PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

SniperX
06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
2006 Suzuki SV 650s got a great deal on it after they messed up and couldnt get me the naked one, they gave it to me for the naked price and threw in a free helmet, gloves and tie downs and discounts for the rest of my life at the dealership. the bike is really fun to ride and its forgiving.. its GREAT for new riders and great on the pocket and insurence and has sum great mid to low end power and its torquey (sp?) heres a pic of it in the garage last nite after i brought it home.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/raven44418/Jun29_001.jpg

all i need is sum frame sliders, a tank pad and sum riding/racing boots and sum nice kevlar jeans and im good to go. oh and yeah MSF course in bout a week. Let me know what you all think... :D

ricochet08
06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
i like it :D

bamf-hacker
06-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Grats on the bike!

I unfortunately will not be getting one anytime soon (even though I want one) My wife was hit by a motorcycle and my father wrecked his :(

HacKeR

leed
06-30-2006, 06:34 PM
You should get carbon fiber jeans... :dodgy:

LOL, was it Dre who skidded off his bike? Or Dragon.. Or maybe Dex.. I can't remember.. To man D-mods...

Anyways, nice bike, how much did it run you for? I want a bike myself, but it will have to wait for a while.

SniperX
06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
around 7 grand.. im buying full leather also.. after having a couple friends die from being squids and having watched and seen wut happens to sum1 from 50 - 180mph.. it aint pretty, i aint gonna be a squid but i know i will prolly low side or high side *down it* the bike sum time.. its bound to happen.

newkid
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
NICE, my brother has a motorcycle....hehe....an 82 Kawasaki ltd 550, talk about a peice of junk every time hes done riding it it leaks about a quart of oil and it needs engine work and what my uncle says there are those who have wrecked a motorcycle and those who will

03TiburonGT
06-30-2006, 07:17 PM
:

LOL, was it Dre who skidded off his bike? Or Dragon.. Or maybe Dex.. I can't remember.. To man D-mods...

Greeny maybe?

timmyshoota
06-30-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Greeny.

My friend had a 2000 SV650S. It was a Canadian spec, because the SV650S didn't come to the states until 2001. Weird thing is when I look up those bikes, they are all circle headlights like on a cruiser, but his was the same style headlight as yours. They look uber funny in pics, like they are missing stuff, but in person they look good.

SniperX
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
the ones that have the round headlights are the "naked" versions so there called the SV650 the one your friend and i have are the "sport" versions and those are called the SV650S. The only difference other then cosmetic is clip ons vs tubular straight handle bars , gear ratio *SV650S has higher top speed*, and wheel base *the naked has about a half inch longer wheel base* , and finnaly the rear sets on the sport are 1 inch higher and 1 inch back then the naked version.

DRAGON
07-02-2006, 04:39 PM
It was Greeney that spilt his scooter and I think it was within the first or second week he had it. I have had a few close calls but been fortunate enough to come out of them w/o even a scratch on my scooter. Nice lil scooter there Sniper. Please be careful, there are old ladies, people with cell phones, truck drivers(that can't see you) that have no idea of their immediate surroundings lol. BTW, is that a female bike? She seems to be spotting - :smirk:

Spoolinup
07-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Those are sweet bikes! I ran one the other night, guy had a chameleon paint job on it. Can't beat those bikes, like you said, for the $ all the way around.

MatthewTheTheif
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
how much do you pay for insurance?

cause if the bike was $7k, and insurance is decent, i might be able to convince my parents to let me get one (once im gone and on my own)

timmyshoota
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
how much do you pay for insurance?

cause if the bike was $7k, and insurance is decent, i might be able to convince my parents to let me get one (once im gone and on my own)
I think once you've moved out you shouldn't have to convince your parents to let you get one. Thats when you get to start making your own decisions.

