PDA

View Full Version : What do QEV's actually do?

Paradox313
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Im trying to cut a orderpaintball.com purchase buy alot
so i see that alot of people recomend QEV's for Ions
exactly what do they do? and what QEV do you recomend?

EDIT:
ok so i got the QEV problem solved.
Now im gonna go with some other questions with the ion so i dont have to make a new thread.

1) The Macroline kit. Do i need to buy hoses and fittings for the ion?
2) CP ASA. Do i need to buy the macroline kit or can the stock hoses work?
3) ST Clamp Feedneck. Costs $30 and is the cheapest for the ion. do they work fairly well

UKwithPride
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
they are quick exhaust valves, they let the gun cycle faster. and it let's you turn the dwell down alot.

ShadowX
06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Correct me if I am wrong Mr. Efficiency Consultant (You know who you are).. But I am pretty sure that It allows you to lower your dwell, get more efficiency, and let's the marker cycle faster because It bleeds the excess air after every shot faster and closer to the front of the bolt..

Let Claustrophobia9 comment on this thread before you make any purchases though..

I have a QEV in my ION and it AWESOME! It gave me about another full loader full of paint per tank fill.. Also QEV's trap grease from going into your solenoid.. Overall, A great investment for 15-20 Bucks, You can't beat that..

Paradox313
06-27-2006, 01:01 PM
cool
but i see that Virtue, NDZ, SP, and Eclipse make QEV's
im leaning over toward NDZ because they are the better one (to my knowledge) on orderpaintball.com

big_daddy_d
06-27-2006, 01:04 PM
it makes the little gerbils in the marker run faster resulting in a higher BPS...

druid
06-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Clippard styled QEV's work best for Ions but the Eclipse is no slouch either. Get the Clippard with the quick disconnect so it's easier to change/dismount the hose

DRAGON
06-27-2006, 01:16 PM
cool
but i see that Virtue, NDZ, SP, and Eclipse make QEV's.........

That's pretty funny lol. SP makes QEV's but they don't include them in Ions. Interesting indeed - :cheapdodgy:

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Drago... lol

It blows my mind how many people buy stuff without knowing what they are besides it makes my gun better so I got it.

Eclipse QEV > all IMHO

but the clippard is good for the ion I guess.

big_daddy_d
06-27-2006, 01:36 PM
have to remember for the eclipse QEV that slight body modification may be necessary...

druid
06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
That's pretty funny lol. SP makes QEV's but they don't include them in Ions. Interesting indeed - :cheapdodgy:

and by all accounts...the 360 is crap (on an Ion) to boot.....

ShadowX
06-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Out of all those brands you listed, I would go with the Smart Parts QEV.. It is a 360 Swivel design, Which means you don't have to add o-rings and thread tape until your QEV lines up just right.. The SP QEV will go in and out of the marker like a normal banjo fitting.. You can just screw it until it is BARELY tight with the allen wrench and then swivel the QEV around to get it lined up without screwing it in or unscrewing it..

Trust me, Go with the SP QEV.. Such a much better design.. I have a NDZ and it's a plain in the ass, because of how you have to get it lined up just right.. And it doesn't have the swivel..

nbishop66
06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
I have the 360, the baby works great and it's very easy to install, no modding necessary. My dwell is at 12 flashes and I get +- 5 fps with the stock reg.

Instead of the air dumping back into the solenoid, it's exhausted out this valve, keeping the solenoid cleaner.

Follow this link to the ionowners forum for a full explanation.
http://www.ionowners.com/showthread.php?t=115

This also might not be the best place to be asking these questions. Druid turned me on to www.ionowners.com (http://www.ionowners.com). Most of you questions are answered in stickies there.