PDA

View Full Version : Valve

hkyhead13
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I want to get a good valve with the least amount of money but still want to get one that works well

any suggestions

Sandman_Bravo
06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Bandit offers a valve and bolt combo at a low price. It's what I'm running. I've been told the Madman is a great set-up but it's pricey.

hkyhead13
06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
should i drop the acs bolt for a new one if im goin LP??

DRAGON
06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Magnaport.....you get the valve body and pin with it for the same price as just the valve body from Bandit -

Sandman_Bravo
06-29-2006, 03:56 PM
If you go lp you can get the acs to work as many people have been able to do. Myself, I couldn't get the velocity up over 260(if memory serves) until I switched to a bolt with 0-rings. Evidently the acs bolt without o-rings to seal up lets a certain amount of gas escape past it. I was also able to run slightly lower pressures as well. The choice is yours. Good luck.

emf7301
06-29-2006, 04:51 PM
i'm running an NDZ Valve and the ACS bolt and can get my lp setup to work pretty well. All i can say is you just need to try it out for yourself

viperx6x9x
07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
i got the new designz one too. i got a question though, as the valve is my first lp upgrade and the gun is otherwise stock, and still running co2, is it a good idea to install the valve now or wait till i get a reg for it? i tried it out yesterday and it was getting some good velocity but it went through the co2 much faster than normal. also im curious if it will hurt any internals to run it with just the valve and no other lp upgrades?

DRAGON
07-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Try the stock valve pin in it till you get the reg. It should yield better efficiency. Unless you've chronoed it, it's prolly shooting a little hot right now with the high flowing valve. Reg should be your next up. A 32* spring kit could help control velocity and efficiency as well -

vwjimmy
07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
my lp had a Magnaport in it and I couldnt get it where I wanted it....
bought a NDZ and it works like a dream now!!!

Slammed0
07-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey guys how come the websites that sell aftermarket valves (Magnaport for example) always say for Non Eguns?

viperx6x9x
07-03-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah shes definitely shootin hot unless i turn down the velocity knob some. they didnt have the chrono set up this time, its hit or miss with this field wether the chrono is gonna be set up. but it was makin balls curve off all wild and stuff. i had to turn down the velocty just to controll the shots. plus we got a lot of kids playin at this place and i dont want to hit any of em with a ball goin that fast. if it was just me and the guys playin i might have some fun with it.

anyways when you said keep the stock valve pin in until i get a reg, did you mean keep the NDZ valve in and use the stock valve pin. or put the stock valve back in too?

DRAGON
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Try the stock pin alone first and see what happens. When I had a Magnaport in my E-99, for some odd reason I had a better result with the stock pin over the one with the kit. Doesn't mean you will. Logically the other pin should have worked better. One of my favorite cliché's is, 'Logic is often foiled by reality' -

The balls are prolly swirving because the shots are too hot -

nbishop66
07-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I had the 32 deg Magnaport, Assault block, DH Titanium striker and stock ACS bolt and I couldn't get it over 250 FPS. The Magnaport was the weak link. Get a good valve, don't skimp it's probably the most important part in project LP. I got so frustrated I gave up and bought an ION.