DRAGON
06-30-2006, 03:57 PM
So, tsup for the 4th......anything? - :cool:

Nader
06-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Watching Fireworks, and playing "uncomfortably close"
yay!

And maybe some ball. Wewt.

Colorado Springs is lame about setting off fireworks. Most we can have is like sparklers or something...hehe, except for the big shows, of course.

Edit: "Uncomfortably Close" = Laying on other peoples blankets like you're part of their family, hehe.

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that because of the drought we have a mandatory fire ban, so I think fireworks are out this year....but I could be wrong. Thing is, I haven't heard a single "pop" yet which is strange this time of year.

We'll probably do a family picnic then set up at a friend's house and watch the show that night.

durrell
06-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Go into town and watch the fireworks show at the mall probably..unless my family makes plans.

Sandman_Bravo
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I wanted to play but the ol lady wants a new window installed. If I can blast it out Saturday I'll go Sunday and play... in the ****ing rain! Oh well.

TheRedBarron
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Holding a evening (start at 6 pm) 1v1 at the field, topping off the evening with fireworks and a bon fire.\

err i mean we are not having fireworks which are not legal here in Maine.. thank god for NH having them legally.

DRAGON
06-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Colorado Springs is lame about setting off fireworks. Most we can have is like sparklers or something...hehe, except for the big shows, of course.

My county is strange like that. Across the causeway is Tampa where you can get any type of firework you want. Here(a few miles away) all you can get is sparklers, fountains and crap. The causeway is about a 5 mile strip maybe 150 yards wide between the 2 land masses that crosses the Tampa bay. Everybody here goes to Tampa and buys a ****load of fireworks and people from both sides park on both sides of the length of the causeway and blow off fireworks all night. It's actually better than the local displays because it seems to go on all night. No cops bother anyone unless they get outta line. I suppose the causeway may be considered, no man's land lol -

03TiburonGT
06-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Summer Nationals tomorrow and Sunday, party at a friend's house on Monday, dunno Tuesday.

For those of you wondering what summer nationals are, here's a little bit from an ad:

"The City of Worcester gives up it's downtown streets for parking and a wild Burn Out contest unlike anything seen anywhere! All this PLUS...

Controlled Burnouts
Flame Throwers
Lowriders
NSRA Inspections
Swap Meet Area
Manufacturers Exhibits
Dozens of Live Bands
50's Drive-in Theater
Miss Summer Nationals
Sophies Model Search

HotRod & Bike Drag Racing on Main Street
This Event Happens RAIN or SHINE

Cruise The City With Open Headers & Enjoy Life!"

heres a couple pics for you to get idea:

http://www.summernationals.com/05_images/downtown012.jpg

http://www.summernationals.com/04_images/04nat552.JPG

http://www.summernationals.com/05_images/burnout003.jpg

etc. etc.

ooglieboogliebob
06-30-2006, 07:35 PM
hmm.. 4th of july ... friend has a lot in store :) ... mortars ... roman candles ... fire crackers ... bottle rockets ... a bunch of stuff :)

of course they aren't "legal" here ... but a bunch of people just come down to watch it ... the local authorities never really said anything either so i think we're all good on that part :) (been doing this for 5 years so far)

DRAGON
06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Contrary to what some may beleive, cops are normal people just like us. May have a little superiority complex but normal. I'd suspect most of them realize that this is our countries independance day celebration. Unless you're destroying something, shooting off fireworks off in an unsafe manner or someone complains(ref: Mrs Kravits) they're most likely not going to bother you about it on the holiday. Geez, who knows? I'll bet even cops occasionally shoot off illegal fireworks lol -

durrell
06-30-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll bet even cops occasionally shoot off illegal fireworks lol -

Around here (boondocks) the Sherriff himself just enjoys the show..haha

bamf-hacker
06-30-2006, 08:03 PM
The 4th of July... Humm what are we doing?

Changing diapers and making sure the non-professional fireworks don't scare the c**p out of my son :)

HA Next year I think we will get some small fireworks for us to do at the house.

HacKeR

TheRedBarron
07-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Contrary to what some may beleive, cops are normal people just like us. May have a little superiority complex but normal. I'd suspect most of them realize that this is our countries independance day celebration. Unless you're destroying something, shooting off fireworks off in an unsafe manner or someone complains(ref: Mrs Kravits) they're most likely not going to bother you about it on the holiday. Geez, who knows? I'll bet even cops occasionally shoot off illegal fireworks lol -

We are shooting ours off with a cop right there, he plays on my team, he kinda gave us permission.

