PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Victa_Balla
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Well as most of you (or some) know, Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans are often in dissagreement or disliking of one another. But i was watching TNG today and noticed something during the credits...

Industrial Lights and Magic is credited to helping with each episode of The Next Generation. Industrial Lights and Magic is a major part of Lucas Arts....Ironic eh?

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Either way you're a nerd... haha. I never really noticed that they hated each other but if I had top choose one it would def. be Star Wars

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Your a trekie?

druid
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
it's Trekker :dodgy:...you...you...Tribble...:D

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 01:22 PM
druid go to work or something... :dodgy:

WhatThaSmurf
06-27-2006, 06:59 PM
wait, he can't go to work :dodgy:

durrell
06-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I find it not-so-irony that no one here cares.

lol :D

Recon by Fire
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't care about that news but I am a big scifi geek, I am not a nerd...

newkid
06-29-2006, 06:21 PM
irony- isn't it wonderful! :)

druid
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
resistance is futile :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
06-30-2006, 05:10 AM
resistance is futile :dodgy:
do or do not, there is no try

DFSniper
06-30-2006, 12:15 PM
i <3 starwars and i used to watch the original Star Trek and TNG (William Shatner and Patrick Stewart are awesome!)

sidenote: Patrick Stewart did the voice for the emperor on Oblivion

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm a huge Star Trek fan - not to the point of attending the conventions or wearing the uniforms or a Klingon costume - but I've been watching ST episodes since I was a little kid.

I enjoyed TNG AFTER the first couple of seasons - up until then, they were just original Star Trek remakes (done poorly) but got much better when Tasha Yar put on the two piece and did some "downloading" with Data....

Liked Voyager, but missed the entire last two seasons because our cable company got rid of the channel that had it. Hated DeepSpace 9. Loved Enterprise, but it was too short lived.

I like Star Wars, but never got into it as much as others. I think I liked the "possible" future that Star Trek showed for humans, as opposed to the "long ago, in a galaxy far, far away" stuff....

Kirk, Stewart and then Scott Bakula, in that order for Captains....WAYYYAAYYYYY down the list is that Katherine Captain chick...

druid
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
7 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01

....:facelick::love::facelick:such a yummy morsel:facelick::love::facelick:

and Kes...right before she left the show...made my shorts a little steamy too :D

vikingshadow
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Ah, Kes....

http://www.hi.is/~pallj/jennifer/kes/pubpic1/lien303.jpg

7 of 9

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/seven-of-nine04/320x240.jpg

Of course, there's B'ellana Torres

http://www.warpcore.startrekvoyager.nl/en/afbeeldingen/jpeg/belanna_torres.jpg

But NONE hold a candle to the Vulcan Hottie, T'pol

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/news-124794-4/240x320.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/MirrorTPol.JPG

Who says that SciFi has to be boring? :D

druid
06-30-2006, 05:17 PM
not me.......lol...and ya...T'Pol is hawt and so was B'Ellana when her Klingon half was separated from her human half

marvin-martian
06-30-2006, 05:18 PM
tdown to scifi

Victa_Balla
06-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm a trekkie. I wont go to convetions...And ill never wear a costume. But i love the show.

timmyshoota
06-30-2006, 07:37 PM
ILM does stuff for pretty much everything to do with anything in the industry. ILM > *

druid
06-30-2006, 09:20 PM
tdown to scifi

sounds like someone doesn't have an imagination...but then again...thumbs down to scifi and have that avatar about a scifi cartoon

marvin-martian
06-30-2006, 09:41 PM
i just see most scifi as C or B class movies. they have potential that isnt reached and become poorly made.

timmyshoota
07-01-2006, 09:57 AM
he's saying thumbs down to scifi channel. heaven forbid someone not like something.

druid
07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
lol....that's not what i was saying...his post of...

:quote: Tdown to scifi :/quote:

...can be interpreted to mean "ALL" scifi (and that's how I understood it) but the genre of 'scifi' would include his avatar. His response should have been written to include "channel" ....if that's what his true intention was - and if that's the case (which it obviously is), the grammar Nazi should look within himself for perfection before slamming me for a T instead of a D :dodgy: .....lol...but enough of that...

...but overall, marvin is correct on some of the lower budget MOVIES...they are made kinda crappy...

I was speaking about scifi in general. Victa originally posted about star trek/star wars and the fact that....

:quote:
Industrial Lights and Magic is credited to helping with each episode of The Next Generation. Industrial Lights and Magic is a major part of Lucas Arts....Ironic eh?
:/quote:

.....which has little or nothing to do with the "scifi channel" in it's proper description...perhaps star wars might appear there, but Star Trek is on the lower 50 channels more often...so it matters not for the reference to the "scifi channel" in general...

The irony he points out is that one company produced (or helped produce) the special effects for two competing (if you can call it that) shows within one particular genre.