PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way To Oil Entire Spyder?

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
I know with my old GTI Pirnha I could just drop three drops of pb oil into the bottomline asa and dry fire the gun for about 10 shots and it would be oiled... is it the same with spyders?

Sandman_Bravo
06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Edited:

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3799

had wrong thread!

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
How do I take off the top-cocking pin on the Pilot ACS? It dosen't screw off so I can't get the bolt out... :-\

twiztidjuggalo
06-23-2006, 12:42 PM
all u have to do is pull it straight up, it does require a good tug though, they tend to be a little hard to get out

Sandman_Bravo
06-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Twist while pulling, if that doesn't work try using pliers to grasp it firmer and pull it out.

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Got it, thx, bolt and hammer o-rings are fine...

EliteEagleX
06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh yeah, I never got my first question answered, CAN I OIL the gun by dropping 3 drops of pb marker oil into the bottomline asa and dry firing 10 times like you can with Pmi guns?

druid
06-24-2006, 05:03 PM
yes you can...but you should take it apart and do it manually because it better.

bamf-hacker
06-24-2006, 07:12 PM
yes you can...but you should take it apart and do it manually because it better.

:yeahthat: 100% what Druid said, but if you don't have time to strip down your marker to oil it then the ASA oiling is better than nothing at all. Even if you do fully strip it down it wont hurt anything to do the ASA oiling also.

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
meh ... i ususally strip it down clean it and everything the day before i play ... have everything ready ...

Then after each game i just take out the bolt and striker ... make sure they're clean ... as well as the top tube of the body ... oil the o-rings ... few drops in ASA and then clearing shots ...

druid
06-24-2006, 10:55 PM
:yeahthat: 100% what Druid said, but if you don't have time to strip down your marker to oil it then the ASA oiling is better than nothing at all. Even if you do fully strip it down it wont hurt anything to do the ASA oiling also.

HacKeR

hacker...I respectfully disagree. One should make the time to properly maintain their gear...not rely on 'quick fixes' to 'get them by.'

bamf-hacker
06-25-2006, 03:37 AM
hacker...I respectfully disagree. One should make the time to properly maintain their gear...not rely on 'quick fixes' to 'get them by.'

Don't get me wrong. I always strip down my equipment to properly maintain it, but the truth is most people do not and if he is one of those, then at least a little oil is better than nothing right?

HacKeR

EliteEagleX
06-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Hm.. quick question, I heard OIL can make the derlin bolt swell, is that true? If that is so then dry-firing to get oil outta the asa would get some on the derlin bolt, so wouldn't that make it swell?

vikingshadow
06-25-2006, 05:13 AM
I never did the shooting through the ASA because the Torp hates gun oil with a passion. If you have a regulator on your gun, make sure it can take the gun oil before you do this trick. Also, IF you do this, remove your barrel so the oil doesn't get in there, and make sure to wipe your ACS down as soon as your finished. Don't want to let the oil soak into it because it'll swell.

However, now that all that's been said - STRIP YOUR GUN DOWN, CLEAN AND LUBE IT AFTER EVERY DAY OF PLAY!!! You treat your gun good, it'll treat you good. You don't REALLY need to do it after every day, but most people do and they're guns don't let them down.

Spinal
06-26-2006, 11:17 AM
i cannot see how putting oil in the asa and shooting it a few times would oil anything at all other than the cupseal, if it ever gets there that is.