PDA

View Full Version : buying a used Pilot

QuiGonKen
06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
ok well im in the process of buying a used pilot and it has 2 problems that i am told need to be fixed he said that it is missing the burst disc and pin

now im not sure how to find this problem b/c i thought the burst disc and pin is located on a tank not gun...

now if im wrong, and usually i am, how much is it to get these parts replaced?
thanks for the help

-QGK

bamf-hacker
06-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Yep the burst disk is on the tank.

The pin they are most likely referring to is the quick disconnect pin. You can get that from Kingman direct or from Doro Paintball (http://www.doropaintball.com/Index.asp)

As for the burst disk you can get them any where, but if you do not have air smith knowledge I would suggest you go to a pro shop to have it repaired. Should not cost more than a couple of bucks.

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
06-24-2006, 08:47 PM
:yeahthat:

Make sure the burst disk is rated at 3k ... but like he said .. if you don't know what your doing .. go to your local pb shop

QuiGonKen
06-25-2006, 12:05 AM
if i brought it to a proshop it shouldnt cost too much right? to get everything fixed?

bamf-hacker
06-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Well from Doro, which is sort of expensive, the quick disconnect pin and cotter pin for it is $15. You can save $6 by using a key ring to stick in the locking hole of the disconnect pin. There should be no install fee for that. The burst disk should cost a few dollars and not to much for install.

so total should be about $25. Don't quote me, just my guess.

HacKeR