WhatThaSmurf
07-01-2006, 03:38 PM
My neighbor is a cop, and he gives me bottle rockets to shoot into his trees (he has problems with birds in his garden).

schock
07-01-2006, 03:54 PM
ill be buying a **** load of sparklers and be making sparkler bombs to shove in some mail boxes.

WhatThaSmurf
07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, um, not recommended. That's kind of a federal offense.

Paradox313
07-01-2006, 04:07 PM
HAHAHA
i bought illegal fireworks, legally
bought them at a local stand
bout $80
since i bought so much she gave me 2 packs of roman candles free.
everything there was half off from a stand down the street so i was happy to do buisiness there
all of the money at that stand goes to building a field

i was very satisfied

TheRedBarron
07-01-2006, 04:09 PM
ill be buying a **** load of sparklers and be making sparkler bombs to shove in some mail boxes.
Not only is that not funny, dangerous, and against the law it is pure idiotic. What would posess you to go and screw up someone elses day, their mail/important bills/info possibly hurt someone, just to get a little chuckle, if you want to blow up a mailbox go to homedepot and buy one set it in your backyard and go to town. Dont be so stupid one day you will look back at doing this and wonder why you were such an idiot, or one day some immature little teenager will do it to you and you will be pissed that you cant pay your bills in time because some kid blew it up, then they will repo your house car and lawnmower then you will be out on the side of the street with your sparkler bombs thinking you should have never done that.

timmyshoota
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
u R cool :down:

bigred76
07-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I can't launch anything because my dog flips out and jumps on me. :(

DRAGON
07-01-2006, 06:32 PM

Your diabolical mannerisms only supercedes your miniscule wit -

UKwithPride
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Nothing, I'll be working. Plus, fireworks are illegal in my county.

xsgmike66x
07-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I might be going into the city to see the macy's fire works

marvin-martian
07-01-2006, 07:47 PM
I can't launch anything because my dog flips out and jumps on me. :(
vids or shens. especially if its a large dog...

emf7301
07-01-2006, 10:32 PM
fireworks can be sold but not set off in just about any county touching my county. DFW is dry as a bone even tho we did get a little rain today.

O well, i'm not too bummed. On the 3rd, I'm going to the Lone Star Horse Track. Hopefully make a good bet or two and enjoy the long and awesome professional fireworks after it. On the 4th, i'm just gonna lay out by the pool and enjoy some good texas bbq (specifically brisket :D).

Nader
07-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Last year we were back in Chicago for the Fourth, and I tried to light a short-fused firecracker and throw it....dumb idea...lol it went off in my fingers and made me deaf for a few seconds.

And it wasn't one of those lame 'Crackers...it was a Black Cat...I think I peed a little when it went off.

DFSniper
07-02-2006, 05:24 AM
i'll be sittin at home watching the germany - italy game, then sit around some more...unless friends show up and decide to go out partying or something (legal drinking age in germany is 16...:dodgy:) but all my good friends are on vacation and my dad doesnt get back for a few more weeks.

xtraking
07-02-2006, 07:34 AM
yeah my dad does a pretty big show for the neighborhood :-P

Paradox313
07-02-2006, 09:33 AM
jebus crackers!
is anyone actually allowed fireworks in their city/town

WhatThaSmurf
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm allowed to shoot them off, but you can't buy them in my county. So when you leave the county on any major road, the first thing you see is a tent. Which is funny, because it was either set up by the company my dad works for, or one of the 2 competitors they have. Those things suck to put up, I did it last year.

claustrophobia9
07-03-2006, 01:51 PM
keeping my dog from messing up furniture and freaking out

marvin-martian
07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
the show i went to at the oceanfront was horrible. it was slow and boring, and the barge messed up and had like 6 misfires where the firework basicly blew up on the deck of the ship. i chuckled the first few times, but it got sad after awhile.

claustrophobia9
07-04-2006, 06:51 PM
holliday pay ftw... 1.5X normal pay for 8 hours is a big plus for me!

vikingshadow
07-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Finally - we get some rain, but it rains during the fireworks show. Not too much fun for the old man, but the kids liked it a bit (especially since they and their mother had the umbrellas....)

DFSniper
07-05-2006, 05:28 AM
had a bbq on mon, another yesteray. then i watched the germany game with my friend (he came down cuz theres usually a fair every year but there wasnt this year, and he missed the last bus back and his friend (a girl, naturally) ditched him for her best friend) and my dog was scared to death of the fireworks. so he went with some other friends while they went out drinking and i went back home and finished the game.

The Pink Panther
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
me and my dad sat on our roof w/ my little dog who seemed very interested by them and watched all the shows up there.