PDA

View Full Version : ...another 'tragic accident'.....

druid
06-28-2006, 10:20 AM
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/9431296/detail.html?subid=22105263&qs=1;bp=t

damn, this makes my blood boil.......

I personally think the death penalty should apply.....

discuss....

Hossy
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
THATS HORRIBLE

wtf, who would do that. a 21 year old kid killed a 9 year old! what would make someone do that to someone they probably didnt know...

bigred76
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
"A 9-year-old Central El Paso boy has died after suffering serious injuries in a freak paintball gun accident." That isn't a freak accident, that was unintentional murder with a deadly weapon. You know, in California, paintball guns are considered a type of firearms for a reason. Some people just don't get it, though....

Hossy, they were the kid's cousins.

ShadowX
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Not to flame, But why do you post these things? You and I both know (along with a lot of other people), That this stuff happens everyday, But why let everyone know about it? New people wanting to play paintball could come onto the boards and see this (along with their parents) and Then that would be another Mother/Father/Son that think Paintball is a bad sport..

Sorry if this offends you.. Don't post this ****..

Hossy
06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
oo i read it wrong, sorry, i read it wrong bigred. thats plain stupid....

leed
06-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Of course, no one EVER get's mad about things when someone beats someone else to death with a BASEBALL bat...

Victa_Balla
06-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Not to flame, But why do you post these things? You and I both know (along with a lot of other people), That this stuff happens everyday, But why let everyone know about it? New people wanting to play paintball could come onto the boards and see this (along with their parents) and Then that would be another Mother/Father/Son that think Paintball is a bad sport..

We post this **** so morons and newbs who come here dont decide that it is a good idea to load blades, frozen paint, screw drivers, marbles, rocks, fireworks into their markers and shooting them at people...Seeing the effects of said events will more than likely give the easily influenced a mindset of what not to do. Rather than discourage them from playing.

Anysport can be dangerous...Hell golf can be deadly...But as long as you don't do stupid **** no one gets killed. So if one story like this keeps some person from shooting a nail or marble at me or you..Then keep posting them.

Hossy
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
We post this **** so morons and newbs who come here dont decide that it is a good idea to load blades, frozen paint, screw drivers, marbles, rocks, fireworks into their markers and shooting them at people...Seeing the effects of said events will more than likely give the easily influenced a mindset of what not to do. Rather than discourage them from playing.

Anysport can be dangerous...Hell golf can be deadly...But as long as you don't do stupid **** no one gets killed. So if one story like this keeps some person from shooting a nail or marble at me or you..Then keep posting them.

well said

DexGtr
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
well said

yeah and another reason would be so that we might find out the name of the person responsible...and maybe beat him with a teardrop barrel. :D

Sandman_Bravo
06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Keep posting this stuff; people need to be reminded how dangerous things can get when common sense and logic fall by the wayside. Sure it's tragic, & the sport just took another hit, but let's learn from it and be vigilant in our safety measures.

claustrophobia9
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Of course, no one EVER get's mad about things when someone beats someone else to death with a BASEBALL bat...
or a golf club/golf cart

and let me get this straight... they were playing with it while it had air... and the kid didnt have googles on (it hit him in the eye) so therefore it was obviously used in a way not intended by the manfacturer, not to mention the screw(driver, some say it was a screw driver not a screw) loaded in the barrel.

Hossy
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
or a golf club/golf cart

and let me get this straight... they were playing with it while it had air... and the kid didnt have googles on (it hit him in the eye) so therefore it was obviously used in a way not intended by the manfacturer, not to mention the screw(driver, some say it was a screw driver not a screw) loaded in the barrel.

good point claus

WhatThaSmurf
06-28-2006, 06:13 PM
all i have to say is one thing, wtf were those guys thinking?!

claustrophobia9
06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
all i have to say is one thing, wtf were those guys thinking?!
the last thing that went through that kids head was a screw.... :shrug: bummer for him, no idea what the other kids were "thinking" though

druid
06-28-2006, 08:43 PM

It doesn't offend me but know this...I will contunue to post these things as long as I am a member of the internet community of paintball.

I understand your reasons and I guess I could partly agree - however - it is more responsible for us to post it and show that the hazards of BEING RETARTED can get people killed. As a parent of 3 kids, I'd like to know that internet groups take the time and effort to inform others of the hazards of 'being creative'...and that their "bright ideas" are likely to get people seriously hurt or killed.

If by reading the article, a juvenile realizes that this isn't a 'toy'...and doesn't put anything other than a paintball through the marker...I have done my job and possibly save a life.

