PDA

View Full Version : Getting New gun

TheObserver032
06-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, i have played paintball for the past month (using store rentals :D ) and decided its time to get a gun and supplys for my own. I have looked very deeply into the pilot acs because its pretty cheap, it sounds like its user freindly for a beginner, and alot of reviews i have read have ranked it high. Do u guys think this gun is a wise choice for me, and if so what should i get to make sure i get the full potential outta the gun without really upgrading it. Thanx :)

P.S. Im kinda on a short budget :(

ooglieboogliebob
06-30-2006, 07:41 PM
well ... spyder's done differ much unless you have aftermarket products on it ... if you can buy it online .. then i would suggest buying this:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=nMEBmOQJkTsB46CscE3BMO7dOYG0RGW4nxQ=?Pro ductID=U6nAqArbaX4AAAECOqgmO6LC

Or if you need a package .. this:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=nMEBmOQJkTsB46CscE3BMO7dOYG0RGW4nxQ=?Pro ductID=ZsDAqArbd0UAAAELMKWSKpZ%2e

Although you are going to need to do two essential upgrades ... which may cost between a grand total of 50-100 dollars ...

One - Getting an electro loader that goes atleast 13bps

Two - Getting a barrel .. (teardrop, progressive, CP one piece, J&J ceramic, All American barrel .. so on)

Besides that ... unless you want to ... upgrade the feedneck on the thing ... and besides that your all good to go :) If you really like the gun you can go LP ... or get a new gun

TheObserver032
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Ok that helps, got any specific brands of e hoppers, i think i was looking around 40-50 dollars for 1.

bamf-hacker
06-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I would look at a Viewloader Revolution loader for around that much new. If you are willing to go used you can get an Evolution for that. Either will do fine for you, the latter is better if you are planing to upgrade in the future to a t-boarded e-frame or a different gun entirely.

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
06-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Revvy's (VL revolution) are sturdier than Eggy's (VL Evolution) ... rather would recommend buying one of those used ...

TheObserver032
07-01-2006, 09:12 AM
How about a new Empire Reloader Hopper?

ooglieboogliebob
07-01-2006, 07:01 PM
reloader II or reloader B are great loaders ... go for either !!! :)

If you don't like used items .. just go for the new ... i personally like used items since they save you money