PDA

View Full Version : need a little bit of help from the car people

bomberpilot07
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
alright ive got a 98 blazer and i need to get new tires for it... mine have about had it so this is where you guys come in. i want something a little rough looking. but dont want to spend more then 600 for a full set... rims dont matter i just unless the i get bigger tires. ill have to find out what size mine are currently but if anyone knows a good brand to go for, for a realitively nice price lemme know.

also. does anyone know where to get blue led interior lights? ive been looking and havent had any luck. i checked ebay but from what i looked under i couldnt find any to fit my car.

thanks guys..

Baller-59
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
1. don't screw with your interior lights.
2. any set of wheels for your car that looks nice and aren't total crap are gonna cost at least 150 per wheel.
3. just get a nice set of tires for your car that are the same size as your current ones. If you get a larger rim and add tire size you are gonna have to recalibrate your speedometer to account for the change.

talk to the guy in the tire store to see what they recommend for a good all season tire. chances are it will cost about 150 a tire when it's all said and done. If you buy a cheap tire it's gonna have to be replaced sooner and they are more prone to failure.

druid
06-24-2006, 10:53 PM
alright ive got a 98 blazer and i need to get new tires for it... mine have about had it so this is where you guys come in. i want something a little rough looking. but dont want to spend more then 600 for a full set... rims dont matter i just unless the i get bigger tires. ill have to find out what size mine are currently but if anyone knows a good brand to go for, for a realitively nice price lemme know.

also. does anyone know where to get blue led interior lights? ive been looking and havent had any luck. i checked ebay but from what i looked under i couldnt find any to fit my car.

thanks guys..

The more aggressive the tread pattern, the more road noise you will hear in the cabin and the gas gauge starts to cough...really, really hard. You can't afford that...not with what you make at work. Aggressive patterns (the mean one's yer looking for) are useless unless you do off-roading (and I'm not talking doing donuts in the neighbors yard or corn field either). Your truck isn't set op for true 4-wheeling (yet) and the suspension mods alone run around $2500, all said n done. Air shocks alone won't cut it. You'll need new spring-packs/boosters, control and Pittman arms and likely move the steering box/column depending on the height you go. Ditch the idea now.
You would be better off getting standard tread, steel belted radials at about <$80 a tire. The only thing you should worry about is a decent tread for heavy rain-downpours and street flooding...that channels the water away from the center tread, to the outside walls.
Sears tires (I forget the brand) are pretty good...get ones with 30,000 mile warenty (or greater but that's more $$).