PDA

View Full Version : smashed new truck

Sandman_Bravo
06-25-2006, 04:56 AM
So I have an '06 Nissan Titan pick-up. I had a 1994 Chevy Z-71 for 12 years I'd bought new. I have cut down some overgrown trees in my back yard and there were some big pieces from the main trunk laying on the ground. I drove into the back yard to drop off some gas for the log splitter and on the way out clipped one of the big logs with the passenger side door and the extended cab corner.
#@*%ing !$%#!

:mad: :shocked: :hoppingmad: :headbrick: :embarassed: :foreheadslap: :down: :cloud:

So last night I had a few, I'm so bummed out today.

durrell
06-25-2006, 05:25 AM
That sucks man..lol depending on the damage you might be dropping 7 or 800 bucks..

thechubbss12
06-25-2006, 05:54 AM
LOL Sux man... hope it doesnt cost too much to get it fixed....

Hoppy11
06-25-2006, 11:26 AM
That blows man. Only bad thing about buying a new truck, you get so pissed off when you scratch or dent it. But it sounds like you did some serious damage so it would suck either way. Hope it works out for you.

timmyshoota
06-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Time to call your insurance company. This is why I like lowered imports, you go under pretty much everything. :)

colonel_moo
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Time to call your insurance company. This is why I like lowered imports, you go under pretty much everything. :)

yeah, and not to mention if you run out of room in your trunk, you can just store things in your dual 12 inch tail pipes which are slowing down your stock four-banger tremendously, and you can tune your kazoo to the engine noise!

durrell
06-26-2006, 07:52 AM
yeah, and not to mention if you run out of room in your trunk, you can just store things in your dual 12 inch tail pipes which are slowing down your stock four-banger tremendously, and you can tune your kazoo to the engine noise!

bahaha Owned

Domestic FTW

Sandman_Bravo
06-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Well actually, the Titan is a V8 5.6L dual overhead cam engine; not a four banger. I'm looking at around $1200 for repairs. I can't turn it in on my insurance because my wife has had 2 deer collisions in the past 10 months. (we live in the boondocks)

TacTownKilla
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM

including semi trucks that your goin to rip off right?

timmyshoota
06-26-2006, 03:41 PM
including semi trucks that your goin to rip off right?
Yep

Moo - :dodgy: Thats all you get

colonel_moo
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Well actually, the Titan is a V8 5.6L dual overhead cam engine; not a four banger. I'm looking at around $1200 for repairs. I can't turn it in on my insurance because my wife has had 2 deer collisions in the past 10 months. (we live in the boondocks)

Calm down, I wasn't even talking to you. I was making fun of ricers, notice the quote of timmyshoota's comment about lowered imports.

timmyshoota
06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Calm down, I wasn't even talking to you. I was making fun of ricers, notice the quote of timmyshoota's comment about lowered imports.
Which is a subject I don't even want to get into, because its a subject full of ignorance.

bamf-hacker
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
nah don't worry about it... Fix it when you can, and for now it adds character :)

and besides, until there is a scratch or dent it is not a real truck...

HacKeR

durrell
06-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Which is a subject I don't even want to get into, because its a subject full of ignorance.

Just like you're ignorant about domestics. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

Sandman_Bravo
06-27-2006, 02:28 AM

I'm chill, I was just stating what the Titan powerplant is. Thanx for the kind words everyone. I'm just now getting over being mad at myself... can't cry over spilled milk- but I can think of better things to do with 1200 dollars!

durrell
06-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah I wouldn't consider the Titan a ricer, it has more stock horspower than most trucks out there..

70Vette69
06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
That sucks. My wife waited 3 months for a car she order only to hit a deer 1 week later. $3K of damage, so we know how you feel. I am not sure if you can drink enough beer to make you feel better, but you can always try.

The hell with your insurance Company. I would turn it in a second. If they drop you or significantly raise your premiums, go find someone else and take all of your policies with you. If your insurance company can't handle the few claims you have had then you don't want them in the first place. I speak from experience. I moved to a new neighborhood several years ago and had my car broken into 3 times in as many months and they dropped me. Turned out it was the best thing they could of done. I have a much better insurance company and they are cheaper. If you can't tell I am not very fond of insurance companies but you shouldn't feel like you can't submit a claim, you pay them enough.

Good luck!!!!!!

DFSniper
06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
moral of the story: stick with domestics! lol, naw, but sucks for $1200 that could be spent on whatever...