PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Protection/Clothing

Slammed0
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I was curious as to what you guys wear out on the field. I was thinking about my "sensitive" area and getting a cup. :) I saw on Action Village they have slider pants that are padded around and have a padded cup. I think this would be a great area to protect. You guys ever try these? Also I was looking at the padded vests that are padded front and back. Am I being a weiner of do these things work great?

My only thing I wear now is a shirt and then a dark blue sweater. It actually works great with padding the impact, but as you can imagine it gets HOT! I do enjoy having the hood though because I have been shot in the hood and if it wasn't there it would have been my neck area!! :(

I just want to be safe while enjoying the sport.

marvin-martian
06-26-2006, 07:08 PM
i just wear my diablo pants and a t-shirt...

twiztidjuggalo
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
u should wear what u feel the most confertable and safe in, i wear either shorts or pants, and my either my hoosy or tippman shirt depend on weather

schock
06-26-2006, 07:46 PM
wear some pants, t-shirt and a Jersey...
then if it gets too hot take off the jersey

Live2Play
06-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Its good you want to be safe, theres never anything wrong with wanting that. If having your neck uncovered bothers you, you can buy a neck gaurd for relatively cheap. They can all be found under ten bucks. I even wear one and I've been playing for 4 years, so dont think "its a noob accessory". I like to call it smart lol. I was shot in the neck when I was playing one weekend and it bothered me for the rest of the day. Having the neck gaurd on just helps absorb some of the energy from the paintball. Plus, I've heard some horror stories about people having trouble breathing afterwards when being shot in the neck...not fun.

As for the slider shorts, I'd go with them. I would atleast always wear a cup. Remember, you cant replace your boys.

druid
06-26-2006, 08:17 PM
terrycloth hand towel, tucked in your waistband like an Apache Loin-cloth FTW

Frat
06-26-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.hoffmanpaintball.com/

I have a set of their digital camo and the stuff is great. Breaths really well and keeps you cool.

UKwithPride
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I just wear my Dye pants and a short sleeve shirt.

Slammed0
06-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Great! Thanks guys! I will take in all your tips/advice!

bigred76
06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I wear my 2k3 Empire Pro pants, 2k5 Empire React/ C4 jersey, my Nike football cleats, and my VForce Vantage goggles. I have Under Armour I wear under that, and that's all I wear on the field. If it's REALLY cold, I might wear a beanie.

druid
06-26-2006, 11:24 PM
pffffft......what's cold in CA....75*F? ......pffffffffffft.....panzy. I play in
-20* winters...you...you...san andreas fault-rider you .....:D

Sandman_Bravo
06-27-2006, 01:33 AM
I just wear my camo pants but I've been thinking about trying druids idea, just gotta find camo or OD towel.

vikingshadow
06-27-2006, 04:39 AM
I only wear my Redz pants and a sleeveless t-shirt with Jersey - plus knee pads and elbow pads. If it's too hot, I take the jersey off. I used to wear a cup, but you superman wrong one time, and the cup is not that great an investment! Plus it was starting to chafe - I did the "loin cloth" thing Druid mentioned for awhile, but if you keep behind your bunkers you don't need that either.

ShadowX
06-27-2006, 07:08 AM
I wear my 05 Proto pants, Empire Ventz elbow pads, Nike soccer cleats, Proto headband with camo mesh..

Sometimes I wear glvoes, Like in the winter when it is REALLY cold..

The arm pads are a GREAT investment though.. They have great padding for superman dives and crawling down the snake.. Also, They get Mad bounces, I have caught so many bounces from them..

WhatThaSmurf
06-27-2006, 07:12 AM
and my VForce Vantage goggles.
and that make him the only one to mention goggles so far

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I go naked.

vikingshadow
06-27-2006, 09:18 AM
That's why I took a 4 month vacation...everytime I got near a field, that vision was in my mind and I just got sick....

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
That's why I took a 4 month vacation...everytime I got near a field, that vision was in my mind and I just got sick....

Dont lie, it is also the reson you came back to the sport.

thechubbss12
06-27-2006, 11:13 AM
LOL ahahaha
Red is my Hero.....

I just wear the pants (2k6 Empire Reacts)... ive been shot in the nuts quite a few times... it hurts but what do i care if we win?... Pain is nothing unless you loose thats my opinion....
My pants actuly have a awesome Unremovable nut guard... so i feel fine walking out on the field... also about them elbow and knee pads... i cant wear them they get in my way horribly... so if i tear the crap out of my knees and elbows that just means i did good.

Paradox313
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
the dye c6 pants have padding around the crotch area.
Its not the best padding but the pants feel great!
If you want to spen $100 on them i would recommend them

kidonfire
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I pretty much wear pants and a long sleeve shirt with a T-shirt over it. But wear what feels good to you. But if you wear too much padding you won't have any welts to show off ;) .

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 02:20 PM
But if you wear too much padding you won't have any welts to show off ;) .

the way I see it you strive to be better so that you do not have welts to show off. Wearing too much is just stupid heat stroke FTL not to mention it is no fun for anyone playing you because everything that hits you bounces.

sportz8978
06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Ive shot a friend in the "sensative" area

we were playing in the woods. I kept shooting him until he finally screamed out i give up !

NO MERCY !!

marvin-martian
06-27-2006, 05:00 PM

we were playing in the woods. I kept shooting him until he finally screamed out i give up !

NO MERCY !!
what a coo kid you are :eyeroll:

TheRedBarron
06-27-2006, 06:58 PM

NO MERCY !!
Thats not funny it is unsafe that is a good way to hurt someone. I can understand bonuse balling in a tourny if it is necesary but i a woodsball game with friends.. cmon now.

TheRogueGnome
06-28-2006, 08:26 AM
i just wear my ACU ripstop Bdus..but we play woodsball though