MatthewTheTheif
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
yes, but "moving out" means im out of the house, im not completely on my own, they are still going to pay for alot of my stuff, so i need to follow some rules

SniperX
07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
It was Greeney that spilt his scooter and I think it was within the first or second week he had it. I have had a few close calls but been fortunate enough to come out of them w/o even a scratch on my scooter. Nice lil scooter there Sniper. Please be careful, there are old ladies, people with cell phones, truck drivers(that can't see you) that have no idea of their immediate surroundings lol. BTW, is that a female bike? She seems to be spotting - :smirk:

yeah been hit allready by those old ladies.. WITH OUT being on a bike and just being at my job, i expeccialy like the Young Female Driver Talking On a Cell Phone While Putting On Make up/ looking into her passanger Side Mirror While Running a Parking Lot Stop Sign and Allmost Hitting Me and Then Giving Me The Bird one. And yeah shes a female bike.. notice shes half naked too.. you all know u like that.. ;)

Sandman_Bravo
07-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah, be careful. My last ride was an 87 GSXR 750. I started riding bikes at age 11, raced moto-cross thru high school, and had several road bikes in my twenties- so I'm no novice. Anyway, this GSXR was totally tricked out(stage 3 jet kit, air pods, Vance & Hines exhaust, ignition advancer, etc.) and I had lots of close calls with "caged drivers". What made me sell it was one day this lady in a minivan, on a country road, puts on her right turn signal and I'm coming up from behind real fast. I slow from whatever to around 70 and plan on verring to the left when she turns right, but she doesn't- she turns left into a ice cream stand and my anticipated path. I locked it up (so she stops dead in my path) then snapped right still at high speed and go in and out of the ditch. Luckily it was a slow rolling shoulder and shallow ditch. When I got home I was white as a sheet and my wife and I decided it was time for this expecting father to give up the sport bike.
Moral of the story; yeah I was riding too fast. But you're going to do that, right? That's why you bought that type bike not a full dress touring or a cruiser in all honesty. So unless you're on a closed course, you're putting yourself and others at risk. Lastly, there are drivers out there that not only don't respect you on a bike, but actually dislike you and will go out of thier way to cut you off or **** with you. So, enjoy but be CAREFUL.

DRAGON
07-03-2006, 03:40 AM
..........Lastly, there are drivers out there that not only don't respect you on a bike, but actually dislike you and will go out of thier way to cut you off or **** with you. So, enjoy but be CAREFUL.

Heh, good story here. I'm trying to get out of a town(Ann Arbor, Mi) full of traffic, one way streets everywhere, in a mile long construction zone, on a bike that's air cooled(Harley) not water cooled on a 95* day and the oil tank is essentially burning my leg wearing Levi's lol. Some asshat is making sure he's intentionally riding my rear fender(about 1 ft back) with the bumper of his car. I catch eye contact with him in my rear view mirror first of all. He doesn't catch the drift so I turn around and look him straight in the eyes. He still continues on my fender as we slowly move forward as the light ahead lets a few cars at a time through then changes to red. I catches eye contact with him once again in my rear view mirror and he has this smirk on his face. That was it, I turned my scoot off, put the kick stand down, got off the bike and walked back to his car as he rolled his window up lol. I yelled at him with my face in his window to, "stay the **** off my ass!" He stayed a good 1/2 car length away from me thereafter. Once we hit the light I went straight and he turned on the entrance ramp to the expressway. As he turned he was beeping his horn, yelling and flipped me the bird lol. Why didn't he do that when we were waiting patiently to get through the light? Ya, some people resent bikes for no aparent reason and will deffinately mess with you -

WhatThaSmurf
07-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Lastly, there are drivers out there that not only don't respect you on a bike, but actually dislike you and will go out of thier way to cut you off or **** with you.
I was riding in my friend's 92 5.0 Mustang GT Police Interceptor, and this little crotch rocket goes flying by (long, straight two-laner with a median). Well go and catch him in no time, and then the bike and my friend slow way down. Well, the Stang killed it, but after that we cruised along side him for a bit with him on my side, and he was a really cool guy (we were going the speed limit then, so I could talk to him). I did used to have an idea in my head that people on those little sports bike were kinda cocky and jerkish, but I guess I just had to talk to one.