I'm sorry you disagree and you are well within your rights to believe what you do...but so am I.

Victa_Balla
06-28-2006, 08:49 PM
It doesn't offend me but know this...I will contunue to post these things as long as I am a member of the internet community of paintball.

I understand your reasons and I guess I could partly agree - however - it is more responsible for us to post it and show that the hazards of BEING RETARTED can get people killed. As a parent of 3 kids, I'd like to know that internet groups take the time and effort to inform others of the hazards of 'being creative'...and that their "bright ideas" are likely to get people seriously hurt or killed.

If by reading the article, a juvenile realizes that this isn't a 'toy'...and doesn't put anything other than a paintball through the marker...I have done my job and possibly save a life.

I'm sorry you disagree and you are well within your rights to believe what you do...but so am I.

Preach on Druid. Amen.

bamf-hacker
06-28-2006, 09:13 PM
It amazes me what people will do and think of. A screw driver in the barrel of a paintball gun....

Druid DO NOT STOP POSTING THIS STUFF. I think it is very important for us to read about the stupid idiots out there.

HacKeR

marvin-martian
06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
druid...isnt it "retarded" and not "retarted"

lewizz124
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
im guilty of shooting the over sized thumb tacks out of my old spider.... it was a cool way to pin sticky notes to my cork board. also very dangerous.

druid
06-28-2006, 10:37 PM
im guilty of shooting the over sized thumb tacks out of my old spider.... it was a cool way to pin sticky notes to my cork board. also very dangerous.

uh huh....

druid
06-28-2006, 10:46 PM
druid...isnt it "retarded" and not "retarted"

does it really matter if you understand what I mean? or is this more important?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/sigs%20and%20avatars/grammarnazi.jpg

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 06:06 AM
does it really matter if you understand what I mean? or is this more important?

it doesnt matter :rolleyes: marv just likes oppressing the grammar/spelling of others.

marvin-martian
06-29-2006, 08:58 AM
i just figured it would make your argument that much stronger if you spelled key words correctly...

druid
06-29-2006, 10:20 AM
well then my IE spell checker is wrong because it's not highlighted

marvin-martian
06-29-2006, 10:46 AM
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/7707/druid1qi.jpg

:dodgy:

WhatThaSmurf
06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
sorry druid, google toolbar spell check say its wrong too

Sandman_Bravo
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Wotz rong wit yu Druid, dont yu got no good spelin an gramer?

druid
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
get over it and move on, spelling Nazi hijackers

marvin-martian
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
<3

UKwithPride
06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
<3
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Offspringkid14/heartkick.gif

bigred76
06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Pfft, noone can talk about spelling but me and Hacker. I think we're the only ones who actually type proper English (most of the time).

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 06:21 AM
ahem.....cough, cough, cough... Thanks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now, now, bigred. I've seen you make some errors - just as many as I do from time to time. I just don't take the time to post it like others do because this is the internet, after all - a breeding ground for improper spelling and grammar. That, and I get tired of grading writing at school, so I could care less here!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread....

claustrophobia9
06-30-2006, 06:36 AM
because this is the internet
internet! lol!
http://www.timdorr.com/images/windows-lol.png

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but I don't get it. I mean, I see what's in that box, but not sure how it relates to my post.

Sorry, had a daughter throwing up all night last night so I'm a bit tired...

WhatThaSmurf
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
I could post with proper grammar and spelling every single time, but I just don't care anymore. I used to do it, back when I first joined and when the new boards were first up, but I just sort of stopped doing it. Maybe I'm just lazy.

BTW, anybody remember what this thread used to be about?

ooglieboogliebob
06-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Haha, i don't like posting right punctuating. It's sort of hard doing it cuz i like my little "..." to seperate the posts. Don't like it at all :(

bamf-hacker
07-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Pfft, noone can talk about spelling but me and Hacker. I think we're the only ones who actually type proper English (most of the time).

Thanks for the credit, but I use IE Spell to check my spelling. I could not spell if you held a gun to my head and forced me too :)

and as for grammar, I have you all fooled...

NOW BACK ON TOPIC........

Lewizz... I need you to do something for me. Extend your hand and use the other hand to smack yourself..... Don't do that again :) We don't need to see you on the 11 o'clock news

HEADLINE- "Paintballer shoots out his eye with thumb tack in a freak accident now paintball guns are being banded in (insert state here), more after the break."

