PDA

View Full Version : Gas Thru Grips/Expansion Chambers

Highbinder
06-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm new to adding aftermarket upgrades to my MR2. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about any possible hangups I might encounter trying to get a new gas thru grip. Just wondering if the threads on those parts are standard, or if they are different like barrel threads vary.
The plan is to take off my shroud and the grip, then throw on a gas thru grip so it will still look decent. Dye makes some sweet looking ones, but I just need to know what will work with this gun.

Highbinder
07-01-2006, 04:28 PM
73I ended up getting an expansion chamber. This is what my MR-2 looks like now with a DeadOn drop forward and the a 32degrees Bob Long style expansion chamber.
That's a 14" J&J Ceramic Barrel on there. After modding my drop forward, the gun is extremely well balanced with my hopper on.

ooglieboogliebob
07-01-2006, 06:46 PM
IMO ditch the expansion chamber .. put in a reg

Highbinder
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I would if there was a need for a reg, however, since the MR2 runs roughly at 800 psi and a tank generally puts out 800 psi, I don't see much point. I wouldn't have even got the expansion chamber except for the fact that I couldn't find just a plain foregrip to use in it's place. It looks allot better than what is on there stock after you take off the cover, that's for sure and that's all I really wanted, plus something better to grip.

breakxeggs
07-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Regs are really good for HPA not so much as good for CO2

Highbinder
07-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I use HPA, I just got it for the grip.

Hob Hayward
07-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, if you have HPA, a nice reg would would make you very consistent.

ooglieboogliebob
07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
.... With co2 you would have better consistancy with a reg also ...

You can sweetspot your reg .. and you can adjust your FPS more freely ... that adjuster knob barely adjusts any.... it's just for minor tweaking

It will help spikes .... and it's worth having