PDA

View Full Version : Your Biggest Accomplishment?

03TiburonGT
01-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread where we all post up our biggest accomplishments so we can learn a bit about each other's best times. Paintball or non-paintball related, post them up!

Mine is becoming a Life Scout at 15, ultimate would be to make Eagle Scout before I turn 16 and I'm on the track to doing it!

Scoring my first points (4) in spring track was pretty cool too; I ran a 59.8 400m (quarter mile).

QAZ123
01-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Hmmmm.. Probably climbing a 86' 5.12b lead route (rockclimbing) down in Red River Gorge, KY. I'll never forget it cause right when I clipped in my last quickdraw and let go of the rock and was being belayed back down to the ground it was just the greatest feeling of self accomplishment. Your exhausted but you know you just did something that most people couldn't and you busted your rear to do so! That's one sport I really wish I would get back into!

JB.

durrell
01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Probably winning National Ranger of the Year last July in Oklahoma. Im one of like, under 100 boys that have accomplished it so it's pretty sweet.

maximus100389
01-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Making it in to State Wind Ensemble for Oboe, or winning our division in rec soccer.

Drefish99
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Becoming a Mod for the best forum in the world. This one. :D

Ares
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
placing second in the 200m indoor 25.5
400m outdoor 53.8

shunut
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Making it 21 years longer than the doctors gave me when I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.

Winning MVP of the Year in high school.

*EM1-Master*
01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Making it 21 years longer than the doctors gave me when I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.

Winning MVP of the Year in high school.
CF survivor... You're hardcore...:) Props:cool:

QAZ123
01-04-2006, 05:11 AM
CF survivor... You're hardcore...:) Props:cool:
Ditto! :applause:

FredPo
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Keeping a 3.94 (so far in college, 3 semesters left) and gaining 60 lbs of lean muscle in 4 years of lifting.

Fred

Moe
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Getting MPV and ironman for this years football season. It just felt good to get some recognition for what I did. It was a great feeling getting my name called.

And this one, I know im gonna sound gay, and people are gonna disagree with me. But I know that I have found the perfect girl.

ganggreen
01-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Seeing this thread, and thinking back on my lifes accomplishments, i have realized that i haven't acomplished anything worth mentioning.

Team Ramrod
01-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Seeing this thread, and thinking back on my lifes accomplishments, i have realized that i haven't acomplished anything worth mentioning.

yeah, its kinda sad now that i think of it. i need to get off my ssa

vikingshadow
01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Not to tread on these two guys ^^^ but over 40 years, I've had several cool things happen. Most of which are academically related, but you know...:rolleyes:

1st - my kids, of course! I'm very proud of them!

2nd - I was Teacher of the Year last year (really cool for a 3rd year teacher!)

3rd - I was selected as an outstanding educator my first year of teaching (also really cool!)

4th - I graduated (twice) from college with two different degrees (graphic arts with emphasis in advertising and education.) It's even more cool to know that only my dad and I have graduated college on my dad's side of the family, and we both have two degrees and we both are teachers...at least to me it is. (My mom's side of the family is lousy with teachers...)

5th - During my first stint in college, I designed a centennial flag in my graphics art class that won a state wide contest and flew over the university's campus the whole centennial year - I think it was 1988 or so...

6th - I designed and won the University logo contest for the same year...they promptly changed the logo not even two years later. Go figure. But hey! I won!

7th - After my first graduation, I was employed in an advertising department where I won an award for bringing in the most new customers in a fiscal year. The next year I won top seller in our district for all divisions. They gave me a certificate, a cheesy little medal and a nice little bonus...

8th - In high school, I was the captain of my baseball team 2 years in a row (junior and senior year.) I was the only 9th grader to be a starter on the varsity team (baseball). I was also an MVP and on the academic/sports honor team (2 years.) I was also a page for the Oklahoma House of Representatives and a delegate to Boy's State.

Sorry for so many, but as I get older, I tend to think back on these things with a sense of pride for the "glory days." My wife calls it my Midlife Crisis...there are several other things I'm proud of, but I chose the ones I'm most proud of.

geeZus
01-04-2006, 07:32 PM
And this one, I know im gonna sound gay, and people are gonna disagree with me. But I know that I have found the perfect girl.
Just for saying that I'm gonna disagree with you...You're 17, no you haven't.

/that discussion

xtraking
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
well my parents met when they were 16 and 17... so you never know

druid
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
EUSPBA Grade II, Champion Supreme.....

and of course that I work in a prison and only live there 8 hours at a time

ttink
01-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Id say Varsity XC as a freshman, hopefull more to come on that.

All the work me and my friend did on this gas station to fix it up for his dads friend. Turned out VERY nice, and it took lots of work. proud of that.

My grades have remained at or above 3.95 this whole year so far.

I finally mastered the butterfly stroke in swimming this past week. Wow, that is hard. Hopefully i can perfect it in time to make districts.

SoldierzHonor
01-04-2006, 08:51 PM
1996 US Army Reserve Skill at Arms Challenge "Top Gun"

Earned the title Top Gun and was awarded plaque after a week of competition shooting which include zero, qualification, night firing, night scopes (PVS4's), known distance ranges, combat pistol popups, and an offensive range of sprinting to location, assuming kneeling, prone, standing, etc for that location, and learned to be a small arms instructor through the courses "train the trainer" design hosted by the US Army small arms training team. Out of 200 shooters, to include some members of the Presidents One Hundred, I brought home the title. :)

Drefish99
01-04-2006, 09:42 PM

I dated and married my HS sweetheart :D

I gotta tell ya one thing to make it happen.... Pray for each other...

pntbllrsprky
01-04-2006, 09:54 PM
wait dres married

I gotta say I got a job. Although its a family company, I am treated as I would anywhere else (as my boss is not related) and its great money.