HacKeR

UKwithPride
07-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the credit, but I use IE Spell to check my spelling. I could not spell if you held a gun to my head and forced me too :)

and as for grammar, I have you all fooled...

NOW BACK ON TOPIC........

Lewizz... I need you to do something for me. Extend your hand and use the other hand to smack yourself..... Don't do that again :) We don't need to see you on the 11 o'clock news

HEADLINE- "Paintballer shoots out his eye with thumb tack in a freak accident now paintball guns are being banded in (insert state here), more after the break."

HacKeR
Now I know what you mean. :dodgy:

bamf-hacker
07-01-2006, 10:18 AM
See... My point has been proven :)

HacKeR

bigred76
07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
ahem.....cough, cough, cough... Thanks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now, now, bigred. I've seen you make some errors - just as many as I do from time to time. I just don't take the time to post it like others do because this is the internet, after all - a breeding ground for improper spelling and grammar. That, and I get tired of grading writing at school, so I could care less here!

I didn't say your name for a reason, and an obvious one. Yes, you are an English teacher -- a fairly intelligent one, far more so than the ones I've had -- and in the past you have asked us forget about that and don't correct all of your typing for you, and to not expect your typing to be perfect all the time. I merely remember those incidences and choose to honor them. As you said, you "could care less here." Sorry if it offended you, I was trying to head off any jabs of those who pay too much attention to your posts' grammer and spelling. Yes, I make some errors, but the rate at which those occur is far, far less than of, say, Claustrophobia's (no offense, you were just the first person that came to mind), and much less notable that most times only a professional can notice (at least, I hope lmao!).
Hacker, I can tell that you use a spell checker, but at least you use it. You're one of like 4 that does. And it shows. Even when you don't use it at least I can understand what you say.

Lewizz, stupid idea. But yet... it sounds so fun... :(... Must... resist! *slaps self* Ok, I'm better now! :o

vikingshadow
07-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Not offended at all...just joining in the game is all. Thanks for remembering that stuff though - makes me feel better!

70Vette69
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I can hardly wait for the lawsuit against the paintball gun manufacturer and the screw driver manufacturer. Certainly the screwdriver manufacturer should have foreseen that one could place it in a PB gun and fire it at another person. They should definitely have labels on screwdrivers telling people not to insert this device into a PB gun.....blahhh.....blahhhh....blahhhh...... So tired of crap like this!

I only wish that the 21yr old would have shot the 23yr old instead of the 9yr old who probably had no idea of the repercussions. Otherwise I would just consider it an act of Darwinism and went about my business.

I can see it now......soon enough we will all have to............nahhh...I won't even say it as someone might read it and actually consider it....

As far as spelling goes, I have spelled my own name wrong........twice.......and it had nothing to do with a typo.........I bet none of you can say that..........stupid engineers!

Ace24
07-11-2006, 12:47 PM

Or a hockey stick, or a LAX stick, or a golf club...

But they should meantion that those types of things arent meant to be in a paintball gun. To people unknowledgeable to the sport, the screwdriver in the gun and the way they casually meantioned that you should "Wear a face mask and goggles" seems like they are saying that the facemask will help you survive a screwdriver in a paintball gun. I am pretty sure it will break the lense and break the rubber going through into the person anyway.:mad:

Its stupid **** like this that makes people hate paintball even more. If they have never played it, or are conserned parents they could come up with the assumption (and I am sure that the people in alot of these states making the laws against the guns have never played paintball) that paintball guns are considered a leathal weapon and should be outlawed. Some stupid parents have already potitioned against paintball and I have read it somewhere before. The parents filed a lawsuit and made a movement twards outlawing paintball in their state just because their stupid son took a paintball gun and shot himself in the upper eye at point blank range when looking down the barrel. (Sounds like parent supervision isnt in their volcabulary)

splaturout
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
"If guns (paintball or otherwise) can be blamed for killing people, then I can blame my pen for mis-spelled words."

I can't remeber who said it but it was from one of the guys from Blue Comedy Tour, I think Larry.

Someone will always use something improperly or not for the intended use and when someone gets hurt it is always the items fault for not having the label to warn people. That will always Flame me. I spilled coffee from the drive through on my lap...How was I suppose to know it was Hot, there was no label. STUPID ***ES. It truely is amazing though how we as a society take this type of action and just give a slap on the wrist. When I was growing up (3rd World Country) I watched a guy get killed by a mob because he stole something from a local vendor. The crime rate in locations like that are always lower because could you imagine what would happen to thin kid had he done that where I was....Ouch.