PDA

View Full Version : Painting my gun

Ace24
06-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I want to change the paint. I have heard of people on here custom painting their guns. I have some "Hammered Metal Black" paint from my bike that I painted and was wondering how I would go about painting the body of the gun. Should I stick a cloth on the inside where the spray paint could leak? what should I do about sanding down the existing paint? Is it worth painting over?

The main reason I want to paint my gun is because I dont like silver. Its too obvious in the woodsball field.

kidonfire
06-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Otters did a review on how to paint your marker.
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paint.html
I have not tried it but I probably will, when I want to paint my marker. Hope this helps :D.

Ace24
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
That somewhat helped... but I still have a question about the painting...

That said to tape off the holes and such, but if I tape off the holes, I will get a ring of the origonal paint not painted. :-\

Idk... I'll see if I can get the tape on there without touching much of the gun.

----------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------
I figured out what I can do. I figured out a pattern where I can keep some of the origonal paint and make it look cool. I will post the picks up when I am done painting it. It will look pimp.

twiztidjuggalo
06-27-2006, 10:39 PM
i had tha problem when i did my gun, i just hand painted those spots with a small brush and it turned out fine

Ace24
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Ok. I will try that if I need to.

Ace24
06-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Do I really need to do the baking part of the painting? Has anyone tried this meathod?

thechubbss12
06-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Bakeing will help the paint stick to the metal better... thus it will last longer and not scratch as easyly....

I would suggest bakeing it.

TheRogueGnome
06-28-2006, 07:56 AM
we painted my friends electro. we took really fin sand paper and gave it alittle abrasiveness and the stuffed papertowels in all the exposed parts. after stripping the gun down totally. hung it in a small tree by a clothes hanger and let is bake in the sun all day..it looks great and the paint hasnt scratched or chipped at all. Used flat black spray paint

Frat
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Bakeing will help the paint stick to the metal better... thus it will last longer and not scratch as easyly....

I would suggest bakeing it.

Close adhesion is really about surface prep. Make sure it is clean. I use acetone to clean and do not touch it with out rubber gloves on after cleaning. The baking process cures the paint harder than air dry thus allowing for the longer wear. If you have an air brush you have more options for painting. Make sure the paint you are using is not cheap or artist paint. you want an outdoor all weather paint. One of the guys out at the field last weekend used the wrong kind of paint and in the heat it got tacky.

ShadowX
06-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I would really suggest getting the body Annodized.. As long as the body is aluminum, I am guessing this is for your Fenix, and in that case the Body is aluminum.. Paint will not hold up very well and even if you bake it, I still might Chip.. There are online Anno places I know, Just search around, and There might be some shops that anno around where you live locally.. Check that out too..

thechubbss12
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Yes but anno cost anywere from $70-$100... and ill bet ya he doesnt want to pay that much to get his marker a diffrent color.

Ace24
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I have really specific things I want to do with it too. I want to leave some silver on it, not change the color completely... So there will be silver outlines and stuff. Its going to look cool. If I prime it and everything it should be fine. I am using Rustoilium paint, (the same I used on my bike frame, wich hasnt chipped and the frame is aluminum.) Same brand primer, and clear coat.

I didnt even bake the paint on the bike frame and its fine.

Ace24
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/Rebeccaandmypaintballpaintjob016cop.jpg

Thats how it is so far. Now all I have to do is put the protective layer of enamel paint on making it so the new paint and the old paint dont flake. Then I will bake it.

What do you think so far?

I used Metalic Black paint for it to match the stock Metalic Silver that was on it. They both have an identicle sparkle... its soo pretty..... *feels like a squirrel with shiney objects*