PDA

View Full Version : E-99 Pump??

krazydiamond
06-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Don't know if this is the right section but if not I'm sure someone will let me know. Has anyone ever tried to convert a Spyder E-99 or any Spyder with a similar design into a pump? I figure I'd mill a slot on either side of the body by the striker and have two linkages to push it back. I just need to know how to make it a "pump" after that I can rig up a horizontal feed and 12gram cartidge setup. I thought you guys might have some ideas or advice so I don't blow yself up.

Thanks

ooglieboogliebob
06-29-2006, 08:10 PM
hmm... Tim was gonna do this a while back till he bailed out cuz of money issues ... of course it's on hold :) ... use the striker to push it back ... but your gonna needa do something to bleed the excess air out when it tries to recock ....

Hob Hayward
07-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Well what you do is eliminate the blow back by making a new valve pin that doesn't have any slots in it.

I guess you get a pump kit and mod the gun to make it work with the kit you get.

yamaha cow
07-02-2006, 03:52 PM
www.MNmilitia.com go to this website there is a guy on there that i play paintball with taht converted mine into a pump and works great. ohyah and his forum name is wolverine.

bigred76
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
hmm... Tim was gonna do this a while back till he bailed out cuz of money issues ... of course it's on hold :) ... use the striker to push it back ... but your gonna needa do something to bleed the excess air out when it tries to recock ....
I was, but I could only buy the piping in lengths of 8ft, ending up with a cost of like $50-60. I have all the material lists and stuff still if you want any of that. My design was for an old-style Spyder Sonix, a left-cocking marker. It would be extremely easy to convert it for a rear-cocking marker. As Smufy said, you're gonna need to figure out how to re-make a valve pin that doesn't have the slot. That's the one thing I couldnt figure out. Just PM me if you want all the stuff I had, and I'll see if I can dig it up.

thechubbss12
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Heh once again another spam post... im sorry =(...

I have a NDZ valve with a modded t-1 valve pin and the NDZ valve pin that i can sell ya....

Yea or you could just find a stock T-1 valve and pin and throw it in there....

Nenkitsune
08-03-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm actually working on converting my E-99 Avant to a pump action low pressure. only i want to get a rocket valve, which wouldn't work on a pump and on a blowback.
anyways, the way i'm making it is, i took a sidecock acs bolt, removed the brass screw on the back, and got a steel threaded rod in it. well, i didn't have a torch so i broke it in the process (no prob, it's a buck a rod) so i came up with a new idea. i'm going to take a steel rod, have it attach to a metal plate, which has 2 more steel threaded rods attached, 1 on each side. which then goes to a piece of 1in pvc pipe that slides over the barrel, and clamps down into place. i'm going to buy another hammer (so i can switch back and forth) and drill the hole out into a slot approx. 3cm in length. right now i have a stock valve with the pin JB welded into a perfect rod. seems to seal ok, but i don't have air yet to check it. no prob to fix really, just would need a little more jb on it. i'm also going to buy a Phantom horizontal feed tube cause well, they bolt right on to the e-99 in place of the neck ^^ i'm also going to take another peice of pvc and make a sort of beavertail out of it to cover the back of the gun, but cap it off and have a spring in it to push the pump back forward. it'll be mostly done soon. i'm buying a rod and hammer today. i just need someone/something to cut that stupid hammer lol right now, i have my q-loader mounted on the top of the gun since the pump's in the way, and clamped down onto it's own neck lol. it looks like a super soaker.