PDA

View Full Version : Ion Owners...Lucky Stage 4 Premiered

druid
06-26-2006, 09:46 AM
...at Chicago PSP!!!!

Presenting...the Lucky stage 4 Board and Lucky Stage 6 teaser. Premiered at Chicago PSP, the Stage 4 will be available at the Boston Event. Price and specs have not been posted at this time but some general info was added by a forum member/the photographer (aimeagle21) at the event. Please see bottom of post for that information (provided by aea414). Now...picture proof...enjoy.

:NOTE: What you see is all the information I have right now. Stay tuned though...it shouldn't be long now :YAY!!:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/LuckyBoardA.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/LuckyBoardC.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/LuckyBoardB.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/LuckyBoardD.jpg

aea414 says:
No plug and play membrane pad
The guys said once they get their board out they will be passing on the technology to Virtue and other board manufactors(SP) to program with their fireing modes. This means T-board too. new noid for the ION WOOT WOOT
New rear banjo. I'll post more later, but those are the pics i got. no it was not firing at all.

The stage 6 is gonna happen and will have dif variations for dif price ranges (less milling for cheaper ones

AVALIABLE AT BOSTON EVENT

druid's note: I tried to search more info from Nation but there's too many on at once.

bamf-hacker
06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Nice... Keep us posted on specs etc. Druid.

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 07:40 PM
it can use a mac46 series noid.... thats the same one WAS uses, the 121 cps one... wooo! i want it. i hope it uses dm5 chips too!

lucky in my book has just lost the "s" and earned back the "L" for the time being

(sucky->Lucky if you are like too u know... d.dd(say it))

druid
06-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Will do Hacker!
claus...it uses the DM 4/5/C chipsets...from stock-to CodeX-to NOX...and if you hold out until the board's released....some 'other' suprises as well :D

I'll keep ya'll up to date as I get permission to pass on what I know....:D

UKwithPride
06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
What is the stage 6?

druid
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
stage 6 is a BOB body kit much like my stage 5. Details are....:whistling:.....not released yet :D

UKwithPride
06-26-2006, 11:34 PM
stage 6 is a BOB body kit much like my stage 5. Details are....:whistling:.....not released yet :D
Thought so, lol.

claustrophobia9
06-27-2006, 05:22 AM
lucky is really trying to make the ion NOT a pile marker with a few pile upgrades and a few awesome ones... their bolts.... suck.

spydr
06-27-2006, 07:32 AM
stage 4 is the board stage 6 is the milling to use the board :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 06:30 AM
stage 4 is the board stage 6 is the milling to use the board :dodgy:
they milled it so you could see in the frame, it goes in through the top... stage 6 is a lighter body with real BOB
there was really nothing wrong with the ion noid... except that other people had to pay to use the design on their boards....

druid
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
claus is right. The stock Ion noid is more than adequate for the marker but the MAC noid that's available with the stage 4 is more robust. It can handle the higher ROF's desired by NationNubiles and cheaters' extraordinaire

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
well actually the ion noid could reach speeds of 40cps in tests with full pressure and is much easier to clean and is far less susceptable to grease buildup problems... it just LOOKS cheep. the ion internals cant hit more than abotu 26bps however.... This noid's olny practicality is that boards will probibly become cheeper because noids dont need to be sodered on.

druid
06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
mine hits 30.....

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
:tup: for you

claustrophobia9
07-02-2006, 06:26 PM
something i just realized in a 6 hour car ride... i was thinking why is there a new rear banjo....

well lets see... the ion uses a unique 3 way solenoid (1 input, 1 output, 1 exaust) with one consistant output that goes to the rear but still goes through the head of the solenoid... here is where i expirenced the puzzle.

the solenoid lucky is using is a 4 way solenoid... meaning the output switches between one and another. that means the consistant rearward output that MAKES THE GUN FIRE would dump every time it cycles... meaning it wouldnt cycle... that means that lucky either has it programed NOT to do that (by plugging out 2 and moving the split banjo to the reg(which wouldnt accept dm5 chips then) or has redesigned the rear banjo to be a wierd variation of the QEV which is designed NOT to exhast the chamber if flow changes direction. this would allow the board to still accept dm5 chips, unfortuately it also means you are dumping the hose supply worth of air every shot, which doesnt seem to be very efficient if people were worried about rearward orings before this advancement...

i think its a good idea with a good amount of flaws in the ideaology of those who will be buying it. it could actually sacrifice speed imo because the hose needs to be repressurized each shot... time will tell i guess.

edit: its also just as likely you could blow a capacitor as it was with the old ion noid because the MAC noid is just as power hungry and needs that much.

edit2: i worded the first one funny which made no sense in comparison to how an ion fires, but if you think about it it might still make sense... im to lazy to change it. btw does this thing take dm5 chips? if not **** it... its garbage.