PDA

View Full Version : Good Pods

Slammed0
06-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for some quality pods and a comfortable belt to wear them on?

Hossy
06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
dye lidlocks

bigred76
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Fat Boy's and Redz Dimension pack FTW. What I use, most comfy pack and easiest to use pods I've ever had.

druid
06-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm with Hossy..locklids rule but apparently...some peeps broke the locking release and wrot e bad reviews about them. I've never had a problemn with them myself

Sandman_Bravo
06-30-2006, 02:04 AM
I like Stranj pods, very similiar to Dye but cheaper.

splaturout
06-30-2006, 05:02 AM
I recently purchased a Q loader belt pack with 4 Dye pods off of ebay for a total of 25 dollars. I love the way it fits and the pods are great. So far I have had no problems and love the "bumps" on the pods because they don't slip out of my hand as I am working with them. The pack is great and has elastic on it so I can set my own comfort level. I do play more woodball then anything else so keep that in mind as I that is my opinion for that. It is easy with the pack to slip the empties back into the holder so they are not left out somewhere random on my land.

claustrophobia9
06-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Nxe Pack, locklid pods. if you can find the green to shell that out look for an dimension pack and belt at your field (mine still has like 10 even though they stopped making them (i believe)) and fatboy pods.

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Redz Dimension pack with comfort belt and Dye Lock lid pods. I've used the same pack almost 3 years now, just because I haven't found one that's more comfortable for me. The lock lids I prefer to stop from dumping pods on the ground, but also because they're sturdy and take a hit pretty well. I, like Druid, have never had a problem with them, except for getting them stolen.

claustrophobia9
06-30-2006, 05:30 AM
lol ive had a kid almost take one, but i let him off with a smack on the wrist cuz he was a noob and was walking around and was like "hey free pod" i still have a dimension and it works fine, but i really like the nxe packs, the feel awesome

ShadowX
06-30-2006, 05:57 AM
I use an Emprie Action Pack and could not be happier.. Very comfy and has the pod ejectors.. Holds 3 pods and has +4 loops.. 30 bucks too..

Frat
06-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Spec ops recon vest and I use cheap pods. In the woods they can get lost and on the other fields stepped on and broke. MY vest uses velcro to secure the pods but if you have one that uses elastic you need to use the lock lids. Having your paint dump out on the ground becuase you bumped into something.

TheRedBarron
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Empire Fast Pack Dye Loclids like vike said the only problem I have had is they get stolen.

The fastpack is small light, easy to use, comfortable I wouldnt own any other pack.

Santy
06-30-2006, 09:25 AM
C5 attack pack, and just normal 140 round pods, Fat Boys, 32 degrees, Evil are my Fav. I never really liked locklids.

UKwithPride
06-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Reckless Fist Pack. And they came with System X pods from the store. I doubt I'll replace them soon. If I do, they will be replaced with locklids.

Frat
06-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Something I do to identify my gear is use paint (bright chrome this go around) and cover the bottom 3 inches or so. It makes it readily identifiable and less prone to walk off.

TheRedBarron
06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Something I do to identify my gear is use paint (bright chrome this go around) and cover the bottom 3 inches or so. It makes it readily identifiable and less prone to walk off.

if people want it bad enough they will take it.

I have had problems losing packs, hoppers, masks, barrels and even a beanie once. But I feel gratefull that none of my markers have been touched.

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Yup - what ^^^ said. I've had several things stolen - from swabs, barrel condoms (even special made ones with my name and team name on them) pods, and tools from my tool box taken. So far, no guns, masks (although it almost was) or packs!

TheRedBarron
06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Yup - what ^^^ said. I've had several things stolen - from swabs, barrel condoms (even special made ones with my name and team name on them) pods, and tools from my tool box taken. So far, no guns, masks (although it almost was) or packs!

it is the hopper that hits ya hard vike, I had just gotten an empire RB when they came out went to the field, left to go get some paint and came back it was gone...

Recently since i own the field now i just leave my gear in the shop. but if im at a tourny i never have problems with tourny ballers touching gear i think it is a mutual respect.

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Ouch - 160.00 (what I paid for my Reloader B) down the drain in a couple of minutes! That sucks in so many different ways....

I agree with the respect thing - in all the tournaments I've gone to, I never saw a stranger (someone not on the team) get within 10 feet of someone else's gear. They admired it from a distance unless the guy held it out to them. But even at our rinky dink field, kids have no problems coming up and messing with other people's gear on the tables....

That sounded bad.

schock
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
fat boy pods are good

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I like the one piece design of the fat boys...no sleeves to come unglued. I'd still prefer my Loclids (lock lids, locklids - however they're spelled!) but those would be the ones I would choose after those.

yamaha cow
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM
i use empire actionpack and fatboy or paintballgear.com pods same thing.