i can understand the scenario aspect of specialized weaponry like say grenade launcher sims. Ive heard of some games where they actually have "armored vehicles" and normal ball hits dont count, you gotta hit em with a grenade or somethin to get em out of the game. or of course the gettling gun mentioned earlier. other than that its all the look of the gun and your preference. honestly id go for a camo'd compact style gun myself. give em as small a target as possible.

there is one thing about those scenario guns i dont like, and thats lazer sights. yes they can be attached to a speedball style gun just as easily but its something you dont see in speedball. The reason is this, lazers can permantly damage eyes. and paintball seems to be getting a lot of younger kids playing now and we dont want them exposed to that stuff too much. we actually work with some of the more powerful lazers in our mine hunting gear and are required to wear special eye protection to operate the stuff, it can literally burn retinas, and hold it on a spot on your skin long enough you can pick up 2nd degree burns. the point is lazer sights should be illegal unless acceptable eye protection is made a requirement before entering the field and i dont mean standard goggles.

splaturout
07-03-2006, 05:13 AM
:yeahthat: You know what would be really cool that I would buy...a gun modeled after the ALIENS (the second movie) guns. I always thought those were cool looking. I am sure it would be heavy as heck but still. Or (sorry to bring this up because it sucked) how about the guns in Starship Troopers. That would be cool. Thanks Vik for saying in a much smoother way what I wanted to say.

druid
07-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Scenarios aren't for everyone. If you don't like them, stay out of them. What normally turns people off is the poor planning or management of the event. That leaves them nothing to do but whine about the gear weight and objectives.

I've been going to PA's D-Day since 01, only ever missing last year's because it was on my anniversary - and now this year's because of my shoulder. The events get incrementally better as the years progress. This year, it's anticipated that there will be 4,000 ballers on 700 acres. If you can't find some kind of firefight in that, you really don't want to be there to begin with...you're hiding.
Milsim markers add to the realism of the event. For those that have the intellectual capacity to want to experience the things our soldiers endured...the weight and bulk of military styled gear...it's a wealth of knowledge and experience. For those that just want to 'run and gun'...well, then take your shocker or Ion and shut up.

Either way...you are there for the experience of the event. You can't do that with 100% effectiveness, unless you drag around with the same weight and hardships our soldiers do or did...nor can you appreciate their sacrifices for our freedoms they protect.

I'm speaking to true intellectual understanding of the event...not just a game...

Canadian725Xx
07-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Scenarios aren't for everyone. If you don't like them, stay out of them. What normally turns people off is the poor planning or management of the event. That leaves them nothing to do but whine about the gear weight and objectives.

I've been going to PA's D-Day since 01, only ever missing last year's because it was on my anniversary - and now this year's because of my shoulder. The events get incrementally better as the years progress. This year, it's anticipated that there will be 4,000 ballers on 700 acres. If you can't find some kind of firefight in that, you really don't want to be there to begin with...you're hiding.
Milsim markers add to the realism of the event. For those that have the intellectual capacity to want to experience the things our soldiers endured...the weight and bulk of military styled gear...it's a wealth of knowledge and experience. For those that just want to 'run and gun'...well, then take your shocker or Ion and shut up.

Either way...you are there for the experience of the event. You can't do that with 100% effectiveness, unless you drag around with the same weight and hardships our soldiers do or did...nor can you appreciate their sacrifices for our freedoms they protect.

I'm speaking to true intellectual understanding of the event...not just a game...

nice way to put it but when i started the thread i thought it was just gunna b o yea it looks kool lol thats all i meant by it

Hossy
07-03-2006, 09:26 AM
- HPA, N2 or CO2

HPA is N2.....

druid
07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
nice way to put it but when i started the thread i thought it was just gunna b o yea it looks kool lol thats all i meant by it

...and that's fine but understand that it brings out the 'snob' and 'elitism' in people. The anti-woods and anti-scenario crowd have a field-day with downing rec play because it's not 'cool' in their eyes...not that their opinion means crap to me anyway...I've been playing longer than most tourney ballers have been alive so I really don't give a rat's butt what they say or think. They are inconsequential to me in the highest degree.

(Canadian...Most of this is not meant for you. Please regard it as information for your understanding. The following a general statement that applies to those who should know better and yet, talk out their anus and forget their roots in the game.) It really grinds my ass that people who started in the woods - all of a sudden, find tourney ball. Then they forget where they came from and jump on the chuckle-head band wagon ...and turn their backs on everything that brought them to the game **cough Tim cough**.....

