PDA

View Full Version : Shot my first EP today

Slammed0
06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Well I went to a course today with some friends. Played my first woodsball game. That was pretty fun! There were some guys out there playing some speedball on another course. Met a cool guy who helps run the place and he let me shoot his $800 Indian Creek gun. I forget the model. All I can say is I am sold! :D

Still though, my gun had another kick ass day of shooting. Accurate and reliable! Tried HPA on my gun as well. Seemed to work pretty darn good. Although at first it was burping but for some reason it went away. :shrug:

marvin-martian
06-25-2006, 05:13 PM
so you liked the freestyle? do you see why people get expensive markers now?

thechubbss12
06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Bahh spool valves are nice... but im a stack tube guy..

Hope you can pick one up... they sell for pretty cheap resale =).

Slammed0
06-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Bahh spool valves are nice... but im a stack tube guy..

Hope you can pick one up... they sell for pretty cheap resale =).

He was saying something about stack tubes. What is the difference? I am not sure I know what the difference is.

Hob Hayward
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I have yet to fire an EP :(

TheRedBarron
06-25-2006, 06:23 PM
If you actually liked the freestyle you will love a real high end gun :p. not many people care for the freestyle anymore, personally they are not for me either, but i would suggest testing the high end market before jumping in face first, go to the shop try a few high end guns out and check them out compare them and then make a decision.

Slammed0
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Ya I appreciate the advice. Still being a newb it might be awhile before I jump into an expensive marker. I loved the small taste of one that I got today though!

TheRedBarron
06-25-2006, 10:44 PM
many high end guns have that feel.

timbertiger20
06-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I love my freestyle! Honestly I like the balance and feel of it better than most of the other guns I have fired. The only reason I'm selling mine is because my borg is so much more efficient and a bit lighter. Otherwise I like the feel of the FS better. The freestyle is a great marker. You can pick a used FS7 up for $400.00 which is a great price! They do have horrible resale though! Buy used!

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 06:14 AM
i dont think anyone answered this. in a stacked tube the valve is below the bolt like in spyders and an air operated ram that also moves the bolt actuates it and air flows up, into a corner and out the bolt.

in a spool valve the bolt moves forward and when it reaches a certain spot in the cycle the air behind it is no longer sealed in and it flows forwards.

usually stacked tubes are taller with smaller tubes than spool valaves. the dm series is an exception to the taller thing because it has an lpr on the lower area, which is said to not be needed on smartparts designed spool valve markers.

thechubbss12
06-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Unless you buy a Evil V/A... (not yet released or so i hear) Which has a LPR on it... a guy at my field is a friend with the owner of Evil/PMI and he asked him to try it out on his shocker...

Stack tubes are also as of now able to cycle faster then spool valves which might change in the near future...

Slammed0
06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
i dont think anyone answered this. in a stacked tube the valve is below the bolt like in spyders and an air operated ram that also moves the bolt actuates it and air flows up, into a corner and out the bolt.

in a spool valve the bolt moves forward and when it reaches a certain spot in the cycle the air behind it is no longer sealed in and it flows forwards.

usually stacked tubes are taller with smaller tubes than spool valaves. the dm series is an exception to the taller thing because it has an lpr on the lower area, which is said to not be needed on smartparts designed spool valve markers.

Excellent! Thank you very much!

Slammed0
06-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Well I live in Boise, ID and Indian Creek is manufactured/headquartered in Nampa (a Boise suburb). So one of the guys out at the field was an actual sales rep for them. He had a few guns out there and was talking about them with us. He wasn't pushy trying to sell or anything, just straight being a nice guy. He owns a Spyder too! :D He said its his "project gun".

Sandman_Bravo
06-27-2006, 05:34 AM
You see, no matter what you buy after a Spyder- you still keep a place for it.