PDA

View Full Version : Springs

splaturout
06-30-2006, 04:57 AM
Ok I am new here but played my first game in 96 and I love it. Don't have to much extra income (bills ya know) but I bought a TL + in 01? 02? can't remember exactly but I have a questions. I have recently started to upgrade some basics on it to play at my cabin with friends. I have recently bought a spring kit (32 Degrees)and wanted to get an idea of how I should swap them out. The package is not much help as all it says is light, medium, and heavy. I live in MN so I understand the whole colder weather affects my CO2 and how is enters but if someone has a good site I could check out about which springs to use. I am going to be playing July 7,8, and 9th and I want to at least understand what to do when I get to the field. I currently put in both medium springs but what are the third springs for. MY gun only has 2. Thanks so much. :confused:

Opteron-O3
06-30-2006, 05:55 AM
www.ottersccustoms.com

will answer all your questions!
hope it helps!

druid
06-30-2006, 09:22 AM
the heavier the valve spring, the less air that gets through
the heavier the striker spring, the faster/harder it hits the valve pin
the heavier the striker spring, the faster the paintball is traveling

thechubbss12
06-30-2006, 11:28 AM
the third longer more fatter spring is used for the older style Spyder Compacts and Classics.... they are diffrent becasue that was before that used certian parts...

Rebal paintball guns still use that spring so it might be a good idea to keep them with the spring kit if a friend of yours is using a rebel....

splaturout
06-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Thank you. I know about the otter website. If I wanted that answer I could have looked myself. It is a good website and answers most of the questions, but if I can't find it there I ask it here. Thank you for all your help guys.