One thing I neglected to mention up there ^^ is (because I had to go to therapy and typed ^^that^^ as fast as i could...) is that scenario markers are not much different than tourney markers - in that they are equally stock as most mid-range markers you can find...and equally flawed. Stock barrels, inefficiency issues and crappy stock components plague almost every marker, save the expensive ones. I don't care if you take a shocker to a scenario, it's a gas hog regardless of what type of event you attend. Angels...well, they are Angels...Timmy's....meh...you can keep them IMO (I was never a fan of Timmies).
This is a Spyder forum. Who else but us and the Tippmann owners can speak to inherent problems in a stock, low, to mid-cost marker? Well, ok....VL/BE gun owners...but still. Any marker you buy will be as inaccurate as you allow it to be. Leave it stock and that's all it will ever be. If you shoot small/medium bored paint out an over-bored barrel...that's your fault that you can't hit the broad-side of a barn when standing inside it. The first rule-of-thumb for accuracy in paintball is paint-to-bore match. If you failed to make the proper adjustments for it, that's your problem. That leads to the next problem...cheap paint. If you run MARBS all the time...expect to get shot. Marbs may be good in some guns/barrels but not all...and not in all climates, either. Stop being cheap and buy decent paint. Even where it's FPO, they still give you a choice of a few brands/grades and yet they sell out of the cheap stuff first. Stop being a miser, this is an expensive sport. Can't afford it?...start collecting stamps and go away.

Anyone complaining that Milsim markers are inaccurate...never had one built by me. Up to now, I have built 4 Milsims from Spyders(1 and it was LP) and Tippmanns(3) for guys at work. After building them from basically scratch/stock markers...they all hit a 10" paper pie plate at 85'. How and why? because I take the time to, and install the components that, make it a great performing marker.

If the marker's too 'heavy' for you (you, meaning everyone reading this), then you need to hit the gym, do some push ups, grow some balls...or something...but don't be a wimp all your life, it gets you nowhere. Life is difficult by itself...get used to it before you delude yourself into a psychologist's therapy session from your uber, mental 'let-down'.

What it basically boils down to is this...like it or hate it but if you suffer poor performance during it, it's because you have a lack skill or just can't handle it. If you don't have it in you then either learn it or abandon it...but STFU about it and move on. [/rant]

bigred76
07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
...and that's fine but understand that it brings out the 'snob' and 'elitism' in people. The anti-woods and anti-scenario crowd have a field-day with downing rec play because it's not 'cool' in their eyes...not that their opinion means crap to me anyway...I've been playing longer than most tourney ballers have been alive so I really don't give a rat's butt what they say or think. They are inconsequential to me in the highest degree.

Snob? Elitism? What is that I'm detecting from you, because it sure as hell aint humbility! :dodgy:

(Canadian...Most of this is not meant for you. Please regard it as information for your understanding. The following a general statement that applies to those who should know better and yet, talk out their anus and forget their roots in the game.) It really grinds my ass that people who started in the woods - all of a sudden, find tourney ball. Then they forget where they came from and jump on the chuckle-head band wagon ...and turn their backs on everything that brought them to the game **cough Tim cough**.....

Forget where I came from?! You obviously DID NOT read my post. I stated LOUD AND CLEAR that I still play woods more than speedball because it's what's available. I enjoy it, but not as much as speedball because there are less ****tards in speedball who can't figure out how to fire their markers. Woodsball is WAY too easy around here, almost as easy as me walking into the nube field at the speedball fields. A ****ing chicken shoot. Why? Because I'm athletic enough to run around, flank them, take a piss, then take them out one by one BY MYSELF. Why do I do so? Because I can't understand why the hell I would SIT ON MY ASS in one spot and wait for them to come to me when I KNOW that they can take me out the moment they see me. Which is the better idea... sit around and be taken out, or be the person that takes others out? I don't know about you, but I'm not the kind of person to sit around and be a LOSER.

One thing I neglected to mention up there ^^ is (because I had to go to therapy and typed ^^that^^ as fast as i could...) is that scenario markers are not much different than tourney markers - in that they are equally stock as most mid-range markers you can find...and equally flawed. Stock barrels, inefficiency issues and crappy stock components plague almost every marker, save the expensive ones. I don't care if you take a shocker to a scenario, it's a gas hog regardless of what type of event you attend. Angels...well, they are Angels...Timmy's....meh...you can keep them IMO (I was never a fan of Timmies).
This is a Spyder forum. Who else but the Tippmann owners can speak to inherent problems in a stock, low, to mid-cost marker? Well, ok....VL/BE gun owners...but still. Any marker you buy will be as inaccurate as you allow it to be. Leave it stock and that's all it will ever be. If you shoot small/medium bored paint out an over-bored barrel...that's your fault that you can't hit the broad-side of a barn when standing inside it. The first rule-of-thumb for accuracy in paintball is paint-to-bore match. If you failed to make the proper adjustments for it, that's your problem. That leads to the next problem...cheap paint. If you run MARBS all the time...expect to get shot. Marbs may be good in some guns/barrels but not all...and not in all climates, either. Stop being cheap and buy decent paint. Even where it's FPO, they still give you a choice of a few brands/grades and yet they sell out of the cheap stuff first. Stop being a miser, this is an expensive sport. Can't afford it?...start collecting stamps and go away.

