PDA

View Full Version : Blood Flow Problem

marvin-martian
06-28-2006, 07:25 AM
sometimes when im in bed, i wake up with a sharp pain like in the back of my knee and down my calf. i have to open and close my knee for a minute and fight through the pain before it goes back to normal. this also happens when sitting. what i can do to prevent this?

Nik
06-28-2006, 07:31 AM
sometimes you get cramps like that when you have low potassium level, eat some bananas

marvin-martian
06-28-2006, 07:53 AM
i woke up to one this morning and i had 2 bananas yesterday

DexGtr
06-28-2006, 08:14 AM
go see a doctor....

UKwithPride
06-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Punch it until it stops. Teach that knee who is boss!

ricochet08
06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
hmmmm....same things been happening to me :(
but it's stopped doing that now. :)

leed
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
It's common, stretch your legs before you go to sleep, my Aunt had the same things, I'm not sure what it's caused by, maybe g00gle can help you.

But yes, go see a doctor as, OMG IT'S DEX said.

taurinic
06-28-2006, 10:35 AM
i used to have it frequently, it feels like my entire back muscle stiffens up for a good 10 min. its incrediblely painful for the 10 min but it'll go away. i think it's called charlie horse. maybe not enuff water supply?

ShadowX
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, They are cramps.. I get them if I do a lot of VERY Strenuois Physical work all day.. Or, I will get them After I play all day long.. (paintball).. I also ride motocross (very VERY athletic, if you didn't already know).. And after I get back from riding I will get them if I am not careful..

My Dad gets them really bad in the middle of the night too.. I get them if I get up off of the floor too fast or if I go to tye my shoe and I don't bend my knee, Yeah, Ouch! Lol..

Eating one or two banannas per day will diffenately take care of it.. I did for me and my Dad..

Also, Maybe check out the local GNC store and get some Potassium supplements..

Victa_Balla
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Growing pains? I stretch nightly...Youll never sleep better.

claustrophobia9
06-28-2006, 10:57 AM
go see a doctor....
word... but never turn your back to them... they'll steal your kidneys.

marvin-martian
06-28-2006, 10:59 AM
the pain isnt so much in my calf as it is behind my knee. my calf is just tingly. it feels like when your foot falls to sleep, exept the pain and prickles are in differant areas...

claustrophobia9
06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
i get that when i sit on my leg funny... maybe you are like cutting it off by wrapping a blanket, you might try sleeping OVER all of your blankets, if it still happens you might be sleeping funny, ussually your body moves to prevent restricted movement and keep blood flowing/air coming in (example, i sleep with my face UNDER all of my pillows (wierd eh?) and i probibly would run out of air if i didnt naturally make my way back up while im sleeping)

Hob Hayward
06-29-2006, 06:29 AM
This happened to me once after playing speedball for the first time, my legs were so tired afterwards, and if I didn't keep them straight they would cramp up.

newkid
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Punch it until it stops. Teach that knee who is boss!
ahhahahhahhahahahhahahahaha:lol:

xtraking
06-29-2006, 06:09 PM
sometimes when im in bed, i wake up with a sharp pain like in the back of my knee and down my calf. i have to open and close my knee for a minute and fight through the pain before it goes back to normal. this also happens when sitting. what i can do to prevent this?
yeah i get them sometimes, just bad charlie horses i think? They wake you up and hurt alot, trust me in know how it feels