PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Backplate (Stock replacement cap)

new_Faction64
06-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Anyone have any ideas on what can be used to cover the backhole behind the bolt on the MR2? Lately I haven't put on the stock because it's too heavy w/ an on-gun C02 tank, and just feels too weird.

But I've also been crawling around w/ my gun alot, and am nervous that I'll be getting dirt and debris in the back of the gun's uncovered hole. Anyone have any ideas on what can be used to cover it when the stock is not in use?

TenderVittles
06-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I have the same problem because I dont use the stock. I thought putting the barrel plug in would help, but it looks dumb since its yellow.. I just try to be careful, but I would like to know what could be used instead.

NextoN
06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I know what you have to do.. Look at your shroud it has a thing sticking out (just like barrel plug) just smaler a black thing im not very good in english but take it out.. It's even two o-rings on it. Then you just put it in :) and then you dont have to be afraid of mud, dirt and so on :) I can post a picture later..

"The thing that sticks out from the shroud" Go go go take it out it's nooo need :)

Guitar_kid99
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
then we get worried aabout dirt in there but then again it would be easy to clean
or unless you dont use your shroud
i thing that you should spray paint the barrel plug black then cut it up in places so htat it is a little smaller

Eric182
06-28-2006, 04:12 PM
For a quick-fix, use a peice of black electrical tape, or get a cork from a wine bottle or something and carve it with a knife to make a good fit. I have a wood lathe at home, so I made a custom one similar to the one on the front, and painted it black.

Highbinder
06-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I saw an upgrade part on my friends TL-R. It was a velocity adjuster knob, but built onto it was a cover for the hole behind your bolt. It you want to put a little something into an upgrade, that part may fit an MR2. I'll have to look at the TL-R next time we got paintballin.

TenderVittles
06-30-2006, 07:29 PM
I dont think that would work, theres already a velocity adjustment knob above the hole

new_Faction64
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
I dont think that would work, theres already a velocity adjustment knob above the hole

It does work, we have 3 TL-R's and I actually tried that today. Seemingly worked perfectly, but I'd need to buy a spare one so I could put it on my MR2. The downside is that they are chrome color (shiny metal).

ViperX
10-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I've created a backplug using 5/8" Zinc plated round rod purchased at home depot. Cut it using a cutting wheel on a air grinder to same length as the stock insert, then used same cutting wheel and walked it around the rod to form grooves for the o-rings just like on the stock. Drilled and tapped the same hole for the retaining set screw and another hole on the back of the plug where I mounted a backplate cut to the dimensions of the rear of the marker and held in place by a Mag-cap(bought at wal-mart in sporting goods) Used to mount swivels for 1" gun slings onto shotguns. Also used a piece of rubber I had laying around the garage to make a gasket between the plate and marker. I'll have to post a photo if there's any interest in it.

Nuwisha
10-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Yesterday I ended up turning down a piece to fit, I even did the grooves for some O-rings to fit, and tapped it for the stock's screw to work. I didn't think it would make much difference(other than keeping the dirt out) but it seems to help quiet the gun down a bit too.

The next step is to buy a sling mount and drill and tap for that, I'll post a pic when i'm done.

SilentAssassin
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
i used my barrel plug and just painted it flat black. It looks cool like that i think!