The problem with woodsball is that the people that can't afford speedball play it to avoid field fees. And because of that, they run stock markers, mebbe with a Quantum or Lapco barrel. Paint to bore match? I show them my Freak (showed it to my friends yesterday), and their mouths drop open and ask me why the heck I'd "waste" money on that when I coulda gotten a Lapco (they're popular around here) or VL barrel for way cheaper. You try explaining to that group of nubesauce why it would be a good investment instead of a case of paint. They just don't understand it from that view. Glad you can, but what about the other thousands of ballers out there? Guess what... THEY AREN'T YOU!

Anyone complaining that Milsim markers are inaccurate...never had one built by me. Up to now, I have built 4 Milsims from Spyders(1 and it was LP) and Tippmanns(3) for guys at work. After building them from basically scratch/stock markers...they all hit a 10" paper pie plate at 85'. How and why? because I take the time to, and install the components that, make it a great performing marker.

Again, who else but you does that? Obviously not the majority of woodsballers, otherwise we'd be talking this way about speedball, not woodsball.

If the marker's too 'heavy' for you (you, meaning everyone reading this), then you need to hit the gym, do some push ups, grow some balls...or something...but don't be a wimp all your life, it gets you nowhere. Life is difficult by itself...get used to it before you delude yourself into a psychologist's therapy session from your uber, mental 'let-down'.

I never said any marker was too heavy for me, but why would I waste my energy that can be used for doing, say, objectives in a scenario? Just because you have nothing better to do but get into your "sniper pose" and sit around doing nothing doesn't mean that the rest of us don't go and do the objectives/missions of the scenario like we're supposed to. :rolleyes:

What it basically boils down to is this...like it or hate it but if you suffer poor performance during it, it's because you have a lack skill or just can't handle it. If you don't have it in you then either learn it or abandon it...but STFU about it and move on.
Now you finally say something I partially agree with. But not the very last part. You brought this arguement up, as I recall, so why don't YOU leave it be? We all are allowed to voice our opinions, and that doesn't mean that you have to be an overbearing, left-side asshat and try to shut us up. Just my $.02. Like it or not. :)

colonel_moo
07-03-2006, 11:59 AM

sorry if this post has already been beaten to a stick in this thread, but i was too pissed off the continue reading.

i dont even know where to start. i dont understand how you think just because a gun looks like an AK means its as sturdy as an AK. also, my guns have never really broken on me in game. i dont know what "pea shooter" speedball guns you are, but it obviously wansnt anything good. the only thing ive actually seen BREAK was a shocker feedneck, just because, well, that always happens :) . also, if you get dirt in any gun, its probably not going to break right away... it might cause some long term internal scarring, but if you ever watched a NPPL tournament during the rain, you see players sliding through giant puddles of mud, and the gun continues working fine. also, alot of high end guns dont even have any exposed moving parts, so you could just avoid getting dirt in your gun alltogether that way. again, i donno what your sources are for this information. and about shooting farther, care to explain? how is a paintball traveling at the same velocity out of two different guns going to differ in the range without putting some kind of spin on the ball? and even if you have a flatline or apex barrel, and you are trying to shoot someone 300 yards away, even if you CAN hit them, do you really expect the ball to break? just because it travels farther doesnt mean the paintball isnt going to slow down at the same rate, and by the end of a paintball's arced path across field with any normal gun, its rare for the ball to break at max range. i think the only valid point you presented was the fact that high end guns have flashy annodizing. however, my matrix is flat black.

so to sum up, you should probably check your sources instead of posting a bunch of "special ops" propaganda that you've been reading about and stop assuming any gun that looks real is going to perform better. its just that, they look real. im not saying the gun this guy posted is bad, im sure its a blast to play with if you're into that sort of thing.

colonel_moo
07-03-2006, 12:00 PM

sorry if this post has already been beaten to a stick in this thread, but i was too pissed off the continue reading.

