PDA

View Full Version : Do you have problems w/ your MR2?

new_Faction64
06-27-2006, 10:16 PM
***THIS VOTE IS FOR MAJOR PROBLEMS ONLY***
(like chopping, double feeding, etc)

Well, in an effort to see how many people have serious problems w/ their MR2, compared to the other amount of people that say they don't get problems, I wanted to start a poll to find out what the #s are.

RULES: (Read before posting!)
-State what you voted for
-State your problem (if applicable)
-State the hopper you use and it's advertised feed rate
-State if you changed out detents
-State if you have disabled your ACS bolt

new_Faction64
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
1. Yes
2. Chopping, occasional recocking issues
3. Ricochet Apache (19BPS)
4. Yes, changed to Timmy detents
5. No, stupid damn Allan screwhead stripped

TenderVittles
06-28-2006, 06:51 AM
1. No
2. None any more
3. Viewloader Revolution (13bps)
4. Yes
5. No

NextoN
06-28-2006, 07:25 AM
1. No
2. None I fixed it
3. Viewloader Evo II17bps(stock)
4. Yes (I was aware of the problem when I got it)
5. No need

wylde01
06-28-2006, 08:26 AM
1. No
2. zippo
3. empire reloader b 22bps
4. no mine came with black detents
5. never had to

breakxeggs
06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
1. No
2. Not anymore
3. View Loader VLocity (25bps feed; 35bps fall)
4. Nope, mine was good out of the box
5. Nope, but the spring is kinda strong

Chapman88
06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Voted No
Stock detents
VL Revolution
No bolt adjustments

No problems at all with the mr2, love it and it scares the ion owners with its
speed

breakxeggs
06-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Voted No
Stock detents
VL Revolution
No bolt adjustments

No problems at all with the mr2, love it and it scares the ion owners with its
speed

I forgot to mention that and I'm sorry for the open post like this.. but my two friends hate going against me because I consistantly out shoot their upp'd Ions with my stock MR2

new_Faction64
06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
I forgot to mention that and I'm sorry for the open post like this.. but my two friends hate going against me because I consistantly out shoot their upp'd Ions with my stock MR2

No problem man, great to hear! My MR2 still has chopping problems for some reason, but it's still REALLy good to know that other people's MR2s are out performing markers like the Ion.

MET
06-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Have Issues! Shot 1200-1500 Balls
Multi fires in semi, recock issues in semi,always in burts and auto,fires 7-9 balls in auto,then I have to recock. No major chopping!
Have a VL VLocity 25-26?
Has STD black detents
No ACS mods
Marker looks nice,feels nice! This is my first paintball experience, I doubt I'll ever buy a Kingman again. I emailed them about my concerns,no response!
If I actually did have any balls break,at least I didn't have to stop to clean it.I had a bit of blue paint in the barrel vents,so I expect a ball or two did break.

new_Faction64
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone here have the J&J barrel? Please refer to my new thread: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4432

Highbinder
06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
1:No.
2:None after about a case of paint to break it in.
3:Viewloader VLocity, advertised 25bps.
4:My gun came with the black detents, but I am currently using Bob Long "Intimidator," detents. They look and feel about the same as the stock, save a thicker base.
5:ACS has been working great as of late. The spring was super tight out of the box. It needed breaking in I believe.

Guitar_kid99
07-01-2006, 06:34 PM
no
none
empire reloader 2
no
no

this was my mr2's first day and i shot a case and 1/4 of a case with no breaks at all

Msniper
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
-No
-Spring needs broke in a little but its all good
-Gravity feed 2-4 bps
-Nope got a black one
-No

Spoolinup
07-02-2006, 07:02 PM
-NO
-Not anymore, after mods
-Empire Reloader B w/shocktech overdrive (22+)
-Yup, modified marker to dual polyurethane(clear) Timmy detents
-Yup

On a side note, my results might differ as I have eyes and am running an XSF Advantage board v1.1, which allows me to fire as fast as the hopper can feed, in semi or auto.

mortimer
07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
1. yes
2. e-trigger is now dead will not work at all batteries are good board is NFG!
2a. chops when I increase the velocity (298-300) works fine about at 250-270
3. halo 20+ bps
4. changed detents first game
5. no mods to the acs bolt.
My first post, wow.

warhammer72
07-04-2006, 11:10 PM
No, occasional recocking issue, but with the T handle its not really an issue
VLocity 25bps
blk detents
no

Nikolie
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
1. No
2. Some chopping, Auto and very quick simi,
3. VLosity 35BPS?
4. Black Detents (pritty sure these are the fixed ones)
5. Havent Broken in ACS but will do so now (Very stiff spring)

Nuwisha
09-02-2006, 06:14 AM
1. no, not anymore
2. used to chop, not recock, would break balls in the feed neck
3. Q-Loader 30+ bps
4. Yes, Timmy
5. Yes, installed an MR1 aluminum bolt