I have also decided where I want to go to college (well kinda, now I have to pick what program which in turn will pick what campus)

h3ctor
01-05-2006, 01:14 AM
My Turn My TURN!...my greatest accomplishment was graduating college, not finding a job and having a nice 10k debt..o wait and a nice paintballing addiction that is taking my drug money and fake immigration papers fund away. YES :)

Moe
01-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Just for saying that I'm gonna disagree with you...You're 17, no you haven't.

/that discussion

Meh, thats fine. I really dont expect anyone to be on my side. We dated for like a year and 3 months, then broke up, and now I know she is the one. We are back together now, and its gonna be a looong time before we break. Dare I say its perfect? I dont know. But to me, it is.

I dated and married my HS sweetheart :D

I gotta tell ya one thing to make it happen.... Pray for each other...

Thanks for the encouragment dre dre. Its always good to hear stuff like that. It definitely helps that we both have a strong faith. We talk about anything and everything, and its just...great. Words cant explain it.

Dont be jealous geeZus. :dodgy:

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Opening a Paintball Field
Making Service Supervisor at work
Having 2 boys and a wonderful wife!

BallerX
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I just recently (within the month) pulled off one of my accomplishments. My wife and I bought our first home. My parents never owned thier own home, and it feels really good coming home every night, knowing that this is all mine. Well, mine, and the banks. Okay - mostly the banks.

I would say my career is a great accomplishment for me anyway. I wasn't terribly good in high school, but I went to VoTech, which got me riddiculed by everyone at my main high school. Most of those people thought the VoTech was just a place to send the kids that were a pain in the rear. This definatley includes 90% of the faculty.

I didn't go to my senior prom or to my graduation, simply because I couldn't stand those people who would be there with me. I didn't want to share that time in my life with those people. So I went on and started my career, now I'm in a great and rewarding field, dominated by people with 2 and 4 year college degrees, and more then holding my own. My pay scales meets or exceeds my proffesional peers.

And it is so satisfying to see some of the spoiled rich kids I went to high school with, driving around the beater cars that they used to make fun of me for back then. Half of those kids are struggling to make ends meet now, and pardon me for feeling a little bit good about that.

...damn I'm rambling today...

chubb0rz
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Baller X your my hero :waytogo:

My greatest accomplishment so far is being pick Battalion Commander back in HS for Marine Corps ROTC program. Also having the privelage to run 1 of the 6 HP Digital Printing Presses in the country.

BallerX
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Baller X your my hero :waytogo:

lol

...set higher goals... ;)

geeZus
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Dont be jealous geeZus. :dodgy:
I'm agnostic, I'm not jealous of anyone's faith. I like mine the way it is.

Moe
01-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm agnostic, I'm not jealous of anyone's faith. I like mine the way it is.

Im not speaking of my faith. Thats...dumb. Everyone can believe what they want. The jealous part had nothing at all to do with faith. It was more you being jealous cuz you dont have a lady friend. Which I dont even know if its true, but i was just tryin to have alittle fun...but you didnt take it that way. Thats coo though. No hurt feelings.

Xecutiv3
01-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Getting my Dragun to Work, came with no eye covers, no manual, all aftermarket parts, scratches, leaks, and the first non-blowback gun ive owned... except its still got all the scratches
That and i passed all my classes and graduated with the utmost minimal work, teachers were trying to find ways to fail me, but it didnt work, annoyed the crap outta my business law teacher =D

SoldierzHonor
01-05-2006, 06:19 PM
ok, going to have to change mine, greatest would have to be not feeding my cat to my dog today whuile trying to build entertainment center lol. Had screws on table and he decided they were the debil! ok ok ok, I wouldnt feed my cat to my dog :)

more than once...

G_O_O_D_Y17
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Our baseball team winning state 2 years in a row for AAU.

DFSniper
01-08-2006, 06:10 AM
umm, this year (05-06) has been pretty good for me. im rifle team captain (was on it last year but never went to any competitions because it got cancelled. then my good friend who was the captain last year quit), and we're 3-0 so far this year! 2 more meets to go, then its off to Europeans where we'll get out butts handed to us because we're the best bad school out there (if you understand what i mean)

Recon by Fire
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I got a few accomplishments under my belt but here is something to think about: Nobody ever said on their death bed "I wish I spent more time at work." Accomplishing goals and achievments are important, but always try to remember to temper them with your loved ones.

Cham-Pagne
01-09-2006, 06:22 PM
1.) 4th place at Eastern Boarder Contest Series For Skateboarding. I was 13 and youngest in my division out of 23 people. This contest was on live T.V so I felt kinda Special.

2.) pop shuv it to mute about 4 ft over coping on a 13ft vert ramp at Camp Woodward last year.

3.) Getting free stuff from Skate Contests, Shirts, Shoes, bearings, wheels, hats, decks, etc

4.) Four 1st places at Ymca Skate contests.

5.)Still havent broken a bone in my body

6.) Getting "Tapped" at camp woodward and being invited back 2 years in a row to Skate some contest. Didn't want to cause im not really into contests anymore.

claustrophobia9
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
everything in my life is important, without one thing, another thing falls apart, i dont play favorites.