PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Or Pilot ACS

TheObserver032
07-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, im about to buy my first paintball gun and wondering wether to go with the Imagine or the Pilot ACS. I really dont know much on how to fix them if a problem occurs, so a user friendlier gun is probaly what im going for :)

druid
07-01-2006, 10:28 AM
they're equally user friendly because they are essentially the same. Kingman doesn't change the operation of their markers much...just the eye candy.
Pilots have had some problems with their back-caps breaking. I'd say go Imagine and just put the ACS bolt in it.

ooglieboogliebob
07-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Refurbished Imagine ... FTW ... if you just read these threads a little .. you'll be familiar with the imagine in no time ... spyder's are not really that hard to understand ... very very easy to maintain ... and proper maintainance will do you a lot of good :)

Hob Hayward
07-02-2006, 08:00 AM
they're equally user friendly because they are essentially the same. Kingman doesn't change the operation of their markers much...just the eye candy.
Pilots have had some problems with their back-caps breaking. I'd say go Imagine and just put the ACS bolt in it.

Well thing is, if he gets a non-defective pilot, it'd be better than just the imagine, better board, and the ACS bolt for ~the same price right now, unless you got a refurb imagine.

So, I'd say get the pilot, but keep in mind that they're only 110$ off the right website.

druid
07-02-2006, 09:25 AM
true...but do I want to be theone he blames when if he gets a defective one?? ^.^ neeewwwpppp....lol

TheObserver032
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
how do i know if the pilot is defective?

druid
07-02-2006, 11:15 AM
exactly.....you don't...until you use it for a while and the bolt hits the back-plate hard enough to break it. Then you have to go the "call Kingman" route to get repair satisfaction....

Avoid it all together and get the Imagine...or the NEW Sonix...that one's sexy and will attract all the Wood Nymphs to you like you have a super-pheromone

ooglieboogliebob
07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
pilots tended for the back piece (striker bolt plug) to be flimsy ... and the ACS sticks out too far and continuously hits that back piece ... soon it snaps off ... and hits you in the face .. (why you always wear your goggles !!!)

I'v heard that the pilot now comes without a piece in the back ... but i think that's pretty dumb ... they should atleast mill it cool :)

I'd just say go for the refurb imagine .. then slap an acs bolt on ... safe the money you would have spent on the pilot ... and get yourself an electro loader ... win win :)

ross * pilot
07-02-2006, 03:04 PM
wait, all pilot acs will eventually break that part off in the back???? wha wha??

WhatThaSmurf
07-02-2006, 03:07 PM
No, just some of them, don't get your britches in a bunch. :dodgy:

Sandman_Bravo
07-03-2006, 04:13 AM
I got one of the milled down dust covers before they went to no cover at all & it works fine. You could always just file down the inside of the cap itself where it sticks into the bolt tube, leaving only about 1/4 " that sticks inside.

vwjimmy
07-03-2006, 05:48 PM
get the Pilot....cut off the top half of the back and grind it smooth.....
now it ain't defective!!!!! lol