PDA

View Full Version : Bolts

Jimmyd24
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
What do you guys think is better
The Shockteck Superfly Bolt or the Delrin ACS Bolt

big_daddy_d
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
shockteck superfly, or a modded stock bolt, tigershark bolts aren't too bad either...

druid
06-28-2006, 08:22 PM
it depends on where you plan on going from here...if you plan on eventually going LP, neither of those bolts are good choices. Modify your stock bolt or get a Sunbear (eaglelox's "ISP" store in the 'stores #2 thread I made) or try and find a tigershark...but any way you choose, get one with Orings on it.
If you don't plan on LP, ACS or shocktech...either will do. Break in the ACS before using it in a game (there are instructions on the board...use the search feature)....

Ace24
06-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Why are ACS bolts no good for LP? I am turning my Fenix into a EP gun. So I was wondering the same thing as this guy.

viperx6x9x
06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah im thinking of going with a low pressure type setup and am also curious why acs bolt is no good. mines a pilot acs btw. So what exactly are you looking for when finding a good bolt for this type setup. And why are o rings so important?, im not good with understanding the phsics of airflow.

Ace24
06-28-2006, 09:07 PM
The o-rings I can answer...

Without o-rings on a bolt your going to get alot of access air in the gun. Alot of the spyder brand Delrin ACS bolts dont have them on it. Wich causes what my friends and I call a "ninja chop." It blows the ball up in the feedneck and when it comes down the ball gets pinched slightly, causing it to oose. It has happened to my friends gun a few times since he has put in the new ACS bolt. But without o-rings your going to get the access air alot more then you would with them.

druid
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Modify your stock bolt or get a Sunbear (eaglelox's "ISP" store in the 'stores #2 thread I made) or try and find a tigershark...but any way you choose, get one with Orings on it.
If you don't plan on LP, ACS or shocktech...either will do. Break in the ACS before using it in a game (there are instructions on the board...use the search feature)....

I'm sorry...I thought I was clear on that :dodgy:

...anyway....for the most part, the ACS bolt isn't high flow enough. A few people have gotten away with being able to use it but the majority have not. A better solution to anti-chop are a vision system like TBoards and their eyes. You'll have to buy the TBoard to use the eyes and drill holes in the bolt tube at near the bottom of the feed tube. The directrions are on www.ottersccustoms.com (http://www.ottersccustoms.com)

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 06:33 AM
even if you break an acs in... the spring tension in the lower chamber is greater than that in the acs, and since the bolt is rapidly compressing air towards the front the acs part of the bolt tends to fall back a few mm causing it to fire at the wrong moment which can lead to the ball not making it out of the gun, or severe blow back on your feed tube.