PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR DEFECT DISCOVERED in my barrel: J&J Owners Please Read

new_Faction64
06-29-2006, 06:22 PM
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A DEFECT WITH THE MR2 MARKER ITSELF***

Hi everyone, as long as I've had my MR2, I've used my J&J Performance Ceramic 12" Barrel. I've also been having bad chopping problems, replaced the detent, and broke in the ACS bolt.

I'm glad but also disapointed to announce that I have discovered my problem: The J&J barrel. Apparently the barrel is not long enough to screw far enough into the MR2, nor my Spyder TL-R, to close the gap with the internal tube of the markers. Basically, there is a gap between the internal tube and my J&J Ceramic barrel, it was a pretty large gap too. May be this big: ||

I'm fairly sure this is the reason for my chopping, and along with RMAing my barrel, I wanted to notify all MR2 owners, since I know that many, many owners have J&J barrels. PLEASE CHECK YOUR BARRELS!! Remove the feedneck (w/ the three screws) and stick a finger down the tube, please do this w/ air source removed and marker off

That's basically it guys, I wanted everyone to be aware of this problem I had, so anyone else with a J&J barrel can check theirs and make sure they don't have the same problem as mine.

bamf-hacker
06-29-2006, 06:27 PM
that stinks man... You may have gotten a dud. I have a J&J S2 and it works great on my Rodeo. Fits tight and I have no breaks with it.

HacKeR

new_Faction64
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
that stinks man... You may have gotten a dud. I have a J&J S2 and it works great on my Rodeo. Fits tight and I have no breaks with it.

HacKeR

Yeah I know these barrels are extremely popular, and it's a real bummer knowing I got a bad one.

NextoN
06-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Well I use J&J barrel ( older version ) I have no problems at all with the barrel or the marker :)

Highbinder
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Make sure your O-ring is in the right groove. I noticed that it has two grooves on mine. Either one can hold the O-ring, but if you use the groove closer to the threads, the O-ring ends up hitting the threads as you screw in the barrel. I made that mistake with mine and broke the O-ring. I put a new one on the other groove and it screws in all the way and meets the body firm.

new_Faction64
06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Make sure your O-ring is in the right groove. I noticed that it has two grooves on mine. Either one can hold the O-ring, but if you use the groove closer to the threads, the O-ring ends up hitting the threads as you screw in the barrel. I made that mistake with mine and broke the O-ring. I put a new one on the other groove and it screws in all the way and meets the body firm.

I even tried taking the o-ring off, exact same results/problem.

Highbinder
06-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Strange indeed. Mine fits good, maybe you did get a defective barrel. Bummer bro. I have an Apex on the way. Don't think it will fit through the shroud, but I think it will be worth it.

breakxeggs
06-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I think they do fit I'm not sure though because everyone that said they use Apex barrels don't say if they have the shroud on or off

Msniper
07-01-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah mine is ok!

new_Faction64
07-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I think they do fit I'm not sure though because everyone that said they use Apex barrels don't say if they have the shroud on or off

There's a picture on pbreview.com w/ the MR2 w/ Apex WITH shroud on. It works.

Highbinder
07-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Yup, Batnan, also uses an apex. He has a pick with it on through the shroud.

KingTutt
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I have the same problem! Just had it happen this last weekend. I need to look at it closer and see if that is the problem. Tried it on all 3 of my spyders and only had it happen on my Electra DX and MR2.

Sturm
10-05-2007, 05:03 AM
With the original barrel of MR2, you can see a gap too. Try that

chnk
10-05-2007, 06:19 AM
hmmm, this is weird, imma have to see this when i get home.

all i know kingman usually always makes a batch of bad markers, then they quickly fix it and mass produce the fixed ones. I've seen these with the pilots and the mr2s also.

you must of gotten one of kingmans lemons, i think i also have on the lemons also

new_Faction64
10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't think it's a defect anymore, it's just my gun.

chnk
10-05-2007, 03:00 PM
WTF, mine is the same ****, i think its bot of our guns, cause i know mine ws one of the first generations, which might be one of their lemons,

man i removed the oring and its the same ****

jbtoronto
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
just get a hammerhead (problem solved)

**********No they're not paying me for add**********

chnk
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
you had the same issue with a j&j on your mr2?

jbtoronto
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
no i don't have a J&J but I've heard of this issues b4 though

chnk
10-05-2007, 03:15 PM
i've never hear either until someone bumped this thread back up, damn this probably affects airflow or some ****

majorissuez99
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Strange indeed. Mine fits good, maybe you did get a defective barrel. Bummer bro. I have an Apex on the way. Don't think it will fit through the shroud, but I think it will be worth it.

the stock apex barrel fits the shroud just fine
i used it stock for a while
but now i have the apex on a 16" J&J