Marker setup: removed the fore-grip, shroud and bottom line adapter, Bt16 combat barrel, Bt carry handle (with hole), rap4 scope mount(fits the bt carry handle),42mm Red Dot scope, HPA tank with remote line and slidecheck, Hittman stock, Jt tac sling(mod), Q-loader, MR1 Bolt, Dye StickE Grips(mod) and a homemade abs shroud to clean the transition between the barrel and the marker body.

mortimer
09-02-2006, 08:16 AM
1. no, not anymore
2. used to chop, not recock, would break balls in the feed neck
3. Q-Loader 30+ bps
4. Yes, Timmy
5. Yes, installed an MR1 aluminum bolt

Marker setup: removed the fore-grip, shroud and bottom line adapter, Bt16 combat barrel, Bt carry handle (with hole), rap4 scope mount(fits the bt carry handle),42mm Red Dot scope, HPA tank with remote line and slidecheck, Hittman stock, Jt tac sling(mod), Q-loader, MR1 Bolt, Dye StickE Grips(mod) and a homemade abs shroud to clean the transition between the barrel and the marker body.
I'm throwing out an idea here, so bare with me pls. Because the MR1 bolt has 2 o-rings on it, it creates a better seal in the marker thus not allowing extra air to flow over the bolt and up the feed neck. Likewise allowing for you to increase your velocity so you can get the full potential out of your barrel. So With your barrel and new bolt can you increase your velocity past 260 up to but not past 300 and get better accuracy and distance without hopper breaks? thnks.

Nuwisha
09-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm throwing out an idea here, so bare with me pls. Because the MR1 bolt has 2 o-rings on it, it creates a better seal in the marker thus not allowing extra air to flow over the bolt and up the feed neck. Likewise allowing for you to increase your velocity so you can get the full potential out of your barrel. So With your barrel and new bolt can you increase your velocity past 260 up to but not past 300 and get better accuracy and distance without hopper breaks? thnks.

That might just work, but the reason i went with the MR1 bolt, was that the Q-loader would double feed balls by pushing the acs bolt back...not a good thing. I have noticed an improvement in efficiency of the MR2 since the change...not much but it is better(that and it doesn't shoot air out the back where the stock stock would go)

Command2A
09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I voted "No"
-I did have multi ball fire's and ball breaks all the time (after about 3 months)
-Empire Reloader B
-Yes, to the Black one
-Trinity MR 14" barrel
-No ACS mod's, I did get a new Bolt which solved my problems "Kudos to Kingman for helping me get my issue's solved"

DRAGON
09-03-2006, 04:46 PM
.........I did get a new Bolt which solved my problems "Kudos to Kingman for helping me get my issue's solved"

So what was different on this new bolt you got that may have solved the probs? -

speedywy
09-03-2006, 10:46 PM
1. yes
2.7-9 shots then i have to recock, some feed neck breaks but improved w/ better paint
3.VLocity 25bps
4.had black
5.no

tried to contact kingman with concerns no response

Command2A
09-05-2006, 06:32 PM
So what was different on this new bolt you got that may have solved the probs? -

The only Difference was the actual spring within the ACS bolt, I guess over time with many shots fired the original spring began to break down (very soft) the new bolt spring was much more firmer even after I did the 500 or so compressions to break it in. Also I took the original bolt apart after I got the new one, to investigate just what was going on, the bottom of that spring (the side that rests on the plastic DELRIN) had become very compressed and out of shape, not to mention Blackened with metal dust debris from the spring.

Redheadfred
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Mine chops , double feeds , in accurate . Time for an A-5 !

jon1108
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
1. NO
2. Recocking
3. Halo B V35 Board 35bps
4. stock
5. no

QuiGonKen
12-11-2006, 10:50 PM
-Yes
-both times ive tried to use it on the field it wouldnt recock....1st time i went home and lubed it...it was fine....shot great...2nd time i went out....it was shooting great until the ref said "go" then it wouldnt recock again..so i lubed it..and it still didnt work....went home bought some orings replaced the striker oring and lubed the gun...shoots fine now....hopefully it stays like that...
-apache (19+)
-yup, bought some black ones...work great...
-er..no..i dunno how to...as shown above i suck at doin stuff to my gun :D

darth massacre
12-12-2006, 01:23 AM
-Yes
-Chops - however it was only recently with a change of barrel
-Empire Reloader II (12-15bps)
-Stock detents, they work well
-Not yet, alamocity bolts on the way.

It shot remarkably well out of the package - but I ran into problems when I was trying out my new barrel. It was basically spitting paint, not paintballs. Anyway I've gone back to stock config and hopefully the new bolt comes soon.