i dont even know where to start. i dont understand how you think just because a gun looks like an AK means its as sturdy as an AK. also, my guns have never really broken on me in game. i dont know what "pea shooter" speedball guns you are, but it obviously wansnt anything good. the only thing ive actually seen BREAK was a shocker feedneck, just because, well, that always happens :) . also, if you get dirt in any gun, its probably not going to break right away... it might cause some long term internal scarring, but if you ever watched a NPPL tournament during the rain, you see players sliding through giant puddles of mud, and the gun continues working fine. also, alot of high end guns dont even have any exposed moving parts, so you could just avoid getting dirt in your gun alltogether that way. again, i donno what your sources are for this information. and about shooting farther, care to explain? how is a paintball traveling at the same velocity out of two different guns going to differ in the range without putting some kind of spin on the ball? and even if you have a flatline or apex barrel, and you are trying to shoot someone 300 yards away, even if you CAN hit them, do you really expect the ball to break? just because it travels farther doesnt mean the paintball isnt going to slow down at the same rate, and by the end of a paintball's arced path across field with any normal gun, its rare for the ball to break at max range. i think the only valid point you presented was the fact that high end guns have flashy annodizing. however, my matrix is flat black.

so to sum up, you should probably check your sources instead of posting a bunch of "special ops" propaganda that you've been reading about and stop assuming any gun that looks real is going to perform better. its just that, they look real. im not saying the gun this guy posted is bad, im sure its a blast to play with if you're into that sort of thing.

vikingshadow
07-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Druid - I'm not sure that you directed any of your post to me, but just in case, it's my turn! :D

I was responding to what Ace had indicated that to play scenario you HAD to have a marker like that as opposed to a wimpy little "pea-shooter" and that was all and as such hit every one of his "cons" for speedball guns. I never said milsim guns weren't good guns, but I wanted to let it be known to him, to you and to whoever cares one way of the other - that speedball guns -including the Shocker that you mentioned, Druid - would work just as well in a scenario as it does for speedball. I wasn't trying to fan the fires of controversy here. Just debating a post. Period.

But, since it was brought up, snobbery and elitism exists in every area of paintball. I believe that it's just as prominant in scenario and woodsball as it is in tournament speedball - although most of us only see the tournament side. A lot of the time, I feel that woodsball players play the snobbery and elitism card even more so because they feel they're "attacked" by speedball players. I've even see elitism and snobbery in pump forums, in one form or other! (Please, it's important to me that you know that I'm not elitist, I hope, and this post is not meant to show that.) Now, that doesn't mean everyone feels that same way, but some people feel it's important to defend themselves when they feel their particular brand of ball is under scrutiny. Some go a little too far, I believe.

However, in a Dragonesque-type post, I think it's good that you don't care one way or the other, because as you and I both know other people's opinions are like the back side of a skunk - they all stink. But, based on your last post, methinks you do mind just a little bit, because it seems to bring out the fight in ya! ;) <<<--- Just playing with ya there. Go get em, tiger!

Ace24
07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
. You can't do that with 100% effectiveness, unless you drag around with the same weight and hardships our soldiers do or did...nor can you appreciate their sacrifices for our freedoms they protect.

Well spoken and that is the point I was trying to get across. There is a realisim aspect to the guns that you just dont get with the lighter paintball looking markers. There is an incredible feeling when you hold one and your in a scenario game that you dont get with IONs and spyders on speedball fields and such... It doesnt feel the same...:(

I have sources and I have seen things on the field and have handled some things that you guys might have never handled before. I am saying in my experience, the guns that were meant and made for scenario games hold up better in really bad weather conditions and grime and humidity. I have seen buildup on the inside of specific markers that I wont meantion that didnt happen with a gun that costs less (the scenario guns). I am just trying to say that in my experience, the scenario markers are the better thing to have for the scenario games. Unless you do some SERIOUS modding to Spyders or Tippmans. (The MR series is an exception for the Spyder series. GOOO MR'S!)

vikingshadow
07-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Well spoken and that is the point I was trying to get across. There is a realisim aspect to the guns that you just dont get with the lighter paintball looking markers. There is an incredible feeling when you hold one and your in a scenario game that you dont get with IONs and spyders on speedball fields and such... It doesnt feel the same...:(

Ok, now that's a better post regarding this topic. I can understand what you're meaning a lot more than the one I was referring to before. When put this way, I can see why a scenario baller would use this type of gun over a "speedball" gun. When playing a scenario, I suppose the player is trying to be more realistic to the actual event - like a Civil War reenactor will have the uniform, the rifle, rucksack, etc to make it more realistic.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I have sources and I have seen things on the field and have handled some things that you guys might have never handled before. I am saying in my experience, the guns that were meant and made for scenario games hold up better in really bad weather conditions and grime and humidity. I have seen buildup on the inside of specific markers that I wont meantion that didnt happen with a gun that costs less (the scenario guns). I am just trying to say that in my experience, the scenario markers are the better thing to have for the scenario games. Unless you do some SERIOUS modding to Spyders or Tippmans. (The MR series is an exception for the Spyder series. GOOO MR'S!)
I'm sorry, but I'd love to see one of your scenario markers hold up to the beating I put my markers through. :rolleyes:

