PDA

View Full Version : Arm/elbow pads...

DyNasty9
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
ok i need a pair of arm pads cuz my arms are getting beat to hell. im think the dye or protos, but im jw like what size i should get? im about 5'9" btw.

and has anyone had experience with the dye and proto arm pads.

timmyshoota
06-24-2006, 08:14 PM
whats your weight? Dye C5's I had were awesome. I'm 6'1" 150lbs and I had XS. I'm skinny, and they were a tiny bit tight, which is how I like them. I like em a little snug so they don't move around.

vikingshadow
06-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Redz elbow pads and knee pads are pretty good as well. I use the elbow pads, which were a bit tight when I first got them but the loosened with some use.

Although I like the knee pads, I have a pair of Franklin volleyball knee pads that were like ten bucks from Wal-Mart - they work perfectly and NEVER fall down. Extra thick padding as well...

DyNasty9
06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
whats your weight? Dye C5's I had were awesome. I'm 6'1" 150lbs and I had XS. I'm skinny, and they were a tiny bit tight, which is how I like them. I like em a little snug so they don't move around.
im 135lbs. but i have pretty big forarms. so maybe ill go with a small.i deffinatly want them tight and not loose.

Paradox313
06-24-2006, 09:03 PM
DO NOT GETA SMALL IF FAIRLY BIG ARMS!
bought small dye c5 arm gaurds
i nearly ripped off the wrist cuff
now i boughta large and they are still tight but easy enough to get off

MetDTHero
06-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I like my JT's and Empire's...

druid
06-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm 6'0", 235. I tricep 150 lbs (machine max) and preacher curl (wrists only for forearms) 120 lbs. I bought XL Redz and they are snnnnnnnnnnnnug...

lewizz124
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
ive used the Dye C5 pads and they work really well, i have Redz padz right now and they work well too. but if i were you i would get the Dye C5 arm pads. Druid i have medium Redz pads and there SOOOO loose, wonna trade?

ShadowX
06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I pretty much had my mind set on the Dye C5's, UNTIL I went to the local shop to try and find a good size that fit me in the C5's.. Well, while I was there I saw the Empire Ventz Elbow/Forearm pads.. I saw that they were only 33 bucks and I tryed them on.. They felt and fit better than the 53 Dollar Dye C5's! I picked them up and I couldn't be happier.. They NEVER move around and show no sign of premature wear or thread's coming undone.. Also, they protect you arms and elbows from slides VERY well.. I can't even feel Superman dives.. Also, I haven't had ONE hit break on my forearms since I got them.. They have all bounced.. I say it was a great buy for 33 bucks!