Another funny thing was - most people have velocity problems, can't crank it high enough. My MR2 shot 290 out of the package and for some reason I was unable to crank it down until I changed to the weakest spring in the 32 deg springkit and had to cut 3/4 of an inch off. It shoots consistently now which ever FPS I set it at.

astralricow
10-03-2007, 06:05 AM
-YES!!
-at first it was de choppin prob,now i have an air leak that i hear from the barrel
-ZEggy with the 3 battery mod
-changed detents
-using the ACP low blow bolt and i own an ACP 3-oring bolt too

i really like this gun but it have spent more time at repair than playing :(

chnk
10-03-2007, 06:16 AM
-YES!!
-at first it was de choppin prob (if its still a problem buy a halo or another force fed),now i have an air leak that i hear from the barrel (replace your cup seal)
-ZEggy with the 3 battery mod
-changed detents
-using the ACP low blow bolt and i own an ACP 3-oring bolt too (use the non low blow)

i really like this gun but it have spent more time at repair than playing :(

see if that helps

jbtoronto
10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
1.None
2.Evolution 3 (25bps)
3.Nope
4.Bought a Delrin-LOW BLOW-2 O rings

*Auto is wicked!!!! and scary for those in the other side ;)

osofastferu
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes.

Spyder Mr2
JJ 14" ceramic barrel
Halo B
CCM feedneck and adapter
Intimidator detents
HPA tank

Can never shoot full auto, have to recock after three four shots.

Alien
10-04-2007, 03:12 PM
might be your acs bolt that is not broken in

osofastferu
10-04-2007, 08:04 PM
might be your acs bolt that is not broken in
yea i thought so too, but after i've compressed the spring for a week, shot like 10 cases of paintballs thru it. still doesn't seem to work. i've had this thing for maybe four months now. the only time it sorta works is when i have the velocity all the way down, which sucks

Alien
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Maybe your striker spring if you way down your velocity and it working...

jbtoronto
10-05-2007, 05:44 AM
get another bolt dude///// I never had to re-cock..and you can't have the MR2 and not blast it in full auto!

auto is wicked!

osofastferu
10-06-2007, 08:08 AM
get another bolt dude///// I never had to re-cock..and you can't have the MR2 and not blast it in full auto!

auto is wicked!
i noticed in ur sig yo have a different bolt, but when you had the stock bolt did you have the recocking issue? im all for changing the bolt but only if that's really the problem

nastystankweed
10-06-2007, 02:42 PM
1no
2no
3vl force18bps
4no
no

jbtoronto
10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
i noticed in ur sig yo have a different bolt, but when you had the stock bolt did you have the recocking issue? im all for changing the bolt but only if that's really the problem

See....I think the bolt has nothing to do with re-coking the gun...cuz really you gotta recock if you break a ball-barrel break or w.e. you HAVE TO RECOCK there's no way around that....so try using some elses bolt to see if that is it..or have in mind barrel breaks...wat kind of paintb you're using..too

and I got the new bolt cuz I like what the LOW BLOW does...plus the 2 O ring eliminates some of the blow back

Command2A
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
***THIS VOTE IS FOR MAJOR PROBLEMS ONLY***
(like chopping, double feeding, etc)

Well, in an effort to see how many people have serious problems w/ their MR2, compared to the other amount of people that say they don't get problems, I wanted to start a poll to find out what the #s are.

RULES: (Read before posting!)
-State what you voted for
-State your problem (if applicable)
-State the hopper you use and it's advertised feed rate
-State if you changed out detents
-State if you have disabled your ACS bolt

1. Yes
2. Chopping & double feed
3. Halo V32
4. Yes
5. Disabled
6. got rid of this crappy marker after I called Kingman and they sent new parts that did not fix SH!T
7 Got an Ion, no more problems... good bye blow back crap....

jbtoronto
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
haha given up too fast.....another quiter over here...good luck with your ion buddy

Command2A
10-06-2007, 09:58 PM
haha given up too fast.....another quiter over here...good luck with your ion buddy

I kept this marker for like 7 months, if thats giving up too fast.... Try a PMR buddy, it makes Spyder like fisher price gear. Only at WALL Mart.

osofastferu
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
See....I think the bolt has nothing to do with re-coking the gun...cuz really you gotta recock if you break a ball-barrel break or w.e. you HAVE TO RECOCK there's no way around that....so try using some elses bolt to see if that is it..or have in mind barrel breaks...wat kind of paintb you're using..too

and I got the new bolt cuz I like what the LOW BLOW does...plus the 2 O ring eliminates some of the blow back
well i only know one other person with an mr2 and they have the same issue as i. I don't get any ball breaks , it's actually been a while since i got a ball break or barrel break. i use shrapnel paint, cheapp but works quite well

chnk
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I kept this marker for like 7 months, if thats giving up too fast.... Try a PMR buddy, it makes Spyder like fisher price gear. Only at WALL Mart.

i have a pmr also, and its great i love it stock, before it i had a oin, hated it, traded it for a pmr,

MR2_Owner
10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
1.nope
2.no
3.Halo B 22+
4.no but did any get a yellow detent
5.yes

slim and shady
10-08-2007, 07:29 PM
1. Yes
2. Double shoots, breaks, uncocking and i sheer detents like no one elses business 1 a game.(I suspect that they are just abunch of cheep garbage, I got a bunch for like .50 at local paint shop.)
3. Halo B v35 Ripdrive 35BPS (I leave it set on 24.)
4.Yes cheep garbage not sure what they are, black.
5. Use ACS stock bolt (going low pressure and changing all internals this winter from chnks sugestions if I can aford it)