Ace24
07-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes... exactly. Not to be snooty or stuck up or anything, but alot of kids havent played scenario games or REAL woods ball games before. They dont understand how a gun like that gives you an extra feeling that you just dont get with a regular game. You get this aderoline pumping feeling that makes you want to play harder, work with your team better, take control and lead your team to victory. (I am talking from personal experience and what happened with me when I used a modded M4A1 Scenario marker with my 3 friends and our small group took out the team and I lead the commands and we got the package and won)

Ace24
07-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry, but I'd love to see one of your scenario markers hold up to the beating I put my markers through. :rolleyes:

Would people stop taking this sh** so personally! I am not putting down any markers I am just putting up statisitcs that I have observed on the actual field of play. I also hate to break it to you, but the scenario markers are meant to put up with a beating. Thats why they are reinforced and made the way they are. Thats another reason why they are so heavy, the extra stuff and additions to make sure the gun can deal with being smacked around.

I dont want to see this topic be turned into, "My gun is better then yours and this is why" kinda stuff. I am trying to word things so that you can understand why my opinion stands the way it does.

I get so sick of seeing and hearing, "My gun could kick your guns ass" at paintball fields and on here. It isnt the gun, its the player and how you play the game. I have seen (take yesterday at NVP for example) a kid get chased down by a walmart Brass eagle semi, and the kid got owned.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
And possibly you should learn... I live by RAP and have gone to several of their events to try out their markers and their competitors'. Almost every time I broke something. I put my markers through hell, and expect them to be there when I need them. Just so happens that my SPEEDBALL markers are and the woodsball/scenario guns aren't. The reinforcement is BS. They smack a rail and a bunch of accessories on. That's all. My observations are from what I have personally tried, not seen happen from across the field. :) My play style is such where I almost never get out, and I need a marker that's accurate and fast enough to keep up. The scenario guns don't cut it there.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I dont see how you figure the scenario guns arnt fast and accurate... They shoot up to 35bps (the M4A1) and idk what guns you tried, but they were obvously not the kind I am speaking of. The kind I am talking of that my local pro shop owns and that I HAVE USED (I dont know where you got the impression I got shot from across the field by one or saw it happen across the field, you obvously dont read very carefully when I said IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.) do not break when put to the test and will hold up better then MOST markers. I highly doubt you broke them because you would be fined for testing them out and breaking them in the first place. If what you speak of is true, you would be at least 1k poorer from the damages you caused to the guns. Since you say GUNS in plural.

I honestly dont believe you have even held or put one through the "Style of playing" that you do.

Another thing is they dont just smack a sight rail on and accesory areas. If you take the gun apart you will find that the body is huge, and all metal. I work at NVP and I go to the proshop (in the same complex as the playing field) and field stip those guns all the time when someone brings one in to be repaired to checked out. (some people these days are to lazy to even oil their own guns, its pathetic.)

bigred76
07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I am not putting down any markers I am just putting up statisitcs that I have observed on the actual field of play.
That is what I was reading.

I have tried: RAP4, T68, MG65, WG75, SIM4, SIM5, Special Ops Longbow, Broadsword, Dagger, Engler's Sten, AK, Tommy A5, almost all the configurations of a "sniper" A5 and M98, and some of OpsGear's set-ups. I'm personally tired of argueing, so, truce?

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:02 PM
For those whom havent seen these type of markers before, here are some:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1904_17391806

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1905_3023479

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1905_3038300

This is the M4A1 that I have used, only it had an e-trigger:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1903_3580257

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1903_3598829

Those are just examples... I have seen M60's before, MG42's before, shotguns, IW-80's, STG-77's, G-36's, and many others. I am to lazy to find pictures of them though.

Canadian725Xx
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
does this count for the biggest debate on these forums ever lol jk

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:04 PM
That is what I was reading.

I have tried: RAP4, T68, MG65, WG75, SIM4, SIM5, Special Ops Longbow, Broadsword, Dagger, Engler's Sten, AK, Tommy A5, almost all the configurations of a "sniper" A5 and M98, and some of OpsGear's set-ups. I'm personally tired of argueing, so, truce?

