PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Pilot ACS Problems :(

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
I just bought a new Pilot ACS (Red\Black Fade)
I installed an Evil Driver Barrel, Anti-Siphon C02 Tank, and Dye Sticky Grips. I also have a 12V Revy Hopper. I took it out to test fire it and every I guess 12 shots it sounds like it double feeds, aka more gas comes into the gun than should or it could just be a double feed... any ideas? It basically fires regularlly then has a weird gas sound and at times, uncocks

Hossy
06-23-2006, 12:04 PM
did u lube the gun?

replace some o rings?

thats all i can think of, without being there and accually helping with the gun

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Nah, didn't lube up the gun, I guess I should lube up the Hammer (Striker), LPC and... guess that's all I can easily get to.

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, it only does it when their are balls in the gun so I think it's accidently double-feeding.. any way to fix it

Paintball0308
06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Make sure your tank is filled when its almost empty that happens.

druid
06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Nah, didn't lube up the gun, I guess I should lube up the Hammer (Striker), LPC and... guess that's all I can easily get to.

...double feeds are from worn detents or hopper force feeding past them

...the recocking problem is because you failed to oil the striker Oring

...don't expect too much from it if you aren't going to take care of it...basic maintenence is in the manual

Sandman_Bravo
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
And make sure the anti-syphon is at TDC.

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 08:18 PM
What do you mean T.D.C? I basically ordered Smart Partz 20oz Anti-Siphon Tank W\ On\Off Valve, I maintence all my guns however when I just take it out of the box and fire off maybe 200 rounds, I don't expect to have to oil it after that little of use.

Sandman_Bravo
06-23-2006, 08:22 PM
TDC = top dead center. You don't want to have liquid co2 spiking your marker.

EliteEagleX
06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Top Dead Center... would that be where the on\off valve is pointed upward? I've turned the c02 tank on while it's not in the gun to see if any liquid co2 comes out when the valve is on and turned it every which way and no liquid comes out... so I don't think it matters which way it is screwed in valve wise. (Up\Down). I think I found the problem also with the double firing- the ACS bolt (which is brand new) seems to be having problems, that spring inside it scrapes against the derlin... aka it pops out where you can see it just a wee bit to the point that it is lightly scraping against it which is slowing down the spring-reaction.

Paintball0308
06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the smartparts on and off tank with the antisiphon needs to be re adjusted because how would they know where the tank stops turning in your gun. so you anti siphon could be pointing down sucking up alot of liquid co2. thats what I think could be one problem.

MNBaller
06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
The guns are crap out of the box, thats the problem.

ACSinMich
06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
i've had issues with my gun double feeding, i have the ricoche apache hopper, i just thought it was a ramping issue. nothing better than watching 2 balls collide a couple inches past your barrel lol

EliteEagleX
06-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Guns are CRAP out of the box? lol, I know the barrel is, but the Pilot ACS alone out of the box is MEANT to be a excellent shooter straight out, not perfect of course but a very good mid-range gun, You should NOT have to fix a problem with double feeding on ANY stock gun since it is NOT hopper related, saying that the guns are crap out of the box dosen't help it all so if you don't have anything beneficial to say, then don't say anything at all. I'm assumeing it's my BOLT or the C02 is just pumping liquid in since the Anti-Siphon could be wrong, so I Just ordered a NON-Anti-Siphon Pure Energy 20 Oz c02 tank with on\off valve... I'll just stick with regular c02 for now.

bigred76
06-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Is your anti-siphon properly installed so it faces upwards when fully screwed into the marker? If it isn't, it will act as a siphon tube and bring all the liquid into the marker. To check this, take off the valve and screw it by itself into the asa, and adjust the tube so it is pointing upwards. You also might want to see if your ball detent is loose AT ALL, as that will cause double feeding. Another thing: did you break in the ACS bolt? (have to make sure)
I have to agree, the Pilot ACS is not the best, not even close, but it is supposed to work better than other Spyders, especially right out the box. IMO, if you got nothing to do but flame, go back to the ****ing PBNation where you belong.

ross * pilot
06-28-2006, 12:47 PM
bigred76, is bigred referring to denison university? there mascot is the big red

RushinPaint
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
i have the uncocking problem, but it only uncocks because i fire to fast and the pressure isn't high enough to recock it. its no problem but i shoot just fine (HPA). if its uncocking fireing slow u need to lube your striker. the Anti Siphon could be the problem but i don't see how it would uncock ur gun. sounds like liquid Co2 would just freeze it up =/. i've never used a Anti-Siphon or Co2 in my pilot.

and what are you guys talking about "its not the best out of the box" for a beginner gun with someone just new to the game its a fast marker even with the stock java hopper i can get 5-6 rounds off in 2 seconds and its accurate to a point. for a beginners gun who could want more and at a good price.

bigred76
06-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it isn't the best marker OUT THERE. I'm saying that it IS a good beginners gun, and can shoot fairly well right out of the box. Nothing on a Timmy or a Matrix, but it's pretty good for the level you're playing at.

Ross, my nickname is Big Red around these parts because I'm bigger than my bro and I have red hair. My bro's Little Red.