Sandman_Bravo
07-04-2006, 09:45 AM
People are people, and you are bound to run across jackasses in any recreational sport/activity. But in all the years I was involved in racing and motorcycles, 90% of the enthusiasts were friendly, helpful, well mannered people. That whole "outlaw" "renegade" image is a Hollywood spawned farse.

timmyshoota
07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
I was riding in my friend's 92 5.0 Mustang GT Police Interceptor, and this little crotch rocket goes flying by (long, straight two-laner with a median). Well go and catch him in no time, and then the bike and my friend slow way down. Well, the Stang killed it, but after that we cruised along side him for a bit with him on my side, and he was a really cool guy (we were going the speed limit then, so I could talk to him). I did used to have an idea in my head that people on those little sports bike were kinda cocky and jerkish, but I guess I just had to talk to one.
That Mustang must have some serious work done to it. 600s will kill most street cars from a roll. 1000s will destroy just about all cars on the street. Either the Mustang runs low 10s or the biker sucks at riding.

WhatThaSmurf
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
It was a police car, so it did have some serious engine work done on it. It chirps on every single gear.

Spoolinup
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I've killed every 600 i've been against, and beaten the two 1000's from a 15mph roll...never ran them off the line though, i'm sure they'd kill me off the line, on the street anyways. Track might be a different story, but can't really talk about that, as I haven't ran them at the track.

SniperX
07-04-2006, 06:19 PM
vid or shens, wut do u drive? unless you mean bikes?

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=5704

timmyshoota
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I've killed every 600 i've been against, and beaten the two 1000's from a 15mph roll...never ran them off the line though, i'm sure they'd kill me off the line, on the street anyways. Track might be a different story, but can't really talk about that, as I haven't ran them at the track.
Yeah, you better have a 1000hp Poopra to be beating 1000s. We are talking low 10sec bikes there. From a roll they'd be deadly.

SniperX
07-04-2006, 06:31 PM
my bike SV650 up there is a 3.5 second with the right rider. and its a 645cc V-twin with 70 horsepower look at those 600cc I4's with there 100+ horse power with the right rider there gone. the vid link i left is a lambo Vs a Ducati 999 *also a twin*

Victa_Balla
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
what makes a bike a "female" bike i know on pedal bikes female ones are the ones with the lowered crotch racker bar. But on a motorcycle?

Spoolinup
07-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah, you better have a 1000hp Poopra to be beating 1000s. We are talking low 10sec bikes there. From a roll they'd be deadly.

Well, haven't run it at a quartermile track (not one for about 75 miles), but have dynoed it. 491 rwhp and 559 rwtq in a 2600 lb vehicle. it's a .030" over 302 stang with a MP T70 boosting 12 psi. and yeah, if i did have a supra, those would prolly be the hp number's needed, but not with a foxbody. lol

durrell
07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I still dont even think that Supra's going to take a crotch rocket. I've seen Cobras take Supras with more horsepower than that.

Spoolinup
07-05-2006, 09:39 AM
I still dont even think that Supra's going to take a crotch rocket. I've seen Cobras take Supras with more horsepower than that.

I couldn't agree more! Supra's are dyno queens anyways...

splaturout
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Wasn't this about a bike? Like the bike! You can make that thing into a mean street fighter bike. We did it to a 98 honda 900RR, took off all the plastic parts (there are to many) had a custom "duck" looking rear added (no rear seat) converted the front lights to a single round light (similar to a Buell) and had a custom CF exhaust put on. It was discribed as (at Porky's, if you don't know about this place look it up. Car Craft, Motor Trend and other car mags have talked about it. It is in St. Paul MN) "That is the bike the devil would drive if he came to earth today. I wanted to do that to a SV650 but with the kid now money is little more tight.

Cool Bike and I know you will enjoy it.
:devil:

SniperX
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
lol i was wanting to make it a street fighter but my biker friends have issues bout that and i would stand out but standin out aint bad... I <3 streetfighters im just debating if i should keep the clip ons or go straight handle bars..

Victa_Balla
07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
So how do you tell if its female or not?

Spoolinup
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Sorry bout that guy, didn't mean to stray from the subject...it is a beautiful bike and i'm sure you'll have MORE than enough fun with it. Good luck with it, and be careful.

splaturout
07-06-2006, 04:34 AM
HANDLE BARS!!!!! to many bikes look the same..the bad thing about standing out though is the cops start to remember you....oops

Icedveins
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Looks pretty nice.

I've had my fair share of spills on bikes.

I did have a 'Busa for a little while, but it was WAY too much for me.

This is what I went to after the busa.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Jo060/gygix.jpg

SniperX
07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
nice bike, like your yosh pipe.. if u ever dump or total your bike sell me your front end if its in good shape lol