I am saying I dont believe you, because you said you broke them. I would like to see how you broke them unless you dropped them off a 3 story building onto concrete. I would also like to know how much the fined you for breaking their $400+ guns. I would like to know how a 16 yr old payed for all the broken guns? I would also like to know how you played with all of those on the field with your "way of playing." Because any dealership wouldnt let you test their guns on the field witout buying them first. They let you stand up and fire them at targets. But that is it.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 03:07 PM
ace im sorry, i warned you that i was being excessively nice in my rebutles so now im not going to be.

speedball guns are the EXACT same thing as "scenario guns" minus 12 pounds of useless metal that adds looks. they fuction the same at much lower prices. and the ones with comparable prices shoot MUCH better than whatever the pile markers are that you keep reccommending without ever shooting. you insist you know everything when it is quite clear that you know nothing, if you repent in your "know-it-all" ways of speaking and humble yourself to the fact that you are new, then we will accept you but frankly you are getting out of hand with over the top statements with no knowlege. i will admit i came in the same way as you and i do fully regret it, as someone who has traveled the path i have to say now, give up.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I am saying I dont believe you, because you said you broke them. I would like to see how you broke them unless you dropped them off a 3 story building onto concrete. I would also like to know how much the fined you for breaking their $400+ guns. I would like to know how a 16 yr old payed for all the broken guns? I would also like to know how you played with all of those on the field with your "way of playing." Because any dealership wouldnt let you test their guns on the field witout buying them first. They let you stand up and fire them at targets. But that is it.
I guess you wont let this rest. I have friends that are into scenario ball and let me borrow their markers. About HALF the markers I listed I have used in a game, and by saying "broken" I mean it stops working. I don't care enough to go into each individual reason why. If I did, I'd have another long post that you'd blow over and turn against me even though it would be obvious it was shoddy manufactureing, not me, that caused the marker to break. Let's leave it there before you get ***** hurt.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I am not speaking without knowledge on this. I HAVE fired the guns, and I have experience with this subject. But for the sake of time and boredom with repeating myself 300 times, I do give up. I am just trying to put my personal opinion across.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I am not speaking without knowledge on this. I HAVE fired the guns, and I have experience with this subject. But for the sake of time and boredom with repeating myself 300 times, I do give up. I am just trying to put my personal opinion across.
so youve shot all of these and still insist that they are a better purchase because they LOOK like real firearms when something of a comparable price doesnt look cool but is far more reliable consistant, and faster

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I guess you wont let this rest. I have friends that are into scenario ball and let me borrow their markers. About HALF the markers I listed I have used in a game, and by saying "broken" I mean it stops working. I don't care enough to go into each individual reason why. If I did, I'd have another long post that you'd blow over and turn against me even though it would be obvious it was shoddy manufactureing, not me, that caused the marker to break. Let's leave it there before you get ***** hurt.

Then dont use the term BROKE in your post. If its not broken, then there is nothing wrong with the marker. It stopped working possibly because it was inproperly maintained. There is a reason why all makers stop working. Just to let you know, I dont get ***** hurt. I live in upstate NY and have been through alot more then alot of rich 16 yr olds in other parts of the united states. I am also very stubborn (I blame it on my German/Irish background). But for the sake of not being kicked from the forums for *****ing out someone about something so stupid. I will let this rest.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
so youve shot all of these and still insist that they are a better purchase because they LOOK like real firearms when something of a comparable price doesnt look cool but is far more reliable consistant, and faster

For my personal preference, those guns are better then the other guns you speak of, yes. I have had no problem with reliability and the issues that people are bringing up. Probably because the ones I have fired are properly maintained. Reliablilty is all in the person who maintains the guns. Any gun will break down if not properly kept.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Whoa, you're Irish German too? LOL, that might be our fundamental problem right there!

Btw, I'm far from rich...and live in just about the same quality of town as you do.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Rofl... I hate my nationality for 2 reasons...

1. I sunburn really easily
2. I am stubborn as an ox

bigred76
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Sounds familiar! LOL! You know, mebbe we should just put this behind us and agree that we have differing opinions. We simply like different types of markers. Neither is better than the other, but both pwn Brass Eagles. ;)
Deal?

phatphil
07-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm getting a kick out of Ace's posts :dodgy:.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
:D Glad I am entertaining people.

vikingshadow
07-03-2006, 04:06 PM
does this count for the biggest debate on these forums ever lol jk

LOL - not quite. You weren't around for the ramping vs semi, woods vs speed, this gun vs that gun debates....give it a few more pages though...

UKwithPride
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Whoa, you're Irish German too? LOL, that might be our fundamental problem right there!

Btw, I'm far from rich...and live in just about the same quality of town as you do.
I hardly call San Jose a quality town. :dodgy:
Much <3 from a fellow nor*cal.....er, lol.

Plus, there hockey team BLOWS.

Ace24
07-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I hardly call San Jose a quality town. :dodgy:
Much <3 from a fellow nor*cal.....er, lol.

Plus, there hockey team BLOWS!

Way to try to cover that up... lol

But Rochester is the #33 largest city in the US... and we are #2 or 3 (something like that) for the homicide and crime rate in the US. We had 58 killings last year. Its not a really high quality town... but the area I live in has houses that go for $250,000-500,000

Just getting a little off topic there...

druid
07-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Druid - I'm not sure that you directed any of your post to me, but just in case, it's my turn! :D

No Vike...I was not referring to you at all. In fact, 9/10 times I agree with what you say on any given day on the many, varied topics we both post in. I was responding to Tim...who likes to start **** storms and sit back and watch the aftermath.

