PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts 20 Oz Anti-Siphon C02 w| On\OFF Help!

EliteEagleX
06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I just got this tank and was wondering if it actually has a TDC, when I fire my Pilot ACS the barrel gets wet and moist and I thought gas alone wouldn't do that so maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe I could just be wrong and C02 Gas alone still does get stuff very cold and moist. I was just wondering if anyone else had this canister and knew if I was doing it right or wrong, before I would just screw it on all the way and turn it on however on Action Village I read that you turn it all the way in and then back it out so that the on\off valve is pointed upward, I did that and it seems to be the exact same as when it wasn't that way.... Meh, I only WISH we had more Nitrogen stores in Atlanta so I could just use HPA Canisters. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ooglieboogliebob
06-24-2006, 10:07 PM
... well the co2 tank you bought will be no good .... unless the positioning of the antisiphon is up just like your gun is, it won't work ... there might be a marking which way is up but im not sure ... thats why most people don't buy anti-siphoned tanks ... rather they do it themselves or get an airsmith to do it for them ...

EliteEagleX
06-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Hm... Ok then, I think it is where the valve is pointed upward, one more, if it was set wrong could it be WORSE than a regular c02 tank? aka could it ONLY be sucking up liquid?

ooglieboogliebob
06-25-2006, 09:57 AM
yep, it'd pretty much be a siphon tube

viperx6x9x
06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
would a remote tank with anti siphon work right?, unless your laying prone the tank is always pointing up.

druid
06-25-2006, 11:56 AM
no it won't because it will draw the liquid into the gun. take the marker and the tank to your proshop to set it up properly

Hob Hayward
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah if you've got a remote just use a normal tank, a tank held vertically with antisiphon thats decently full will suck the co2 in.

EliteEagleX
06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Meh, After firin' 200 shots off today I noticed my barrel was completly SOAKED so I'm assumeing the Anti-Siphon isn't even working >.< I think it'll be better if I just buy a normal c02 tank because I think this one is just sucking up liquid.

ooglieboogliebob
06-25-2006, 06:59 PM
return it ... or you can always give it to me ;) ..... or ...... sell it to me :p

or i could always do an anti-siphon for you ... at a small fee (although i needa borrow my friends vice again then...)

BTW .. use the tank some more ..... if you get horrible efficiency ... or your gun's getting ... COLD or internals actually freeze... then you know it's really not working ....

bamf-hacker
06-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Meh, After firin' 200 shots off today I noticed my barrel was completly SOAKED so I'm assumeing the Anti-Siphon isn't even working >.< I think it'll be better if I just buy a normal c02 tank because I think this one is just sucking up liquid.

Well it could be working, but it most likely not lined up correctly (as stated above)

Take the tank to a certified airsmith and have them set up the anti-siphon for you. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR MARKER... If you don't then it may not be lined up again.

or..... Get a new tank and not worry about the anti-siphon. :)

HacKeR

Ares
06-25-2006, 08:03 PM
the tube will be in the right direction when the knob is facing up

ooglieboogliebob
06-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Well it could be working, but it most likely not lined up correctly (as stated above)

Take the tank to a certified airsmith and have them set up the anti-siphon for you. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR MARKER... If you don't then it may not be lined up again.

or..... Get a new tank and not worry about the anti-siphon. :)

HacKeR

Or .... you could always mark the top with a white marker when you screw it all the way in rather than bringing the bulky marker ... (marking both the valve and the tank)

WhatThaSmurf
06-25-2006, 09:27 PM
i wish they would make the hard core ones that float on top of the liquid cheaper. because with those it doesn't matter which way is up.

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 06:31 AM
or get a new asa.... the smartparts ones have been infamous for only working with smartparts asas (go figure!) if you take it to an aismith be prepaired to have to bring it every time you change asa's.

right now, i would screw it all the way in, then screw it out so the onoff knob is facing up, see how much room there is, take off the tank, then place an oring or two( depending on how far out it sticks) inside the asa so that it seals properly then rescrew the tank on.

ShadowX
06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Meh, I only WISH we had more Nitrogen stores in Atlanta so I could just use HPA Canisters

What are you thinking? There is plenty of places to get HPA filled.. Paintball Atlanta in Roswell and Cumming both, Classic paintball in Lithia Springs, Ultimate paintball in Canton, Nitro Paintball in Ball Ground, Oh, and Georgia Paintball in Stockbridge..

bamf-hacker
06-26-2006, 07:11 PM
or you could be adventurous and make your own HPA filling station out of scuba tanks.

Then everyone could go to you for their fills :)

HacKeR