........ -including the Shocker that you mentioned, Druid - would work just as well in a scenario as it does for speedball. I wasn't trying to fan the fires of controversy here. Just debating a post. Period.

I absolutely agree. Not everyone has the spare <$700 for a scenario marker...and even if they did, decided never to buy one. I have no problem 'fighting' with...or against...another player just because their gear isn't Milsim. They shoot what they shoot and that's it. I'm glad they are there because if 1. they aren't backing me up, 2. they are my targets.

But, since it was brought up, snobbery and elitism .......(Please, it's important to me that you know that I'm not elitist, I hope, and this post is not meant to show that.)

I never thought that of you in the slightest.

However, in a Dragonesque-type post, I think it's good that you don't care one way or the other, because as you and I both know other people's opinions are like the back side of a skunk - they all stink. But, based on your last post, methinks you do mind just a little bit, because it seems to bring out the fight in ya! ;) <<<--- Just playing with ya there. Go get em, tiger!

Not really. Tim has this bad habit...he posts a reply, knowing I'm in pain from therapy earlier that day...just to enrage/inflame me...and IM's me the link. He does it all the time. I deleted what I originally posted because it was really bad. Dragon would have 'choked-up' on the ban stick and nailed a home run. Plus...my knee-jerk response was not as well-thought out as the one that appears a page back.

Pffft....you can't even get a BL Torp out of a VA without using a vice and scarring it for life...who are you trying to kid? I put it in by hand...you needed a bench-vice and vice grips....please...

...I have friends that are into scenario ball and let me borrow their markers. About HALF the markers I listed I have used in a game, and by saying "broken" I mean it stops working. I don't care enough to go into each individual reason why.
That's not a hard one to decipher...your friends don't take care of their gear and it craps out when YOU use it...leaving you biased and skewed against them.
If I did, I'd have another long post that you'd blow over and turn against me even though it would be obvious it was shoddy manufactureing, not me, that caused the marker to break. Oh please, spare us your diatribe. I traded you 2 markers for your M98. That gun was...and still is, in fantastic condition (a tribute to your maintenance ethics). If you play so hard...why is the finish unmarred? Because you aren't as hard on your gear as your buddies...and NOT as rough on it as you'd lead members HERE to believe. Remember...we speak ALOT on the phone...don't even TRY....Let's leave it there before you get ***** hurt.

Yes.....let's

Ace24
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
ROFL! I knew it... he was playing the game of bull-sh**!

Ace24
07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
This almost makes me want to buy the M4 milsim.

http://myspace-702.vo.llnwd.net/00617/20/78/617348702_l.jpg

That chick used that gun in speedball outdoors and owned my friend 7 times in the face. It was kinda scary haha.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 11:28 PM
So what if I prod you into posting... If I didn't you'd be a hermit. :D

You bring up my first marker which left my hands over 3/4 of a year ago (I still miss that baby...:bawling:)? Pssh, I took care of that gun better than any other one I have owned because it was my first gun. I was afraid to scratch it lmao! And yes, I do take care of my markers.... I just do it off the field. Half the time I clean/work on my friends markers for them because I like doing it. So these markers are in good shape, then I take them out on the field to have them crap out on me. Not cool because I stayed up late the night before in most cases tuning that marker into a fine purr.

...And that Torp? Doesn't help that you put over 20 wraps of teflon on it. :dodgy: You try working on stuff like that after having moved over 3 glu-lams in school that day. Oh yeah, that's right... You can't move stuff now because of your shoulder so you wouldn't know how it is!
[/attack on Druid.]

Yes Ace, I'd take everything in that picture right there. :D

druid
07-03-2006, 11:43 PM
This almost makes me want to buy the M4 milsim.
That chick used that gun in speedball outdoors and owned my friend 7 times in the face. It was kinda scary haha.

dude....she could own me anyw......POP......nvm.......

So what if I prod you into posting... If I didn't you'd be a hermit. :D

dude...I've been a hermit longer than you've been alive..pishaw :hand:

You bring up my first marker which left my hands over 3/4 of a year ago (I still miss that baby...:bawling:)? Pssh, I took care of that gun better than any other one I have owned because it was my first gun. I was afraid to scratch it lmao! And yes, I do take care of my markers.... I just do it off the field. Half the time I clean/work on my friends markers for them because I like doing it. So these markers are in good shape, then I take them out on the field to have them crap out on me. Not cool because I stayed up late the night before in most cases tuning that marker into a fine purr.

Awww.....and I'm turning it into a what?? a Milsim?? muhahahahaha....sweet justice.....

...And that Torp? Doesn't help that you put over 20 wraps of teflon on it. :dodgy: You try working on stuff like that after having moved over 3 glu-lams in school that day. Oh yeah, that's right... You can't move stuff now because of your shoulder so you wouldn't know how it is!
[/attack on Druid.]

PFFFFFT....yer weak...admit it. I tricep more with this surgery than you do after 12 hours of refreshing sleep...and 2 doses of steroids :D

Yes Ace, I'd take everything in that picture right there. :D

man......she's a cutie...I wonder if she could be my physical therapist?? :D :D

bigred76
07-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Whatever, old man. I'm not weak, and you know it. Hell, I bet you could almost get a glulam onto your shoulders before it made you into a pancake. :D

I'd hurt myself to have that chick as a physical therapist. ;)

splaturout
07-04-2006, 04:52 AM
:rolleyes: All of this because I mentioned that we don't need another gun that looks like a real gun. Interesting.

Canadian725Xx
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM
This is great and EWWWWWWW lol that chick with the gun had nice cleavage but man shes ugly:p

bigred76
07-05-2006, 10:40 AM
She's hott, but don't mention that "C" word. ;)

"This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 26 seconds."
Stupid time limit because I forgot to post here before I went off to another thread...

colonel_moo
07-05-2006, 12:30 PM
LOL - not quite. You weren't around for the ramping vs semi, woods vs speed, this gun vs that gun debates....give it a few more pages though...

none of those stack up against the "plane on a treadmill" debate. that one got hostile.

Ace24
07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
This is great and EWWWWWWW lol that chick with the gun had nice cleavage but man shes ugly:p
The picture doesn't give her much credit. She was a lot hotter in person. Especially seeing her thong pop up when she bent down in a crouch position to fire... *sigh* one heck of a day.

none of those stack up against the "plane on a treadmill" debate. that one got hostile.
Someone put a plane on a treadmill? What?

marvin-martian
07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Someone put a plane on a treadmill? What?
it was a debate on whether or not a plane would take off on a treadmill

claustrophobia9
07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
it was a debate on whether or not a plane would take off on a treadmill
it really depended on your definition of the treadmill in question. if it was just the normal belt it wouldnt, if it was a wind tunnel type treadmill it would take off. it also depended on the amount of thrust that the engines produced. more is more likely to lift, less is less likely to lift, it was opened closed but people kept arguing between those two topics. essentially it was alot just over a personal identification of a word

vikingshadow
07-05-2006, 07:21 PM

Oh, man! I forgot about that one totally! That one went on and on and was definitely hostile. I must have blanked that one on purpose. I think it finally died with the death of KUSA.....

yamaha cow
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah the MG42 is the turret placement gun. I saw a video of one on video.google.com (search paintball and turn date to recent, you should see it in caption "MG42 PAINTBALL GUN")

--------EDIT----- I put the link, so you that dont want to search, can watch it
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2630081652583171994&q=Paintball

Its heavy as a biatch, but it pumps something like 40 paintballs a second with a paintball well of around 1000 paintballs. (at least the ones i have seen, depending on the owner it might be less or more, depending on upgrades)

Its only usefull in scenario games that require you to hold something down for hours at a time where there are over 200 people playing and many rush you at once. Its pretty impressive to watch. Check the link above^^

yes i know its heavy i had to carry the ting but this 1 wasn't a crank it was fully auto egriped 98custom. and i know i would rather have a spyder or something like that not a big heavy piece of *** i like my MR1.

Ace24
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Was it fun to fire though? I thought it was when I used it lol. People ran away from me lol.

splaturout
07-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Why don't we just put a Harrier on the treadmill....It totally would just take off. Or better yet...doesn't taking off have something to do with lift (air traveling father over the top of the wing vs under the wing?) So that would be one heck of a treadmill. Are you really serious, someone actually started a thread and argued over that? Wow. What we really need is a fighter jet that fires PBs at 1000 pbs. Then it wouldn't matter where is too off from. You would just be painted one color and I would win...whatcha think.:D

Ace24
07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I find it amazing that people are that stupid to believe that it would take off on a tread mill. You need WIND to pass over the wings, with none of that and it just rolling in the same place on a tread mill, it wont work. Thats pretty sad. I think people failed physics class.

marvin-martian
07-06-2006, 11:08 AM
ace, i think people were arguing if the plane would go normal speed, or stay in place. everyone agreed that it had to be moving to take off.

Ace24
07-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Ohhh.... I thought you meant take off on the tread mill lol.

yamaha cow
07-06-2006, 04:21 PM
the people didn't run from me they where cut down

Ace24
07-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Owch... I can't say I have ever been shot by one. But from firing it and hearing the screams people made when 6 balls hit them almost at once... it sounds pretty painful.